Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts offseason discussion / Ballard Grievances (merge)

5 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

We didnt need anything from them to make a deal.  A team moved up to number one in that draft and we were in better position than them to do it.

You missed the point. The Texans could have moved up too. They were content gambling someone wouldn’t jump them for Stroud. Think about that… And don’t say they had inside knowledge that the Panthers were going to be the one to trade and they were going to select little man. They gambled and lucked out. Anyone could have gambled big and got Stroud.  

4 hours ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

Chelsea Peretti Eye Roll GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

4 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

“Many of us thought it was a terrible season.”   

That may or may not be true,  but you’re the first person I’ve seen actually say it.  That you thought it was a “terrible season.”  

I’ve read some who were frustrated with a season where the young kids were allowed to play and learn on the job….  That’s not easy to watch being a fan.  I get that.  But “terrible season”?!?    Really?   

You're the first. 

Holy Cow….   

3 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Terrible season.   Doug should look at the 80s and 90s if you want to see terrible seasons.   I knew this colts team wasn't going to the superbowl  before AR got hurt.   I saw a lot of grit and a lot of will to win.   The team went 9-8 with a journeyman at qb.  Mustache played his butt off.  I wish we could have kept him.    

A team devoid of talent doesn't win 9 games worth a backup qb.  

I don't think Ballard is perfect,  I think him and Irsay have a plan that they agree on to building a team.  Those that think this blueprint is only on Ballard haven't been paying attention.   He will draft good players,  then sign players cut after the draft.   If Anthony Richardson can stay healthy,  this team can win the division 

I thought it was terrible season for a fan, is what I meant.

Some on here, and even quoted in this post, at the beginning of the season called it a "throw away season" where they expected about 6 wins, but was going to watch AR progress.  That's what they said.

Well, after 4 games, that throw away season with a BUT, didn't even have a BUT anymore.  Yawn.

But I guess some found a way to think Minshew and the non explosive roster...even JT was out for a while...was somehow going to prevail in the AFC?  

It didn't take the end of the season when Ballard actually said "more explosive" for me to already know what he finally admitted.  Yes, for a Colts fan who sees reality and expected a big nothing, that's pretty much what the season was.  Little hope with AR.  Nothing to watch without him.  Terrible from a fan's perspective.

I suppose the players and the team had a decent season, winning 9 games, but that's not what I was talking about.

BTW, there was a post earlier that I don't seem to see anymore, that said " some of the more positive fans tend to act like the biggest heels"  and they come after people more.  I agree.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

Some on here, and even quoted in this post, at the beginning of the season called it a "throw away season" where they expected about 6 wins, but was going to watch AR progress.  That's what they said.

Well, after 4 games, that throw away season with a BUT, didn't even have a BUT anymore.  Yawn.

But I guess some found a way to think Minshew and the non explosive roster...even JT was out for a while...was somehow going to prevail in the AFC?  

It didn't take the end of the season when Ballard actually said "more explosive" for me to already know what he finally admitted.  Yes, for a Colts fan who sees reality and expected a big nothing, that's pretty much what the season was.  Terrible from a fan's perspective.

I suppose the players and the team had a decent season, winning 9 games, but that's not what I was talking about.

BTW, there was a post earlier that I don't seem to see anymore, that said " some of the more positive fans tend to act like the biggest heels"  and they come after people more.  I agree.

The difference between negative fans and positive fans are, positive fans still point out the teams' flaws and being disappointed after a loss but know the season is still fun to watch and we have a punchers chance at winning. Negative fans never give us credit for a huge win and just talk smack about the team all year for craps and giggles. Any smart person knows this. I remember after we beat the Steelers, most of the negative fans disappeared for a week. The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)- I mean if a Colts fan can't be happy about beating that cheating team and improving to 8-6, then I am not sure what someone would want.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BlackTiger said:

That is a surprise to me.  Watching games I just try to enjoy the moment and we did get to 9 wins.  It was ok but I never got super excited because it felt they were not really built to go anywhere. We have seen worse, other teams see a lot worse too.  

But 9-8 isnt going to bring a celebration of Chris Ballard from me.  With the new playoff format lots of teams are close every single year.  Its like we have built a team to be in the hunt but thats about it.

