Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Playoff Chances Improve…

NewColtsFan

2 hours ago, RollerColt said:

Every fan base has people like that. Including all sports. It’s a pretty common thing honestly. 

If you were to ask Bears and Falcons fans if their Super Bowl loss seasons were successful, you’d probably get a lot of grumbling. 

I don’t think it’s about winning the SB or bust. The most important thing to me is watching good football. I’d rather go 0-17 having played some really good football than go 17-0 having had a “Steelers season” stumbling and bumbling our way to one ugly win after another. 

Making the playoffs does not equal the Colts playing good football. We’ve played some ugly football for a couple of weeks now and if we keep that up I’d rather we don’t get in. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Though those injuries help with colts seemingly contention for the playoffs for now, they actually Blow the Door wide open for the Steelers......despite their offense being nearly as "offensive" as Zack Wilson and the Jets O. 

We still play the Steelers luckily so we can make up ground on them. I hope the Browns beat them tomorrow. 

19 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Though those injuries help with colts seemingly contention for the playoffs for now, they actually Blow the Door wide open for the Steelers......despite their offense being nearly as "offensive" as Zack Wilson and the Jets O. 

Steelers can basically just stand to the corner and allow the other 5-5 teams to kill each other. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We still play the Steelers luckily so we can make up ground on them. I hope the Browns beat them tomorrow. 

Just top of my head I think the Steelers have beaten the colts like 90% of the time..... and that included  QBs like Jones & Manning. I'm not betting that Minshew reverses the trend. LoL

As far as the brownies playing them tomorrow, I plan on making a sizeable bet on the Steelers moneyline......but the close line does raise a red flag to me. And its not like it's the last game of the season and its a do or die game for the Steelers..... There are plenty of weeks left.  :thinking:

But still I'm going with Pittsburgh but haven't decided on  how much to bet. 

FWIW, I doubt the QBs dropping like flies in their division (Watson,Burrows) is meant for outside division teams to benefit, like the colts, over the Steelers, an organizational favourite of the football gods. 

I just hope Lamar Jackson doesn't go down as well.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Just top of my head I think the Steelers have beaten the colts like 90% of the time..... and that included  QBs like Jones & Manning. I'm not betting that Minshew reverses the trend. LoL

As far as the brownies playing them tomorrow, I plan on making a sizeable bet on the Steelers moneyline......but the close line does raise a red flag to me. And its not like it's the last game of the season and its a do or die game for the Steelers..... There are plenty of weeks left.  :thinking:

But still I'm going with Pittsburgh but haven't decided on  how much to bet. 

FWIW, I doubt the QBs dropping like flies in their division (Watson,Burrows) is meant for outside division teams to benefit, like the colts, over the Steelers, an organizational favourite of the football gods. 

I just hope Lamar Jackson doesn't go down as well.

I am staying away from that game betting wise. Browns are starting a rookie is why. Having said that, the Browns are at home and have a great defense. That will be an interesting game because Pitt's offense is pretty average.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am staying away from that game betting wise. Browns are starting a rookie is why. Having said that, the Browns are at home and have a great defense. That will be an interesting game because Pitt's offense is pretty average.

If Pitt's offense improves ten fold I still don't think it improves enough to be average. haha

But still expecting a win over the brownies.

• Like 1

I'm not thinking playoffs yet.  One of the biggest obstacles is the Steelers. The only advantage is that the game is in Indy, but that might not even matter. Somehow the Steelers could find a sneaky way to win. 

The only bet I made this week was Mark Andrews getting over 57 yards on Thursday. Look how that turned out. :( I doubt that I'll bet anything else this week. 

I begin each season thinking this is the season our gm has finally put together a roster that could at least win our division. I see flashes of being great from ballards roster, then in the same game they look like high schoolers. now our division is going to be the power of the nfl with the crop of young qbs  each team has drafted. we need some more elite talent to compete with them. I would like to see a big time wr for our offense and a dominating pass rusher for our defense. Those two pieces could make a big difference in our game. I dont like our soft coverage on defense but an elite pass rusher may enable our corners to not play so far off. I am looking forward to some exciting games in our division. A lot of things can happen in football and we  could still make a run for it this season.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, teganslaw said:

I'm not thinking playoffs yet.  One of the biggest obstacles is the Steelers. The only advantage is that the game is in Indy, but that might not even matter. Somehow the Steelers could find a sneaky way to win. 

The only bet I made this week was Mark Andrews getting over 57 yards on Thursday. Look how that turned out. :( I doubt that I'll bet anything else this week. 

