Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts offseason discussion / Ballard Grievances (merge)

26 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

I wish we’d try starting Lewis instead of Paye. 

Lewis was our #2 DE in pressures behind Ebukam (44 and 48 - PFF numbers), but Lewis did it in far fewer pass rush snaps (259 to Ebukam’s 450). 

Paye is far behind with 28 pressures on 410 pass rush snaps. 

Your funny. You don't understand why Paye starts. Also, maybe ask how many of Lewis's pressures occurred when Paye was in the game at the same time.  Time to put you on IGNORE. 

17 minutes ago, Superman said:

Understood. In a vacuum, any of those players being signed doesn't necessarily bother me. It's the totality of resources allocated to those players, and our biggest defensive weaknesses likely were not improved.

Unfortunately our biggest weakness now, will still be the biggest weakness next year.

For the record, I'm not listing the secondary here because we'll definitely be adding back there.

We might add at LB, I hope so, as there are a few guys in the draft I like, but let's be real, Franklin and Speed will get most of the work.

So coverage LB will be an issue again.

Between getting guys back from IR(Flowers), and adding some new faces in the draft and FA(TBD), plus the new DL coach that specializes in pressures (am I wrong here? Thought he led country a few years in pressures, maybe sacks?), I think we will be improved in the pressure department, probably not from Grover, but hopefully everyone else starts getting home a little more. Hopefully DL and Secondary can compliment each other better this season 

The only other thing and we can't change is Gus, will be change philosophy a little and bring a little more blitzes. Not likely.

As far as our biggest weakness entering  FA we have improved it. That is undeniable. Grover is a wash clearly, but Davis is going to be a huge improvement, imo.

DT and backup DT 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, runthepost said:

4 Yrs 76M 55M guaranteed lol wow

yeah I’m convinced we didn’t even try.  Because that’s honestly doable.  Idk, maybe his injury history worried Ballard.  Idk what we’re doing at this point.  Our offense better pretty darn good because our defense is going to be very young and pretty much the same if not worse.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, smittywerb said:

yeah I’m convinced we didn’t even try.  Because that’s honestly doable.  Idk, maybe his injury history worried Ballard.  Idk what we’re doing at this point.  Our offense better pretty darn good because our defense is going to be very young and pretty much the same if not worse.

morning toast GIF by Soft & Gentle

Wanted to give an early look at what our secondary will be next year. I think WR or bowers at 15 is gone. I’m hoping the pick is Terrian Arnold because we’ll need him. 

Just now, adubb84 said:

morning toast GIF by Soft & Gentle

Wanted to give an early look at what our secondary will be next year. I think WR or bowers at 15 is gone. I’m hoping the pick is Terrian Arnold because we’ll need him. 

last espn mock had us getting Quinyon over Arnold.

7 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

19 million is not bad. The guarantees are ridiculous. I am so tired of being a colt fan. It’s embarrassing. Meanwhile we are probably going to have Brent’s who can’t stay healthy. A undrafted guy with an Achilles. A 7th round draft pick and a rookie. It’s trash 

Try to relax with these refreshing gifs 

Happy Water GIF
Cat Reaction GIF

27 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

Yep. Ballard just want to make sure we resign the guys that weren’t good enough to make a difference last season. What a joke.

It’s so annoying how he cant change his approach just a little. Does the man do any sort of self evaluation? 

Clown fiesta.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Superman said:

Say Word Lol GIF by Desus & Mero

No way I'd give him that contract, especially with that much guaranteed.

8 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Colts are going to be last in the division. Titans are being more aggressive with a 2nd round QB than Ballard is with his 4th pick. It’s embarrassing at this point.

Making aggressive moves doesn't always mean it's the right moves. Every year we see teams throw a ton of FA money at FAs that give them a fraction of that in return. They gave Ridley insane money and now Sneed. Whether those moves pan out for them remains to be seen.

I don't think the other teams in the division got that much better..

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Ballard probably doesn’t have the sensibility to cut Mo and restructure Q and/or Buck to make room for a quality player at a premium position.

Because why would you do something that? I’m sure Mo’s awesome blocking and couple of TDs next season will outdo whatever Snead does. 

Irsay, are you watching! Division gets better. Colts stay the same.

2024 rookies impact my *.

1 minute ago, Shive said:

Excited Oh No GIF

Making aggressive moves doesn't always mean it's the right moves. Every year we see teams throw a ton of FA money at FAs that give them a fraction of that in return. They gave Ridley insane money and now Sneed. Whether those moves pan out for them remains to be seen.

Texans sure did.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Does Ballard realize corner is a premium position.

It’s more important to keep Mo and not do any restructures like other NFL franchises.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Shive said:

Colts don’t have one proven CB. Their safety group is a mess. Titans got Ridley and now add sneed. Colts have sat stagnant. It’s embarrassing.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Shive said:

Excited Oh No GIF

That’s right around what I was expecting.  The market is what it is.  Ballard decided not to pay it.  Let’s hope he doesn’t pick off AR a few times.

3 minutes ago, Shive said:

Excited Oh No GIF

I think most people were hoping for at minimum a splash as this position. One of exceptional need. Giving out a crazy amounts of money for one player for “possible improvement” that

in most cases doesn’t pan out is also a bit out there.

Both things can be true. 

It’s just that Ballards moves haven’t panned out to much success for the fan base to understand his approach on team building. The pitchforks and torches will be out early if we get cooked throughout the season. Need a slam dunk draft like 2018. 

Colts don’t have one proven CB. Their safety group is a mess. Titans got Ridley and now add sneed. Colts have sat stagnant. It’s embarrassing.

Titans drastically overpaid for both of them.

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

That’s right around what I was expecting.  The market is what it is.  Ballard decided not to pay it.  Let’s hope he doesn’t pick off AR a few times.

He got the same contact amount as Jaylon Johnson, with more guaranteed (55M vs $48M). Johnson was considered to be one of the top CBs in the league last season, was a pro-bowler, and an all-pro. He deserved the contract he got. Sneed wasn't the best CB on the Chiefs and isn't close to Johnson's level. He could end up being a good player for the Titans, but I'm glad we're not paying that kind of money to him. Add in the knee injury concerns and that kind of guaranteed money is crazy.

• Like 2

We might as well not even put a secondary on the field because it won’t matter. It’s so hard seeing teams in the division at least try. Ballard I like my guys really needs to go.

Don't worry, Gus will turn them all into lock down corners

1 minute ago, adubb84 said:

I think most people were hoping for at minimum a splash as this position. One of exceptional need. Giving out a crazy amounts of money for one player for “possible improvement” that

in most cases doesn’t pan out is also a bit out there.

Both things can be true. 

It’s just that Ballards moves haven’t panned out to much success for the fan base to understand his approach on team building. The pitchforks and torches will be out early if we get cooked throughout the season. Need a slam dunk draft like 2018. 

He must have something up his sleeve.  He knows the pressure is on him.  To be this quiet three weeks in really surprising.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Shive said:

I agree. Does anyone remember when the Eagles were named "the Dream Team" after they won free agency that year? It did not help them win anything the following season.

• Like 1