Last year was an exception to the rule type of season.   They force fed the rookies.  Let them learn the hard way.  The goal was to let them take their lumps so they’d be better this year.   

Thats not going to happen this year.  The goal is to be much more competitive.  In part because the kids should make the second year jump and also because the view is AR is going to exceed expectations. 

This year should be very different than last year.  Doesn’t mean the Colts will have a great year, only that the goal is to be much more competitive than last.  

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

The Texans could have moved up too

My comment as actually more directed at Tua and Herbert because I personally liked them better.  It would have been a risk to trade up but we could have done it.  Houston didnt want to trade up either, they wanted to pick someone at 2 and then trade for Will Anderson.

If you just sit and wait for a great qb to fall to you in the draft it may never happen before the regime is fired.  Ballard could be in that position soon 

• Like 1

Just now, BlackTiger said:

My comment as actually more directed at Tua and Herbert because I personally liked them better.  It would have been a risk to trade up but we could have done it.  Houston didnt want to trade up either, they wanted to pick someone at 2 and then trade for Will Anderson.

If you just sit and wait for a great qb to fall to you in the draft it may never happen before the regime is fired.

Understood. 

We scouted Herbert hard. Hindsight always sucks when it didn’t work out in your favor, but he would have likely been the guy had we pulled the trigger to trade up for one. Ballard’s belief at the time was that it was going to cost a lot when they had buckner on the table for that pick. And the 3 tech was viewed as the most important position of Eberflus defense. Again- hindsight is always fun when it works out. For Ballard, had he pulled the trigger and it not work out (Herbert has been injured a lot, for what it’s worth,) there would probably be a lot of pleased people on this board when he was fired a year or two ago. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, DougDew said:

Only when it goes overboard. Overboard is the key word. If someone came on here and said we aren't a SB contender yet, or our QB isn't a top 5 QB yet, or Ballard isn't a top 10 GM, then I would listen and agree. When someone says Ballard sucks, Colts suck, AR is glass and will be a bust just to be negative, and we will never do nothing under Ballard then I have to roll my eyes. See the difference.

Edited by Superman
quoted post removed

38 minutes ago, DougDew said:

It didn't take the end of the season when Ballard actually said "more explosive" for me to already know what he finally admitted.  Yes, for a Colts fan who sees reality and expected a big nothing, that's pretty much what the season was.  Little hope with AR.  Nothing to watch without him.  Terrible from a fan's perspective.

Not to me. Got a glimpse of AR and the potential and it was a lot better than what I was initially expecting. We beat the friggin’ Steelers AND the Patriots. Yes I know the circumstances, but as a fan it was enjoyable to win those games. Our final home game was basically a playoff game and it was rockin’ and rollin’ all the way until that final pass. The loss sucked, but the game as a whole was pretty damn fun to be a part of. 

• Thanks 1

@DougDew   

Appreciate the response.   

Im sincerely sorry for any Colts fans who didn’t enjoy the season as much as I and others did.  But I know people often see the same thing differently.   

So for 2024, I think you’re going to see even more from Shane Steichen.  I think he’s a really good young coach.  He was a pleasure to watch his first season.  Thought he coached the heck out of the team.    I expect to see even more improvement from him.  

So at least there will be a good feeling that the Colts have their HC for the long-term.   And maybe we will see great improvement from AR.   So maybe fans will think the Colts might have their WB of the future.  And I say that as someone who always says be patient with young QB’s they need at least 3-4 years to figure it out.  

I’m in the glass half full crowd.  Hope to convince more people to join me and leave the glass half empty camp. 

Edited by Superman
  • Like 4

I am not sure Doug would be happy if we won a SB in a fluke way. Meaning not having an all-time great team but won because other good teams had injuries and we got the bounce of the ball. There are still some that say Peyton won his SB because Sexy Rexy was the opposing QB which blows my mind because we beat Tom Brady and BB to get to that game.

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am not sure Doug would be happy if won a SB in a fluke way. Meaning not having an all-time great team but won because other good teams had injuries and we got the bounce of the ball. There are still some that say Peyton won his SB because Sexy Rexy was the opposing QB which blows my mind because we beat Tom Brady and BB to get to that game.

