Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Steelers post game

GoColts8818

12 minutes ago, rock8591 said:

In hindsight, the Kazee hit was not as bad as it initially looked. Looks like technically, his back struck MPJ's helmet, not his head nor shoulder.

This was the initial impact; looks like his spine/upper back made first contact, which would actually put Kazee himself at a much higher risk.

The Kayvon Thibodeaux celebration was 100x worse.

Kazee.jpg

I don't know, Pittman had no way of defending that and he did hit him straight in the head.

To me the refs made the right call and a hit like that should be called like that 10/10 times - not just because it happened to a Colt.

• Like 3

Today’s win brings our performance review to an Exceed Expectation. This time last year, we were discussing foot lockers and phone records “ A few Good Men” quote. We are in the Hunt with 3 to go, going to kick back and relax tomorrow and Monday and listen to the bandwagon jumpers climb aboard. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Today’s win brings our performance review to an Exceed Expectation. This time last year, we were discussing foot lockers and phone records “ A few Good Men” quote. We are in the Hunt with 3 to go, going to kick back and relax tomorrow and Monday and listen to the bandwagon jumpers climb aboard. 

It’s nice we can just enjoy tomorrows games and not worry about losing our spot.

1 minute ago, IinD said:

Feels great beating Pittsburgh. They literally have our number so this feels good even though in the big picture it isn't a playoff game or anything but screw them because it's a loss 99% of the time against them.

It probably knocked them out of the playoffs at the very least, at best, it gives us a chance to make the playoffs and write a Cinderella story.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Superman said:

I think Brents' play has been spotty all season. I like him as a prospect, but he's mistake prone and penalty prone, and I think that continues until he improves his technique. 

He's a rookie taking his lumps.  He occasionally makes some good plays in run defense though.  Doesn't help he's missed so much time.  I feel he'll get better next year.  We'll see though.  It took Rock Ya-Sin 3 years I think.

2 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

That second half was domination. The way we ran the ball with two backups is crazy. Now hopefully Pittman can get back next week.

I was just glad he could walk the field because I like Pitt as a person and as a player. I was concerned for him so I just hope he gets better no matter how long it takes. But I bet his neck and head will be hurting tonight ice pack. 

38 minutes ago, CheezyColt said:

I'll never forget that game. Took my Patriots fan wife and my oldest (at the time only) kid who was just recently potty trained. Spent the entire game taking him to the potty like 10+ times. It was right towards the end of the game and he said he has to go again. So off we went. As we were walking down the stairs out of our section, the crowd erupts, I look over and see JT running all the way down the field. I lift my son up and we run up the walkway with him high fiving everyone and giggling like crazy. It was a moment I'll never forget!

And that’s how dad makes a life long bond with his son over the Colts.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

It probably knocked them out of the playoffs at the very least, at best, it gives us a chance to make the playoffs and write a Cinderella story.

Is this really a Cinderella story how many players on our current team could potentially be Hall of Famers I can think of three right off the top of my head. JT, okay is out. Buckner and Nelson maybe more. 

5 minutes ago, superrep1967 said:

I was just glad he could walk the field because I like Pitt as a person and as a player. I was concerned for him so I just hope he gets better no matter how long it takes. But I bet his neck and head will be hurting tonight ice pack. 

You can still get a concussion getting hit in the neck. Hopefully he can go next week.

46 minutes ago, rock8591 said:

In hindsight, the Kazee hit was not as bad as it initially looked. Looks like technically, his back struck MPJ's helmet, not his head nor shoulder.

This was the initial impact; looks like his spine/upper back made first contact, which would actually put Kazee himself at a much higher risk.

Kazee.jpg

You could see him line Pittman up launch and lead with his head.  That’s text book for what the NFL wants out of the game.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Lions are helping the colts so far. Broncos look bad.

Which is good.  Broncos might be the Colts biggest challenge for a playoff spot.  They have a very soft schedule the rest of the way and they win several tie breakers over the Colts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SR711 said:

- Colts followed up their worst performance of the season last week with probably their best all-around performance of the season this week.  

- Mishew was outstanding.  In retrospect, the play he made finding Pittman down the sideline for the big gain in the 2nd quarter changed the game.  Best game of the season from him.  I think he has really been less skittish, disorganized in the pocket the last two games and its led to perhaps his most consistent stretch of the season. 

- Huge hats off to the O-line.  Their play in opening the way for Sermon and Goodson in the 2nd half was exactly what was needed.  That's called earning your money.    

- Gus Bradley did play a lot more man coverages than what we've seen previously.  I'd like to continue see him do it and not revert back to his comfort level with zone.  

- Only real negative IMO was Matt Gay.  The team does need him to figure it out ASAP.  He gets paid way too much to miss some of the FGs he has missed the past two weeks. 

Someone mentioned he's a new dad, and looked tired.  Players are human too, and he bounced back within the game.

• Like 1

Do you guys think McKenzie was inactive because of that botched punt last week. With how Montgomery played not sure McKenzie gets his job back. It scares me having downs return punts though.

Just now, chad72 said:

That week 18 game between Bills and Dolphins could be for AFC East division 

Just now, chad72 said:

That week 18 game between Bills and Dolphins could be for AFC East division 

I was mainly talking colts Texans.

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I was mainly talking colts Texans.

With Stroud’s concussion, and key WRs injured, I think the Texans slide. So Colts vs Texans won’t matter Week 18 like the Bills-Dolphins, that’s what I meant.

Browns, Colts, Bengals, Broncos and Bills will be there fighting till the end. Lions and Cowboys are our biggest friends this week. 

• Like 1

Hopefully Pittman is ok and colts get smith and Taylor back next week.

6 minutes ago, chad72 said:

With Stroud’s concussion, and key WRs injured, I think the Texans slide. So Colts vs Texans won’t matter Week 18 like the Bills-Dolphins, that’s what I meant.

Browns, Colts, Bengals, Broncos and Bills will be there fighting till the end. Lions and Cowboys are our biggest friends this week. 

That’s what I meant. Sorry I wasn’t more clear and say colts  Texans game. If things go right colts could clinch by beating raiders.

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Ebukam, another 49er steal.  Buck was the first.  Remember when we got buck, people didn’t think he was good enough for the 2nd we gave them.  Ebukam has been a very good signing.

happy for dayo also!  Hoping that he turns into an every down defensive end.  But that would mean less snaps for qwitty :(

23 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Really nice variety in minshews passes her. He hit from all levels.

I love what Shane has done with minshew.  When he first took over after the AR injury, he was jittery in the pocket and never looked down field.  Now, he’s done a complete 180.  Hats off to Shane for the coaching and minshew for putting in the work.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, compuls1v3 said:

He's a rookie taking his lumps.  He occasionally makes some good plays in run defense though.  Doesn't help he's missed so much time.  I feel he'll get better next year.  We'll see though.  It took Rock Ya-Sin 3 years I think.

Yeah for sure. Not meaning to be critical, but it seems like some feel that getting him back automatically improves the pass defense, and I think he's going to continue to have rough moments this year because of the way he plays. I think we can hope for improvement from him going into next season. Same for Jones, who has some of the same issues. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rock8591 said:

Kazee.jpg

Pretty much nothing about your post is correct.