Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Fleener Anyone?

ColtsPRIDE11

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone did, which is why I'm trying to understand the rationale.

wasnt me, I think we should draft Jenkins and use him as trade bait with the eagles pick up there second rounder and an additional 3rd and if we can throw Freeny in the deal maybe we can pick up there 4th

Unless the Rams take him at 33 or someone jumps in front of us or we get a trade we can't pass up this seems like a no brainer. It's one thing to get a tool for your young rookie QB, it's another thing to be able to get a tool that was your young rookie's QB go to guy in college.

Didnt the eagles just trade away a Corner? If they need one so "bad" why would they do that? The have good corners, i wouldnt put corner high on the eagles needs list

Cromarties contract is up after this season, that is the reason they are high on a CB, especially one as talented as Jenkins

I would like Fleener, but could see them going defense. I don't think we need another blocking TE - would love to have someone that can complement our excellent receivers. (I am counting on Avery returning to form).

Fleener's strength isn't in blocking, but his ability to handle and catch the football and get good yardage is great. Eldridge is good at blocking but not so great at getting the yardage that is desired now-a-days from TEs. Quite honestly, a Fleener/Eldridge combo could be quite good for us...and in my opinion, I think that Fleener could learn to block better = enter in the Colts coaching staff at this point.

I too could see them going either way,,,and the suspense and curiosity is killing me! haha!

Unless the Rams take him at 33 or someone jumps in front of us or we get a trade we can't pass up this seems like a no brainer. It's one thing to get a tool for your young rookie QB, it's another thing to be able to get a tool that was your young rookie's QB go to guy in college.

My biggest point exactly GoColts8818! While I like Glenn and Upshaw, in my mind you just can't pass Fleener up.

I assumed the Giants were going to take him, but they went with another running back which I thought was odd. Take Fleener next without question.

The Giants had me scratching my head on their choice. I was sitting there saying, "Welp, there goes Fleener" and then I was dumb founded when they took Wilson...

The Giants had me scratching my head on their choice. I was sitting there saying, "Welp, there goes Fleener" and then I was dumb founded when they took Wilson...

You and I both. Some analyst actually thought the Giants would take a RB (because of the Jacobs loss) and it turned out they were right.

I am very torn on this.

I probably will be happy with several picks coming up. We can't go wrong IMO.

I think it might be Upshaw or Fleener.

It does make me wonder though why Harbaugh did not pick Fleener. Unless he is doing his boy Luck a favor. ;)

I can't make my mind up.

We'll have Fleener... the rams will take Glenn at 31 and then take the best WR available with they're next pick which is 36 I believe. That would leave Fleener and Upshaw as BPA and Fleener fills a need while Upshaw would be a luxury pick with what we have at OLB. We made alot of pick ups at OLB from the CFL and etc. We have nothing at TE, we need Fleener and it's an added bonus with the chemistry. It would be an instant great pick, expectations for Luck would instantly go up even with the analyst. They keep saying he has nothing around him and RGIII has the better cast, I believe that would change everything. We are gonna pick up another WR at some point in this draft (#WR?) and if Luck had Wayne, Avery, Collie, #WR?, and Fleener to go to I think the argument of a better offensive cast for RGIII than Luck would cease to exist.

You and I both. Some analyst actually thought the Giants would take a RB (because of the Jacobs loss) and it turned out they were right.

That to me was the strangest pick of the draft. I'm all for it because it very well means we get Fleener whom I have hoped for all along...

I am very torn on this.

I probably will be happy with several picks coming up. We can't go wrong IMO.

I think it might be Upshaw or Fleener.

It does make me wonder though why Harbaugh did not pick Fleener. Unless he is doing his boy Luck a favor. ;)

I can't make my mind up.

He didnt pick him and the Giants didnt either because hes overrated

no no no no if we draft Fleener Im flying to Indy and setting myself on fire infront of Lucas Oil Stadium

Too bad I'm all out of marshmallows... You need to look on the bright side for once Jay I have seen nothing, but negativity from you.

I do like Fleener and would be fine getting him.

But, at the same time how does Pagano turn down say....Upshaw being the defensive man he is?

This isn't Polian calling the shots to give Peyton a bunch of toys he does not need before our defense gets raped by a balanced team.

He didnt pick him and the Giants didnt either because hes overrated

If it wasn't for the Luck/Fleener connection we would not be into Fleener.

It's a tough one. Since the connection is there.

At the same time Luck can build connections with others. And it would help him just as much to have a defense that can make stops.

If it wasn't for the Luck/Fleener connection we would not be into Fleener.

It's a tough one. Since the connection is there.

At the same time Luck can build connections with others. And it would help him just as much to have a defense that can make stops.

It's the connection, the size, the agility and atheleticism, the potential... ...

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think it happens often that a QB's favorite receiver on the College level also ends up being the go-to guy in the Pros..??? I remember Peyton's favorite in College being Peerless Price, but he had no trouble building one of the greatest QB/Receiver matchup with himself and Marvin in the Pros. Luck will have chemistry with someone on the team, and having said that I still think Fleener would be great to have.

I agree.

But at the same time everyone is obsessed with the TEs of the Pats and Saints. How many titles have they won with those TEs?

well, considering Gronk was a rookie last year, and Graham has played only two years, they havent had alot of opportunity. But it is a certainty that Gronk was a HUGE part of the Pats getting to the Super Bowl last year

Listen Fleener is like Dallas Clark more of a in the slot TE hes not the Inline TE that we need to help with the running agame etc. We can get a TE next year or later on in the draft. You all have this obession with Fleener because of Luck. Fleener wasnt even the best TE at Stanford.

well, considering Gronk was a rookie last year, and Graham has played only two years, they havent had alot of opportunity. But it is a certainty that Gronk was a HUGE part of the Pats getting to the Super Bowl last year

Fleener is no where near those two though even with Luck at QB

Colts really can't go wrong either way with Glenn, Fleener or Upshaw or even taking a good WR. My head says take Glenn if he is available because our O-line could use a mauler for the run game and he would put a nice finishing touch on that unit. Also building up the line protects our first round investment. It's probably a boring pick though to most people.

I can see the Luck/Fleener connection and won't be upset if it happens but I think that there is still good value at TE that can be found later. Luck could make one of these guys look as good as he helped make Fleener look in my opinion. But if we take him, I won't be upset about it.

Upshaw wouldn't make much sense unless we move Freeney. If we took him then we would pretty much know what is up with that.

Stephen Hill could be available if the Rams don't take him, but WR depth is pretty good in this draft as well and talent will still be available later.

Listen Fleener is like Dallas Clark more of a in the slot TE hes not the Inline TE that we need to help with the running agame etc. We can get a TE next year or later on in the draft. You all have this obession with Fleener because of Luck. Fleener wasnt even the best TE at Stanford.

How can you say he wasnt the best TE for stanford? He had 10 tds last year, and 7 the year before. What other TE was better than that?