The thing I try to stress in that Colts Super Bowl is that it came in Peyton’s 9th season!    I believe the run to a Super Bowl is the hardest thing in all of sports.   So many things can go wrong.  So many things have to go right.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

The thing I try to stress in that Colts Super Bowl is that it came in Peyton’s 9th season!    I believe the run to a Super Bowl is the hardest thing in all of sports.   So many things can go wrong.  So many things have to go right.   

I thought our run was impressive not just because of beating Brady but because we had to go into Baltimore and win as well. This is straight from Ray Lewis mouth = "Peyton gave me more nightmares than any other QB I have played against in my career, because I knew he could beat me if I messed up just 1 time". He went on and said - Going into 2006, "Brady has the Rings with 3 but Peyton was chasing that 1st one which had me scared", "the dude wanted that ring"! 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Not to me. Got a glimpse of AR and the potential and it was a lot better than what I was initially expecting. We beat the friggin’ Steelers AND the Patriots. Yes I know the circumstances, but as a fan it was enjoyable to win those games. Our final home game was basically a playoff game and it was rockin’ and rollin’ all the way until that final pass. The loss sucked, but the game as a whole was pretty damn fun to be a part of. 

Geez.  Both the Steelers and Pats suck.  They both just got rid of their starting QBs from last season.  Rivalries only matter to me when all teams are in the upper echelon of the AFC.  Who can finish the most mediocre is a yawner, and I thought all three teams were no better than that.  I guess that's a basic difference in how different people enjoy the game of NFL football.

I said early in the season and now, I like competent football, and thought DET, MIA, and some of the new teams to the leadership roles were going to be a more compelling watch than a team with a rookie QB with 13 college starts, and then his backup.  HOU was a fun watch too, and was a surprise.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, DougDew said:

Who said you are realistic?  Personally I think you lost that credibility when you said last season wasn’t enjoyable.  Yeah I know you disagree and that’s fine but that doesn’t make you realistic and me or anyone else is unrealistic.  That points to my point before with all or nothing thinking.  If someone suggests last season was enjoyable given the circumstances and was a heck of lot more enjoyable than the season before it which was boarder line unwatchable at times that is actually a very realistic opinion.  Most of those same people also say there is still room for improvement which is also realistic.  

Also, yeah most fans of something are positive.  That alone doesn’t make them unrealistic.  That’s what fans do.  They see the positives in things they like.  This whole idea that you have to only focus on negatives of something you “cheer for” to be a realistic fan of it defies all logic.  Yet that’s what some seem to think.  

As for fans responding to you to disagree with you.  Yeah welcome to a message board.  That’s what happens people post opinions and others respond.  I could easily say man anytime I don’t say something negative about my team others just respond to disagree.  It goes both ways.  Not everyone is going to agree on things and again that’s okay.  This place would be extremely boring and serve no point if we all shared the same view point.  That’s exactly what some who feel picked on because they say negative things have been saying the past few days and they are right.  They are entitled to their opinions and not to be attacked for it just because it’s not positive.  By the same token so are people who see things in a positive light and no that alone doesn’t make them unrealistic.  Unrealistic would be expecting the Colts to win every game by 50 points and win 10 Super Bowls straight with Richardson or any QB.

Edited by Superman
  • Thanks 1

Just now, DougDew said:

Geez.  Both the Steelers and Pats suck.  They both just got rid of their starting QBs from last season.  Rivalries only matter to me when all teams are in the upper echelon of the AFC.  Who can finish the most mediocre is a yawner, and I thought all three teams were no better than that.  I guess that's a basic difference in how different people enjoy the game of NFL football.

I said early in the season and now, I like competent football, and thought DET, MIA, and some of the new teams to the leadership roles were going to be a more compelling watch than a team with a rookie QB with 13 college starts, and then his backup.  HOU was a fun watch too, and was a surprise.

Steelers made the playoffs and actually weren't that bad. Pats on the other hand stunk but beating BB is always fun at least for me considering he is arguably the greatest coach ever.

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Steelers made the playoffs and actually weren't that bad. Pats on the other hand stunk but beating BB is always fun at least for me considering he is arguably the greatest coach ever.

As a Colts fan anytime New England loses it’s a good day.  Anytime the Colts beat them it’s a great day.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am not sure Doug would be happy if we won a SB in a fluke way. Meaning not having an all-time great team but won because other good teams had injuries and we got the bounce of the ball. 

