Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Super Wild Card Weekend Games Thread

Happy2BeHere

7 minutes ago, runthepost said:

AR has to prove it, Stoud has been doing it since week 5

That game v the Rams was enough for me. I realize the sample size is smaller. I realize Stroud has always been this certain. Thought it was ridiculous that he was questioned at all. Still prefer AR

1 minute ago, Dobbinblitz said:

Yes, that is a fair statement regarding the Texans. I would  just like to see Ballard more proactive this offseason and not let both the draft board and  FA “Fall’” to him in the name of “High Value” The team needs difference makers .Ballard likes to drop in the draft and accumulate picks. Dropping back has yielded Cross and Pierce- among others, and yes both are still developing… 

‘Hoping to see a more aggressive approach.

imo he is too afraid of making a miss by moving up

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

Stroud is fun to watch. He’s going to be a hot ticket sell like Burrow and Mahomes a few years into their careers starting.

Yeah, it’s a shame he’s not on Panthers and Young on Texans. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Yoshinator said:

Same reason I watch WWE. I understand it's scripted, but like WWE where I have my favorite wrestlers and follow their journey throughout their career to see how they progress and win titles, I do the same with football, I follow a team and the players on that team and their journey to win a SB. It's really the same thing except wrestling admits it's scripted and other sports don't.

I guess, like wrestling, it’s an American thing then? Not throwing shade, it’s just weird to me. 

• Like 1

Guess one silver lining is a competitive division “almost” forces you to be aggressive in how you handle roster building to stay above everyone else. REALLY hope Ballard is watching how quickly the Texans are improving. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Solid84 said:

Tomlin hasn’t really “won” though in a long time.

Yeah, but how many coaches have never had a losing season? It is hard to do it year in and year out. The Ravens are one of the only other teams that I can think of that is never too down.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dobbinblitz said:

Yes, that is a fair statement regarding the Texans. I would  just like to see Ballard more proactive this offseason and not let both the draft board and  FA “Fall’” to him in the name of “High Value” The team needs difference makers .Ballard likes to drop in the draft and accumulate picks. Dropping back has yielded Cross and Pierce- among others, and yes both are still developing… 

‘Hoping to see a more aggressive approach.

I’d like it if Ballard tried moving up for a few higher round guys instead of moving down for a lot of lower round guys. 

• Like 3

Just now, Happy2BeHere said:

And to think…we dang near beat these Texans last week, and technically we shoulda beat the browns, our team isn’t as bad as we think, I expect next year to be much more competitive and able though.

Gus’s defense is not as bad as some think either,

And to think…we dang near beat these Texans last week, and technically we shoulda beat the browns, our team isn’t as bad as we think, I expect next year to be much more competitive and able though.

Yes, we almost did with freaking Minshew at QB. Just add a few key pieces and hope your QB lives up to his potential 

Something about that game had me thinking Texans knew we weeent scoring touchdowns and they played conservative after having the lead. It almost cost them.

2 minutes ago, adubb84 said:

Guess one silver lining is a competitive division “almost” forces you to be aggressive in how you handle roster building to stay above everyone else. REALLY hope Ballard is watching how quickly the Texans are improving. 

nick caserio did this in just 2 seasons and they were in last place then

1 minute ago, Solid84 said:

I guess, like wrestling, it’s an American thing then? Not throwing shade, it’s just weird to me. 

Wrestling is also very popular in Europe, Mexico and Japan. There's a market in India too that WWE, TNA, and AEW have tried to dig into. I'm not sure how many people have my thought process on football, but that's my reasoning for watching it all these years. When the Braves, Nuggets, and Avalanche all won championships recently, it was all worth it to follow my teams journey and get rewarded. Still thought about it from a wrestling perspective even after winning those Championships. Same with the Colts when they won with Peyton Manning in 2006 and 2009 on the Colts, and when he won the SB in 2015 on the Broncos.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Yoshinator said:

Wrestling is also very popular in Europe, Mexico and Japan. There's a market in India too that WWE, TNA, and AEW have tried to dig into. I'm not sure how many people have my thought process on football, but that's my reasoning for watching it all these years. When the Braves, Nuggets, and Avalanche all won championships recently, it was all worth it to follow my teams journey and get rewarded. Still thought about it from a wrestling perspective even after winning those Championships. Same with the Colts when they won with Peyton Manning in 2006 and 2009 on the Colts, and when he won the SB in 2015 on the Broncos.

Wrestling was huge here as well especially during the Monday night wars

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Were there Colts fans that wanted Stroud? It seems most wanted AR or Levis. It seemed that S2 test (or whatever you call it) and something Stroud said turned Colts fans off.

I led the charge for Stroud. My saying was Give Me Stroud or Give Me Death!  I was good with AR too but Stroud was my #1.

• Like 6