Yeah that is another injury I didn't even mention. Ravens losing Andrews isn't good.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If we pick mid first round say 15-19th or so. There are 2 WRs that have stood out to me that should be there when we pick. That is Rome Odunze and Malik Nabers. Both would be fantastic additions. Marvin will go top 5 IMO, we aren't getting him.

the harrison name wont make him great. he still has to do it in the nfl.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

I begin each season thinking this is the season our gm has finally put together a roster that could at least win our division. I see flashes of being great from ballards roster, then in the same game they look like high schoolers. now our division is going to be the power of the nfl with the crop of young qbs  each team has drafted. we need some more elite talent to compete with them. I would like to see a big time wr for our offense and a dominating pass rusher for our defense. Those two pieces could make a big difference in our game. I dont like our soft coverage on defense but an elite pass rusher may enable our corners to not play so far off. I am looking forward to some exciting games in our division. A lot of things can happen in football and we  could still make a run for it this season.

This years WR crop coming out is great. I mentioned guys like Odunze and Nabers, no not Jim Nabers lmao but if he can play in the NFL like Jim could sing, he will turn out great. 

Stroud looks scary good and Lawrence is already legit good. We have our work cut out for us.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

I would like to see a 2 back set used with our 2 elite rbs , coach should be able to find a way to get our most dangerous weapons on the field at the same time and really be a force for our offense to help our qb.

agreed. I want to see some more sets with Moss at FB or some weird gadjet stuff with both 

imagine Richardson, Moss, Taylor all in the backfield together! lol

• Like 2

3 hours ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

Except you’re missing what happens when the franchise QB actually plays. It’s amazing how both sides of the ball look better with when the franchise guy is out there. Because complimentary football is usually on display.

23 hours ago, Myles said:

I agree to a point.   i think more rests on the game plan and coaching.  When Taylor had a huge first half against the Saints, he only had 1 carry in the second half (the first play).  

They couldn’t run against the Saints when they used Moss. Plus they got behind as well. It looked like Hines down the middle several times.

You’re giving only part of the picture probably to make your one sided point about Steichen when it was our D that gave up 38 points in a row, 2 games in a row at home.

Teams’ game plans to put it in the hands of Minshew will be expected by putting more in the box. So getting ahead and staying ahead is the way for us to win games, thus relying on our D to stay ahead. So Minshew will be the primary reason our running game sees daylight more.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, chad72 said:

They couldn’t run against the Saints when they used Moss. Plus they got behind as well. It looked like Hines down the middle several times.

You’re giving only part of the picture probably to make your one sided point about Steichen when it was our D that gave up 38 points in a row, 2 games in a row at home.

Teams’ game plans to put it in the hands of Minshew will be expected by putting more in the box. So getting ahead and staying ahead is the way for us to win games, thus relying on our D to stay ahead. So Minshew will be the primary reason our running game sees daylight more.

I went back and watched the browns highlights today. Minshew if you take away the turnovers had crisp quick on the money  passes to keep the chains moving. I hope he can get back to that. Even last week he had a 30 yard pass to McKenzie and that opened the run game up that first drive. Has to be more consistent. More crossers and getting WR in space would help.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Running Taylor only the first play of the second half and then not again was a mistake.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If we pick mid first round say 15-19th or so. There are 2 WRs that have stood out to me that should be there when we pick. That is Rome Odunze and Malik Nabers. Both would be fantastic additions. Marvin will go top 5 IMO, we aren't getting him.

Nabers hands are nice

Played around with the playoff prediction graph NY Times posted. Looks like the Colts need to go 5-2 to probably make the playoffs.  I basically kept the Steelers game as a loss the entire time bc I don’t see how we can beat them with Minshew’s pocket woes. Looked like a 50% chance at 9-8 if the other two losses are against the NFC teams. I don’t see this happening bc that would be 7-2 to end the season. That is a lot to ask. Still, I hope we can rattle off 3 more wins in a row and play meaningful football in December. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yep. I also don't think in most scenarios that MHJ will be that much better than either of them, if at all. We can probably get just as good of a receiver in Odunze and Nabers without trading up.

• Like 1

If we are to make the playoffs, we are going to have to start using Moss a lot more to keep Taylor fresh. Also need to get the TEs involved as Pierce is garbage at this point and just isn't it. Use the TE's to help block and catch the ball. Some Jet Sweeps would be nice as well to be creative. As far as defense, be more aggressive! This secondary as it is won't be able to hold for over 5 seconds every play. Put pressure on the QB! We probably got our bye week at a good time to get healthy though. I think we have <50% chance of making the playoffs, but it is something.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Yep. I also don't think in most scenarios that MHJ will be that much better than either of them, if at all. We can probably get just as good of a receiver in Odunze and Nabers without trading up.

I just wish no other team would be dumb enough AGAIN to trade with the Bears for the No.1 pick giving them a ransom. Call the Bears bluff if they haven’t made a move on Fields. Force them to take MHJ and then let the show begin :) 

There’s no way Frank and the Panthers GM survive after this year.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I just wish no other team would be dumb enough AGAIN to trade with the Bears for the No.1 pick giving them a ransom. Call the Bears bluff if they haven’t made a move on Fields. Force them to take MHJ and then let the show begin :) 

There’s no way Frank and the Panthers GM survive after this year.