You mean you would be happy? 

You're right, winning by getting lucky is not fun to me.  Being the guy who plays the least bad is not fun even if you win the race.  In fact, I'd be embarrassed to hoist the trophy, acting like I actually accomplished something.  

Ever play golf?  The winner isn't all that happy when they were 15 over par and the rest were 17.  They are happiest when their process leads to them playing well at the times it matters.  Being the best when others are being their best.  That's why they practice, and that's when sports and competition is satisfying.  Who actually wins is secondary to seeing the process being fulfilled by playing well and beating the best at their best.

3 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Who said you are realistic?  Personally I think you lost that credibility when you said last season wasn’t enjoyable.  Yeah I know you disagree and that’s fine but that doesn’t make you realistic and me or anyone else is unrealistic.  That points to my point before with all or nothing thinking.  If someone suggests last season was enjoyable given the circumstances and was a heck of lot more enjoyable than the season before it which was boarder line unwatchable at times that is actually a very realistic opinion.  Most of those same people also say there is still room for improvement which is also realistic.  

Also, yeah most fans of something are positive.  That alone doesn’t make them unrealistic.  That’s what fans do.  They see the positives in things they like.  This whole idea that you have to only focus on negatives of something you “cheer for” to be a realistic fan of it defies all logic.  Yet that’s what some seem to think.  

As for fans responding to you to disagree with you.  Yeah welcome to a message board.  That’s what happens people post opinions and others respond.  I could easily say man anytime I don’t say something negative about my team others just respond to disagree.  It goes both ways.  Not everyone is going to agree on things and again that’s okay.  This place would be extremely boring and serve no point if we all shared the same view point.  That’s exactly what some who feel picked on because they say negative things have been saying the past few days and they are right.  They are entitled to their opinions and not to be attacked for it just because it’s not positive.  By the same token so are people who see things in a positive light and no that alone doesn’t make them unrealistic.  Unrealistic would be expecting the Colts to win every game by 50 points and win 10 Super Bowls straight with Richardson or any QB.

Last season wasn't enjoyable because our Franchise QB went down with a season ending injury. You can say Minshew got us one game away from a playoff game. Think about it though. What's the best that could come from it? Either Minshew was going to hit FA and we don't re-sign him (which is what happened), and that result is meaningless because Minshew isn't on the team next year and we missed the playoffs. The second option is Minshew re-signs and is the backup again. If that happens, then AR still is going through what is mostly a rookie year in his 2nd year and you have to hope he can do what Minshew does, and you have Minshew to do the same thing if AR goes down again. Or Minshew starts for some reason and you get another mediocre season and you give up on AR as the starter (this would never happen). 

In any case, it was a one season illusion like Phillip Rivers without making the playoffs, and AR still has to develop. We got the worst possible result being 1 game short, Richardson didn't get much development, and we are picking 15th in the draft. Not too mention Stroud is the guy in Houston now, and that sucks for the Colts in the division.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DougDew said:

You're right, winning by getting lucky is not fun to me.  Being the guy who plays the least bad is not fun even if you win the race.  In fact, I'd be embarrassed to hoist the trophy, acting like I actually accomplished something.  

Ever play golf?  The winner isn't all that happy when they were 15 over par and the rest were 17.  They are happiest when their process leads to them playing well at the times it matters.  Being the best when others are being their best.  That's why they practice, and that's when sports and competition is satisfying.  Who actually wins is secondary to seeing the process being fulfilled by playing well and beating the best at their best.

If the Colts won the Super Bowl yeah I would be happy regardless of how they did it, even if it was a fluke win.  As would about 99.9% of fans of the team.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

If the Colts won the Super Bowl yeah I would be happy regardless of how they did it, even if it was a fluke win.  As would about 99.9% of fans of the team.

Yeah, if we win the SB, I'm happy no matter what. Don't care if Flacco is the QB. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

What I don't get is, a positive poster getting ridiculed even when they agree with negative posters on certain things. 

I am positive but would agree:

AR isn't a top 5-7 QB in the league, he barely played his rookie season. So, I have no leg to stand on yet.

Ballard isn't a Top 10 GM in the league. I agree. I have him around 15th/16th.

We have played average football since 2021. Can't debate it.

-all is true.

