Fleener Anyone?

ColtsPRIDE11

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1st round value or not

Do you want a TE that's potentially better than Clark was? Do you want a Gronk?

That is the real question.

Im thinking the Rams take Glenn :( , it would fill a obvious hole for them.

So would you rather have Suggs(Upshaw)or Gronk(Fleener)?

You can't compare Gronkowski and Fleener. Fleener didn't dominate with Andrew throwing to him.

here is my list as far as selecting in the 2nd round

1-Jenkins (we can use him as trade bait even)

2.Glenn (nasty run blocker and can protect Luck as well)

3.Upshaw good pass rusher and run stuffer brings size and heavy hitting to the line can play multiple positions as well as could make Freeny expendable in a trade or release

4.Hill-raw but am instant deep threat with size

Yes, true. The play does call you to go to a certain position. But, we all know any QB in the league has a "favorite" to throw too. Luck and Fleener have the relationship they build at Stanford. Luck is familiar with Fleener. He knows his ticks, he knows his style, he knows his abilities, and he has confidence in Fleener.

I also recognize and know that Andrew is good enough that he will become comfortable with players like Collie and Wayne, but I also think there is value in his knowledge of Fleener.

John Gruden made some great points concerning Fleenor and Luck and the importance of familiarity. Even within the new Arians system, they will have plays called Stanford just for Fleenor.....to rub off and go on an obvious blitz.. May see a TD or two with the middle open....I'm just sayin!

That is the question isn't it...truth be told I would LOVE to have both of them. But, at this point I would jump at the chance of a Gronk (Fleener in this case). I do wonder though, with Pagano if Glenn is available at #34 if we don't go ahead with him...

This was my point too. I was thinking Upshaw.....I also saw Allen on the board still and I said "Brody Eldrige is it?" Then I said we will soon have 2 TEs.

This was my point too. I was thinking Upshaw.....I also saw Allen on the board still and I said "Brody Eldrige is it?" Then I said we will soon have 2 TEs.

Good call Brent! You were quite right! I still wish that we could have gotten Glenn, but we can't get everything we want...