Pretty sure if they do stay with fields that’s exactly what they would do. I don’t know if anyone saw tonight but Williams refused to do a presser after the USC loss. Seems his stock is dropping and he has some growing up to do.

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Pretty sure if they do stay with fields that’s exactly what they would do. I don’t know if anyone saw tonight but Williams refused to do a presser after the USC loss. Seems his stock is dropping and he has some growing up to do.

1 or 2 games is not going to make him drop. 

26 minutes ago, chad72 said:

1 or 2 games is not going to make him drop. 

I wasn’t talking about losing the game. It’s his maturity and refusing a press conference then a couple weeks ago crying in mommies arms. He seems to be mentally weak. Not sure he is strong enough to handle the nfl grind. There are tons of red flags with this kid.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I wasn’t talking about losing the game. It’s his maturity and refusing a press conference then a couple weeks ago crying in mommies arms. He seems to be mentally weak. Not sure he is strong enough to handle the nfl grind. There are tons of red flags with this kid.

I’m seeing some concerns too. Possibly refusing to play for some teams, skipping pressers and losing 5 of 6 last games.  No idea if it will make him drop or not bc he definitely is talented. Still, not sure he is a generational prospect like a lot claim him to be. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, AwesomeAustin said:

I’m seeing some concerns too. Possibly refusing to play for some teams, skipping pressers and losing 5 of 6 last games.  No idea if it will make him drop or not bc he definitely is talented. Still, not sure he is a generational prospect like a lot claim him to be. 

A couple weeks ago, I was thinking Caleb Williams was a bust. To add to what you said, he does poorly Vs college defenses that are good for the most part. I'll also add he wants partial ownership of the team who drafts him. I think at the very least, he won't be the first QB off the board. At the worst, he could have a fall outside the first round if his interviews are terrible along with his college performances this year.

23 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

A couple weeks ago, I was thinking Caleb Williams was a bust. To add to what you said, he does poorly Vs college defenses that are good for the most part. I'll also add he wants partial ownership of the team who drafts him. I think at the very least, he won't be the first QB off the board. At the worst, he could have a fall outside the first round if his interviews are terrible along with his college performances this year.

It’s been explained several times, Caleb and his people aren’t getting any ownership.   It’s illegal.   Not allowed.   

If it was legal, wouldn’t Pat Mahomes have gotten that from the Chiefs by now?   

As to everything else, we’ll eventually see if this disappointing season impacts his draft position.   Williams will be scrutinized heavily. 

15 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

It’s been explained several times, Caleb and his people aren’t getting any ownership.   It’s illegal.   Not allowed.   

If it was legal, wouldn’t Pat Mahomes have gotten that from the Chiefs by now?   

As to everything else, we’ll eventually see if this disappointing season impacts his draft position.   Williams will be scrutinized heavily. 

Sorry. I forgot about the Tom Brady ownership thing if he came back and played. TBH though, I don't know if he actually has ownership in the Raiders or not. Didn't know if it officially happened. 

I don't think Pat Mahomes would have necessarily got that by now. He's probably the best QB today, but he's not the best of all-time or anything, A better example would have been Brady getting ownership of the Pats or Peyton getting ownership of the Colts. I've never even heard anything about Mahomes wanting ownership of the Chiefs (maybe he has). 

1 hour ago, AwesomeAustin said:

Great thing about it is we would be excused of their "not gonna play for your team" drama, if he's not gonna be treated like the greatest ever

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Not sure if you're talking about the Vikings or Colts, but I agree either way.

Any team... Even the Bears. lmao

Don't wanna see that kind of attitude from a college player.

Lamar showed Similar attitude since he was drafted last on day 1 and again when his rookie contract was coming to an end, and I can agree to that because he proved something in the NFL and made a big deal about it. I could love that attitude. 

Basically, Walk before you Talk.

If all we hear is too much noise, like we heard from Williams' camp (father?), even before the college football season started, a year before the NFL draft, then Williams will have to do some Big Time Walking for all the Talk! 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Sorry. I forgot about the Tom Brady ownership thing if he came back and played. TBH though, I don't know if he actually has ownership in the Raiders or not. Didn't know if it officially happened. 

I don't think Pat Mahomes would have necessarily got that by now. He's probably the best QB today, but he's not the best of all-time or anything, A better example would have been Brady getting ownership of the Pats or Peyton getting ownership of the Colts. I've never even heard anything about Mahomes wanting ownership of the Chiefs (maybe he has). 

I doubt Mahomes has asked.   He appears not to be driven by money.   When he signed his second contract he got ripped by other agents as taking too friendly a team deal.  Agents said they’d get fired by their clients if they negotiated a similar deal for them.   Way way too team friendly. 

Mahomes seems most interested in helping his own team win.   He’s sacrificing short term dollars for long term success.  Impressive young man. 

• Like 3