But when someone comes at me saying Ballard sucks, Irsay is a senile old man and has a drug problem, AR is made of glass, Colts suck and last season wasn't enjoyable. There is my problem. If someone can't understand that, than I don't know what to tell ya haha .

The negative people just pour it on and never say anything good, at least the positive people see a middle ground and can enjoy wins. That is just the way I see it based on posts in here.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Credible to whom?   Is there somebody here who has the credentials to hand out who is credible and who isn't?  Maybe in their own minds I suppose.

I laid out why it wasn't enjoyable.  It was boring.  One of the worst seasons ever.  I'm sure most on the national level thought the team was boring as well.  For me, satisfaction doesn't come from a narrow lens of numbers of wins vs losses.   

I'm not being disagreeable.   I'm not arguing what YOUR opinion should be on a matter.  I'm giving a personal opinion that I thought the season was terrible...not compelling at all to watch...and that opinion seems to offend you.  

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, DougDew said:

You and I don’t see life the same way. I guess I’m just a simpleton. I like to enjoy life as it comes, take in each day appreciate it. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

That's you opinion of about how other fans think.  Suspect. 

Personally, I would have been MUCH happier had the Colts won the SB in the 2004 and 2005 seasons., rather than when we won it with Rex Grossman as the opponent and CHI's stud 3T Tommie Harris injured.  Those teams prior to 2006 were much better, and a much better representation of the Colts process and what they were trying to be, IMO. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

What I don't get is, a positive poster getting ridiculed even when they agree with negative posters on certain things. 

I am positive but would agree:

AR isn't a top 5-7 QB in the league, he barely played his rookie season. So, I have no leg to stand on yet.

Ballard isn't a Top 10 GM in the league. I agree. I have him around 15th/16th.

We have played average football since 2021. Can't debate it.

-all is true.

But when someone comes at me saying Ballard sucks, Irsay is a senile old man and has a drug problem, AR is made of glass, Colts suck and last season wasn't enjoyable. There is my problem. If someone can't understand that, than I don't know what to tell ya haha .

The negative people just pour it on and never say anything good, at least the positive people see a middle ground and can enjoy wins. That is just the way I see it based on posts in here.

Too me it’s the all or nothing thinking that I think is a larger picture of society today and isn’t good but that’s a debate for elsewhere but for the most part people tend to think if you don’t 100% agree with me that means you have the 100% opposite view point of me and one of us must be right and one must be wrong.  Not everyone does but I think a lot do it at least some of the time.  It happens.  I think we all, myself included, could do a better job trying to remember that and trying to avoid falling into that line of thinking.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

You and I don’t see life the same way. I guess I’m just a simpleton. I like to enjoy life as it comes, take in each day appreciate it. 

Simpleton?  Who said that?  And I have no idea how you live your life.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Golf tournaments are rarely won by someone playing bad. Most winners are under Par at least in the Masters for example. I ran the 2006 13 MIle Mini-Marathon in 2 hours and came in 3,843 place you can look it up out of 35,965 runners. Impressively good but far from great. Even most good runners finished around 2 hours 15 minutes, others it took forever, etc.. Having said that, if the other 3,842 runners blew a hamstring out including the Kenyon's that finished ahead of me, I would be thrilled to hoist the trophy up considering I busted my butt training for that thing for almost a year. Eating crappy foods and running everyday, living on drinking water and eating Tuna and I ran with the best in the world.

3 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Simpleton?  Who said that?  And I have no idea how you live your life.

My point is I just enjoy each game as it is. Whether it’s a dominate win, or one by luck. A win is a win for me. I’m entertained more easily than you are I guess. 

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

I still don’t know why so many people think our roster sucks. We took a backup QB and were relevant until the final game. Considering most “experts” had us maybe winning 4 games with AR, I think we did well given the circumstances. 
Most teams would have collapsed. We didnt. funny thing is, if that pass hadn’t been dropped, many in here would be singing a different tune. 

but none of that matters now, it’s ARs team. It’s on him now to stay healthy and lead this team. If we can get him some reliable weapons, we stand to surprise a lot of people. 

It's nice to get 9 wins with backup QB, but it happened in a bad division. Jags were strong, then fell apart. Texans were up and down, then won in the final stretch.

If Colts were in AFC North or AFC West, or even in AFC East, those 9 wins wouldn't have come...

