Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Preview Colts vs Patriots plus injury reports

Restinpeacesweetchloe

Just now, RollerColt said:

I'm up at 5 am every day regardless if it's weekend or not. 

i gotta wake up at 5am for clinicals on tuesdays,. but i have evening classes mon and weds, so i sleep in until noon whenever i have the chance! lol

• Like 1

Just now, ColtsGermany said:

its awesome you get to see a game this year. 

idk what the stadium is like over there, but Lucas Oil is amazing, especially the first time you get to the banister and see the whole field and all the seats. 

if you ever get the chance to come to indy, you gotta take it ! 

happy for you to get to watch

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ColtsGermany said:

So excited for the game. Thanks to @coltsleafs I have a ticket for the game. We are traveling to Frankfurt tomorrow morning (well, the "travel" is abou 1 hour and 20 minute)

Hope the weather isn't too bad tomorrow, as there's a lot going on throughout the city regarding the NFL. 

A friend tried to get in the colts home pub in Frankfurt, but it was already too crowded. Edge was there to sign autographs...... 

Oh, and Jim btw, toohaha

I’m excited for you.  You’re going to have a great time.  Try to get close to the field for warmups.  You will not believe how huge Q is.  I did that when they went to Buffalo.  I couldn’t believe how big he was.  Have fun.  Get us a win.

6 minutes ago, ColtsGermany said:

So excited for the game. Thanks to @coltsleafs I have a ticket for the game. We are traveling to Frankfurt tomorrow morning (well, the "travel" is abou 1 hour and 20 minute)

Hope the weather isn't too bad tomorrow, as there's a lot going on throughout the city regarding the NFL. 

A friend tried to get in the colts home pub in Frankfurt, but it was already too crowded. Edge was there to sign autographs...... 

Oh, and Jim btw, toohaha

Started my 4 hour drive to Toronto Airport. Fly throughout the night. Can't wait to experience NFL in Frankfurt. See you soon.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I am up by 815. Will  get ready for the day and be ready to watch at 930.

Sunday….   I’ll be up at 6a for the pregame and then a 630a kickoff.  People who know me well will tell you it’s incredibly rare for me to be up at that hour!    

• Like 3

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1723077076323123430

The #Patriots added CB Jack Jones (knee) and ST Matthew Slater (ankle) to the injury report. They’re both questionable.

Nine questionable:

DL Christian Barmore, Knee

LB Ja'Whaun Bentley, Hamstring

CB Myles Bryant, Chest

WR Demario Douglas, Ankle

CB Jack Jones, Knee

CB Jonathan Jones, Knee

WR Matthew Slater, Ankle

OL Vederian Lowe, Ankle

DL Deatrich Wise, Shoulder

• Like 2

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2023/11/10/23954281/colts-matchups-to-watch-week-10-patriots

Colts’ Matchups to Watch: Week 10 @Patriots

Colts’ IOL vs. Christian Barmore

Christian Barmore is the Patriots’ most important defensive linemen, with 12 run stops and 24 total pressures. There are not many other players on that front that can hurt you, so the Colts’ interior offensive line will have to be extra careful with Barmore. Kelly and Nelson have been spectacular so far, but it is Will Fries who has been the pleasant surprise this season so far. The trio have allowed only 31 combined pressures on over 1.000 pass blocking snaps...

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Sunday….   I’ll be up at 6a for the pregame and then a 630a kickoff.  People who know me well will tell you it’s incredibly rare for me to be up at that hour!    

I'm a big Michigan fan. Can't wait for the Penn State game tomorrow. I can't figure out why all these marquee college games have a 12pm EST starting time.

Sunday at 9:30 est start for Colts won't be an issue for me.

45 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1723077076323123430

The #Patriots added CB Jack Jones (knee) and ST Matthew Slater (ankle) to the injury report. They’re both questionable.

Nine questionable:

DL Christian Barmore, Knee

LB Ja'Whaun Bentley, Hamstring

CB Myles Bryant, Chest

WR Demario Douglas, Ankle

CB Jack Jones, Knee

CB Jonathan Jones, Knee

WR Matthew Slater, Ankle

OL Vederian Lowe, Ankle

DL Deatrich Wise, Shoulder

I think questionable is injury report jargon for they will play.

https://1075thefan.com/152093/colts-notebook-bernhard-raimann-heading-back-to-europe-this-week/

...The Patriots (2-6) are not good. They have the worst record in the AFC, are 31st in points scored and Bill Belichick admitted this week how challenging this season has been. Belichick was even asked earlier this week if he feels like he’s coaching for his job with this Sunday’s game in Germany. One area they are good in though is stopping the run (3.48 yards per carry allowed, which ranks 2nd in the NFL). If that shows up in Germany, could it create a slow day for the Colts offense?...

2 hours ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

I'm a big Michigan fan. Can't wait for the Penn State game tomorrow. I can't figure out why all these marquee college games have a 12pm EST starting time.

Sunday at 9:30 est start for Colts won't be an issue for me.

That’s the advantage you have living on the east coast where most games are roughly 1p and 4p.   

Out West, most games are 10a and 1p.   Most of my relatives who have moved from the east coast to the west say they I refer 1 and 4.   Feels more normal to them.   10a and 1p feels strange to them.   

Go figure…..  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1959Colts said:

https://1075thefan.com/152093/colts-notebook-bernhard-raimann-heading-back-to-europe-this-week/

...The Patriots (2-6) are not good. They have the worst record in the AFC, are 31st in points scored and Bill Belichick admitted this week how challenging this season has been. Belichick was even asked earlier this week if he feels like he’s coaching for his job with this Sunday’s game in Germany. One area they are good in though is stopping the run (3.48 yards per carry allowed, which ranks 2nd in the NFL). If that shows up in Germany, could it create a slow day for the Colts offense?...

Yeah Gardner I’d going to have to pass better. We better hope at least Pierce plays. Steichen I’d going to have to be creative with the fun game. I wish we would use those design runs again with Minshew. Browns were not expecting thst. I think if he would put Zach and Taylor on the field at same time maybe that could help the run game.

• Like 1

If the Colts can be better at the "self-inflicted injuries" - and - our defense plays as well as they did last Sunday - I think we can STOMP the Patriots offense.

If Shane Steichen comes up with a creative game plan and we avoid penalties & turnovers - I think the Colts can POUNT THE PATRIOTS defense!!

36 minutes ago, sb41champs said:

If the Colts can be better at the "self-inflicted injuries" - and - our defense plays as well as they did last Sunday - I think we can STOMP the Patriots offense.

If Shane Steichen comes up with a creative game plan and we avoid penalties & turnovers - I think the Colts can POUNT THE PATRIOTS defense!!

Yes!  “Pount” the Patriots!  :td:

This is one of those games where both teams will try hard IMO. If the rumors about Belichick possibly being fired are true, then the Colts will want to be the ones responsible for his demise. Likewise, the Pats and Belichick don't want to lose to the Colts, and it'd be embarrassing in their eyes if the Colts got Belichick fired in the end after they owned us for all these years.

I think it'll be a fairly uneventful game, with good defensive play on both sides. In the end, with Braden Smith back, I think the Colts do just enough to squeeze out a victory. This will be seen on national TV, and the Pats lose to the Colts and they have to make a difficult decision.

Colts 24

Pats 21