Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

J. Taylor Contract


dw49

Recommended Posts

Being one of the posters that thought he was deserving , I have an answer to those that didn't.  He deserved the contract as he's very good at football. Yes Moss gained similar yardage but Taylor gained his yardage with no running room. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, husker61 said:

Is it so hard to say what you mean? I have no idea what that means!

 

Ok... here ya go. The post I answered inferred that Moss was closed to Taylor as a RB. I said comparng Moss to Taylor is like comparing a brain surgeon to a blacksmith >.That would mean that in my opinion Taylor is much more skilled than Moss. i

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, dw49 said:

 

Ok... here ya go. The post I answered stated inferred that Moss was closed to Taylor as a RB. I said comparng Moss to Taylor is like comparing a brain surgeon to a blacksmith >.That would mean that in my opinion Taylor is much more skilled than Moss. i


ridiculous comparison! Nether could do the others job, they are both skilled, just in a different field.

1 minute ago, dw49 said:

 

Your opinion they both played the same. 


yes!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, husker61 said:


he will get payed by someone.

 

im sure he won’t be over payed like Taylor was though. Irsay is really good at that!

 

In your opinion how much will the guy Buffalo traded for a kick off returner get paid ? I'll write this page # down and we will revisit it when Moss is signed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, dw49 said:

 

In your opinion how much will the guy Buffalo traded for a kick off returner get paid ? I'll write this page # down and we will revisit it when Moss is signed.


lol!

 

I guess you think Brock Purdy will only get last player picked in the draft money according to your thinking. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, dw49 said:

 

Ok... here ya go. The post I answered inferred that Moss was closed to Taylor as a RB. I said comparng Moss to Taylor is like comparing a brain surgeon to a blacksmith >.That would mean that in my opinion Taylor is much more skilled than Moss. i

 

1 hour ago, dw49 said:

 

Yep and his runs were insane today. Most of them were all JT.

JT had 15 carries for 91 yards. 6.1 ypc. 
Moss had 8 carries for 55 yards. 6.9 ypc. 
 

Before today Moss was STILL top 10 in rushing yards despite only getting a combined 8 carries the last two weeks. 
 

I think what you’re saying is an insult to Moss and what he’s brought to the team this year while JT was out. 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

 

JT had 15 carries for 91 yards. 6.1 ypc. 
Moss had 8 carries for 55 yards. 6.9 ypc. 
 

Before today Moss was STILL top 10 in rushing yards despite only getting a combined 8 carries the last two weeks. 
 

I think what you’re saying is an insult to Moss and what he’s brought to the team this year while JT was out. 

When taylor is at his best he is much better than moss

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Stephen said:

When taylor is at his best he is much better than moss

That’s an opinion I guess. I disagree, and have given my opinion. 
 

JT is better than Moss I’m not disagreeing with that. But he’s not anywhere near so much better that it warrents giving him $12m more than Moss. 
 

I know we’re never going to agree with that and I’m fine with it. Moss’ play has proven my point all season that’s more than enough for me. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

 

JT had 15 carries for 91 yards. 6.1 ypc. 
Moss had 8 carries for 55 yards. 6.9 ypc. 
 

Before today Moss was STILL top 10 in rushing yards despite only getting a combined 8 carries the last two weeks. 
 

I think what you’re saying is an insult to Moss and what he’s brought to the team this year while JT was out. 

JT is the better back.   It doesn't mean Moss sucks.  JT need more carries 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

That’s an opinion I guess. I disagree, and have given my opinion. 
 

JT is better than Moss I’m not disagreeing with that. But he’s not anywhere near so much better that it warrents giving him $12m more than Moss. 
 

I know we’re never going to agree with that and I’m fine with it. Moss’ play has proven my point all season that’s more than enough for me. 


JT isn’t an all purpose back in the same realm as CMC. It’s not like he’s a threat to hit a home run or get chunks of 20-30 yards every time he touches the ball. Henry got 4 years $50 million, right? I presume he’s another run heavy, not a major APB, similar to Taylor. So for 3 years, Ballard could probably play a little higher average.

 

So, I totally get where you’re coming from. Moss will probably get an Ekeler like 4 year $20-24 million contract when he’s a FA, IMO. JT had less leverage with us, but yet, sometimes I feel we value our own too much. Just watch Pittman get a 4 year $90 mil contract next year, lol :) 

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Superman said:

I personally never argued that JT didn't deserve his contract. 