The real test is if Jaguars and Texans play to the best of their ability in 2024 season which would finally mimic competition in other AFC divisions, we'll see where Colts roster stands at the end of this upcoming season. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RollerColt said:

My point is I just enjoy each game as it is. Whether it’s a dominate win, or one by luck. A win is a win for me. I’m entertained more easily than you are I guess. 

I personally couldn't get invested into the season last year because I knew that Minshew had no future as our starting QB beyond the season. So anything we accomplished was limited to that year with him. It was playoffs or bust, and we didn't make it. The season was a failure. That's my opinion on it.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Golf tournaments are rarely won by someone playing bad. Most winners are under Par at least in the Masters for example. I ran the 2006 13 MIle Mini-Marathon in 2 hours and came in 3,843 place you can look it up out of 35,965 runners. Impressively good but far from great. Even most good runners finished around 2 hours 15 minutes, others it took forever, etc.. Having said that, if the other 3,842 runners blew a hamstring out including the Kenyon's that finished ahead of me, I would be thrilled to hoist the trophy up considering I busted my butt training for that thing for almost a year. Eating crappy foods and running everyday, living on drinking water and eating Tuna and I ran with the best in the world.

Yes, I know how other sports score.  

The example is that even winners talk about how they play...play well or not...they don't talk about winning the tournament as the be all and end all.  

Do you ever watch those drag racing shows?  Perfect example.  Nobody cares about winning first place if all of their passes down the strip sucked, but they just sucked less than the guys who didn't win. 

What they want is to have all of their time and effort payoff in how fast and straight they can go down the track.  All of that time designing what they think is the winning formula for a car design, building it, tuning it in, practicing down the track.  When everything works like they planned...THAT's when its fun when you win.  Winning by backing into it is a nice prize money, but not very satisfying.  IMO.

I see it as the same way why some of us don't like Ballard's approach.  It doesn't appear to be a design that is going to beat other teams...the way they are designing their teams.  Winning by fluke is just not that fun for me.  Sorry.

1 minute ago, Yoshinator said:

I personally couldn't get invested into the season last year because I knew that Minshew had no future as our starting QB beyond the season. So anything we accomplished was limited to that year with him. It was playoffs or bust, and we didn't make it. The season was a failure. That's my opinion on it.

Understandable. I’m starting to get less and less invested in a way with sports. I’m diving more into things I can personally control, mainly my family and music. These kids grow too fast, I feel like I blink and I miss something! 

I’ll still follow Colts, Reds and Bengals stuff. But it’s getting to the point I don’t feel much after losses.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Imagine had we caught that pass and won the division?? This forum would've been praising Ballard for winning the Division, Shane would have been up for coach of the year, and many would have wanted Minshew back. It is amazing how 1 play changes everything.

I imagine if that RB4 had caught that pass.....

It would've got a first down.

Still 15 yards away to score a TD.

For the nth, infinite time, it was not just 1 play from winning the division...

Sad, away from reality... But the truth doesn't go by the narrative. 

• Like 1

Just now, RollerColt said:

Understandable. I’m starting to get less and less invested in a way with sports. I’m diving more into things I can personally control, mainly my family and music. These kids grow too fast, I feel like I blink and I miss something! 

I’ll still follow Colts, Reds and Bengals stuff. But it’s getting to the point I don’t feel much after losses.

I feel more anger after barely not cashing in daily fantasy football in a tourney or someone scoring a td and knocking me down the leaderboard than I do if the Colts lose now. Losing Richardson upset me last year, but it took something like that to get a response out of me. Just like it took not signing Sneed to get a response out of me. I feel like I have a good idea of what to expect from the Colts and Ballard now, and I've become apathetic towards the team.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Yoshinator said:

So anything we accomplished was limited to that year with him.

It would also be the same for me if we won by buying a bunch of high priced FAs for one year.  Its not really the team you are looking to be invested in.  The team simply won with a collection of unaffiliated players who all wore the Colts uniform for one year, by design.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Yes, I know how other sports score.  

The example is that even winners talk about how they play...play well or not...they don't talk about winning the tournament as the be all and end all.  

Do you ever watch those drag racing shows?  Perfect example.  Nobody cares about winning first place if all of their passes down the strip sucked, but they just sucked less than the guys who didn't win. 

