Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts offseason discussion / Ballard Grievances (merge)

41 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I actually like the CB room if we land sneed. Having flowers and jones as backups is pretty nice. Flowers and Brent’s might even compete for number two. Adding one vet will change  the room a ton.

I like Brent’s but he had injury issues in college and he started off his pro career with injuries.  Flowers had his injury.  I would find it very hard to pass on one of the top rated corners at 15.  If Ballard passes he passes.  But you really need a quality secondary in our division that’s for sure.

Just bring back Gilly or give Nelson a call.  Draft a couple more CBs, let them learn the system.  

I know we need a veteran, as well as a vet S.  I wonder if Blackmon has come down to earth on his asking price.

Please draft a receiver (Bowers or Thomas Jr.) before trying to fix the D.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, csmopar said:

Who is this dude?

someone better go screenshot all these tweets from all these folks like holder if this is true

The account now says it is not found. (As of 5:30PM ET on Saturday, March 16th.)

• Thanks 1

Destin might be about to learn a very valuable lesson always always always confirm and double confirm all aspects of a major story before reporting it.  I know Holder took a lot of heat today because he wasn’t saying what people wanted to hear but the way things are going it’s looking like he was correct.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Destin might be about to learn a very valuable lesson always always always confirm and double confirm all aspects of a major story before reporting it.  I know Holder took a lot of heat today because he wasn’t saying what people wanted to hear but the way things are going it’s looking like he was correct.  

I don't know if you saw what Mike Chappell wrote.

It could still happen.

Why were so many people give Holder a hard time?

5 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

He said he had multiple sources confirm it.

Just now, NFLfan said:

I don't know if you saw what Mike Chappelle wrote.

Yeah I saw it earlier.  I trust Chappell above everyone else and for what it’s worth note he just reported what he’s been told and not his personal opinion like Holder added today.  I think that’s part of why people trust Chappell so much.  He’s a true beat reporter.  He just says what he’s been told.

• Like 2

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

He said he had multiple sources confirm it.

Read the second tweet I posted where he literally says he hasn’t gotten any confirmation on the extension.  That’s why I said you have to confirm everything.

• Like 1

Might be fair to say Ballard doesnt care for any of the FS' on the market or.......hes had plenty of time to work out a good faith contract while waiting for Sneed to sneed us as much as we sneed him......and if its dead he could go ahead and make that good faith contract official......so either he doesnt like any of them, or the deal aint dead yet......a little crunky addition by subtraction, to divide your thoughts LOL

1 minute ago, Crunked said:

Might be fair to say Ballard doesnt care for any of the FS' on the market or.......hes had plenty of time to work out a good faith contract while waiting for Sneed to sneed us as much as we sneed him......and if its dead he could go ahead and make that good faith contract official......so either he doesnt like any of them, or the deal aint dead yet......a little crunky addition by subtraction, to divide your thoughts LOL

There's no rush.

22 safeties have agreed to deals, not many teams that have safety needs left, and there is still quite a bit of good guys out there.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/safety/all/

We are just waiting to see how the Sneed situation plays out.

Which needs to happen sooner than later. This is dragging out way to long.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I don't know if you saw what Mike Chappell wrote.

It could still happen.

Why were so many people give Holder a hard time?

IMO I think the issue with Holder has went further back than these Sneed rumors. I feel like he is very aggressive and attacks anybody who has a different opinion than him. He is very unprofessional in his attitude towards fans IMO. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Captain_Colts1317 said:

IMO I think the issue with Holder has went further back than these Sneed rumors. I feel like he is very aggressive and attacks anybody who has a different opinion than him. He is very unprofessional in his attitude towards fans IMO. 

it’s more of an arrogance than anything… 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Captain_Colts1317 said:

I did not see any attacks posted here. If you can share something, I would appreciate it.

I think sometimes fans dislike those that report on the team. I remember how much Colts fans disliked Brad Wells and another Wells (Mike Wells??). Some fans do not like Doyle. I did not realize fans disliked Holder too.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I did not see any attacks posted here. If you can share something, I would appreciate it.

I think sometimes fans dislike those that report on the team. I remember how much Colts fans disliked Brad Wells and another Wells (Mike Wells??). Some fans do not like Doyle. I did not realize fans disliked Holder too.

I’m not tech savvy enough like some around here to go back and find the old tweets. Those who have followed him long know and have seen how he operates. I’ve never had much of an issue with Mike Wells, I think he did a fair job in reporting. Doyle, is just Doyle not sure how else to describe him, but he’s definitely passionate in his beliefs. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Captain_Colts1317 said:

He even said Taylor didn’t want to be here when colts let him explore a trade. That was proven false by Taylor himself on franklins podcast. It was just a way for him to get colts to step up. He emphatic Taylor wanted traded.

• Like 2

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

He even said Taylor didn’t want to be hear when colds let him explore a trade. That was proven false by Taylor himself on franklins podcast. It was just a way for him to get colts to step up. He emphatic Taylor wanted traded.

Holder could have easily deescalated the situation this morning by just saying per his sources he is hearing it’s not happened and may not happen at all. I feel he really went out of his way to try and bury Destin which professionally speaking isn’t cool by any means. Destin was just going with what he heard and it had no affect on Holder until he decided to put himself into the conversation for the spotlight. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Captain_Colts1317 said:

Holder could have easily deescalated the situation this morning by just saying per his sources he is hearing it’s not happened and may not happen at all. I feel he really went out of his way to try and bury Destin which professionally speaking isn’t cool by any means. Destin was just going with what he heard and it had no affect on Holder until he decided to put himself into the conversation for the spotlight. 

Yep. He could have just said a deal isn’t done and left it at that. Even Destin didn’t say it was done.  Just said they were working on final details.

4 minutes ago, csmopar said:

So have we moved on from Snead yet

My sense is that the Colts have spoken with KC on trade compensation and Sneed’s reps in a contract. And they have parked negotiations at this point. Chappell is probably right, situation is fluid.

4 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Yep. He could have just said a deal isn’t done and left it at that. Even Destin didn’t say it was done.  Just said they were working on final details.

Or Holder has better inside info. 

• Like 1