 

But the discussion was never about whether JT was better than Zach Moss. 

 

I would hope not and that was not the point of my thread. Anyone that thinks that will only aggravate you in a discussion as it's pretty lame.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, dw49 said:

 

I would hope not and that was not the point of my thread. Anyone that thinks that will only aggravate you in a discussion as it's pretty lame.

 

 

I probably missed the point then. Either way it doesn't seem like it was meant for me, so it's all good. 

 

JT definitely had a good game. That last run before the second TD was pretty special. I'm hoping to see some 2021 type magic from him down the stretch. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Superman said:

 

I probably missed the point then. Either way it doesn't seem like it was meant for me, so it's all good. 

 

JT definitely had a good game. That last run before the second TD was pretty special. I'm hoping to see some 2021 type magic from him down the stretch. 

 

My point was that Taylor was worth the money. I did mention Moss , so I understand your post. I wasn't knocking Moss , just trying to point out that Taylor's runs were special . Would you agree that teams will play the run a little more with Taylor in the game ?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Solid84 said:

That’s an opinion I guess. I disagree, and have given my opinion. 
 

JT is better than Moss I’m not disagreeing with that. But he’s not anywhere near so much better that it warrents giving him $12m more than Moss. 
 

I know we’re never going to agree with that and I’m fine with it. Moss’ play has proven my point all season that’s more than enough for me. 


Sorry, you lost me.   JT is now getting $14m per.    You think he’s going to get $12m per MORE than Moss?    Moss is going to get much more than $2m per.   He’ll get offered more by the Colts, and possibly more from other teams in FA.  
 

One way or another, Moss will get PAID this off-season.   He deserves it.  
 

Have I somehow misunderstood your meaning?    

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:


Sorry, you lost me.   JT is now getting $14m per.    You think he’s going to get $12m per MORE than Moss?    Moss is going to get much more than $2m per.   He’ll get offered more by the Colts, and possibly more from other teams in FA.  
 

One way or another, Moss will get PAID this off-season.   He deserves it.  
 

Have I somehow misunderstood your meaning?    

 

I would expect Moss to end up with a 2 year deal for around 11mill. What's your thinking ?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Solid84 said:

That’s an opinion I guess. I disagree, and have given my opinion. 
 

JT is better than Moss I’m not disagreeing with that. But he’s not anywhere near so much better that it warrents giving him $12m more than Moss. 
 

I know we’re never going to agree with that and I’m fine with it. Moss’ play has proven my point all season that’s more than enough for me. 

Yeah but you are comparing Taylor’s second deal to Moss’s rookie deal in terms of the pay gap.  That’s not exactly fair.  Moss’s second contract isn’t going to be as big as Taylor’s but it’s going to be closer than 12 million apart.  I get it you were fine with keeping Moss and just paying him.  That’s a fine opinion to have but the Colts made another decision so rather you or me or anyone else agrees with it doesn’t really matter at this point.  The Colts choose to pay Taylor so clearly they felt he brings something that they can’t get from Moss or they wouldn’t have paid him.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, dw49 said:

 

I would expect Moss to end up with a 2 year deal for around 11mill. What's your thinking ?

 


I think that’s about right.   I think Moss will get roughly 2 years for $10-11 mill total.   But I think to sign with the Colts,  that number would be a bit of a hometown discount.   
 

Because if Moss doesn’t sign with the Colts in Jan or Feb to that number then he may end up signing with another team who may value Moss even more and sign him to an even bigger deal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, chad72 said:

 

Moss will probably get an Ekeler like 4 year $20-24 million contract when he’s a FA, IMO. JT had less leverage with us, but yet, sometimes I feel we value our own too much. Just watch Pittman get a 4 year $90 mil contract next year, lol :) 


yes, the owner always overpays.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, husker61 said:


yes, the owner always overpays.


There’s very good reason the owner overpays.    Both Irsay and Ballard have been very open about this.   Indianapolis is just not a destination location for the vast majority of free agents.   So if the Colts are not going to attract those players then the Colts have to keep the best players they get.   Show them that if they play hard the Colts will reward them.   It’s been the plan since 2017. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Ridiculous thread arguing Moss vs. Taylor. You guys are running out of material. 


Did you actually READ the thread?   No one is debating one vs the other.  No one is saying Moss is as good as Taylor.  They’re discussing the relative value of each.   Thats all. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...