What they want is to have all of their time and effort payoff in how fast and straight they can go down the track.  All of that time designing what they think is the winning formula for a car design, building it, tuning it in, practicing down the track.  When everything works like they planned...THT's when its fun when you win.  Winning by backing into it is a nice prize money, but not very satisfying.  IMO.

I see it as the same way why some of us don't like Ballard's approach.  It doesn't appear to be a design that is going to beat other teams...the way they are designing their teams....unless its by fluke.

We are a team right now like chasing the Kenyon's in a race/ chasing a great runner in general = Chiefs, Ravens, Cincy with Burrow, and probably Houston who can a race in an hour and 5 minutes to an hour 45 minutes lol. We run it in 2 hours. When I did run that, I wanted to run it even faster but my goal was 2 hours, I was the Colts I guess haha . There were many that were the Panthers, Commanders, and Cards of that run. Some couldn't even finish, and others were timed in nearly 4 hours. The guy that won it ran it like in an hour and 5 minutes, I met him and asked him how the hell do you run like that? He couldn't even speak English chuckling homer simpson GIF

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We are a team right now like chasing the Kenyon's in a race/ chasinga great runner in general = Chiefs, Ravens, Cincy with Burrow, and probably Houston who can a race in an hour and 5 minutes to an hour 45 minutes lol. We run it in 2 hours. When I did run that, I wanted to run it even faster but my goal was 2 hours, I was the Colts I guess haha . There were many that were the Panthers, Commanders, and Cards of that run. Some couldn't even finish and others were timed in nearly 4 hours. The guy that won it ran it like in an hour and 5 minutes, I met him and asked him how the hell do you run like that? He couldn't even speak English chuckling homer simpson GIF

Imagine going to Kenya and running a marathon with all of them lmao

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Credible to whom?   Is there somebody here who has the credentials to hand out who is credible and who isn't?  Maybe in their own minds I suppose.

I laid out why it wasn't enjoyable.  It was boring.  One of the worst seasons ever.  I'm sure most on the national level thought the team was boring as well.  For me, satisfaction doesn't come from a narrow lens of simple numbers of wins vs losses.   

I'm not being disagreeable.   I'm not arguing what YOUR opinion should be on a matter.  I'm giving a personal opinion that I thought the season was terrible...not compelling at all to watch...and that opinion seems to offend you.  

Watching our overall defense against mediocre competition was generally frought with unpleasantness. Not enjoyable. 

Steichen and his staff got a 5 win offense in the victory lane, again playing just an increment better than teams that didn't play so well.

I couldn't be happier that that duck and run novelty act found a new home.

And those of you that enjoy touting how fun the season was watching that level of football, i would have much preferred drafting 4th -5th in every round this draft.

That would have been something Positive for our future. Those garbage wins were quite damaging. 

Did Ballard or Gus and his staff learn anything useful? 🤔  lol

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We are a team right now like chasing the Kenyon's in a race/ chasinga great runner in general = Chiefs, Ravens, Cincy with Burrow, and probably Houston who can a race in an hour and 5 minutes to an hour 45 minutes lol. We run it in 2 hours. When I did run that, I wanted to run it even faster but my goal was 2 hours, I was the Colts I guess haha . There were many that were the Panthers, Commanders, and Cards of that run. Some couldn't even finish and others were timed in nearly 4 hours. The guy that won it ran it like in an hour and 5 minutes, I met him and asked him how the hell do you run like that? He couldn't even speak English chuckling homer simpson GIF

After all of your training and practicing, trying to achieve your best time, would you feel a little bit lucky if your ran poorly, but every other really good runner fell and broke their leg during the race?   Then you hoist the blue ribbon with some crappy first place time, kind of gloating because you won.....but everybody else is snickering.  LOL

1 minute ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Imagine going to Kenya and running a marathon with all of them lmao

homer simpson lol GIF- I would be the stinker of the group, can't deny it. Those guys rule. 

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

After all of your training and practicing, trying to achieve your best time, would you feel a little bit lucky if your ran poorly, but every other really good runner fell and broke their leg during the race?   Then you hoist the blue ribbon with some crappy first place time and kind of gloating because you won.....but everybody else is snickering.  LOL

Happy Season 17 GIF by The Simpsons

• Like 3