Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jonathan Taylor comments on his contract/Request trade (Merge)

GoColts8818

4 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I expect him to rot on the sideline all season. Probably next season too. 

If he's on PUP all season, it tolls his season accrual, which means even longer before he's an UFA.

Just now, 1959Colts said:

Has he even been medically examined?

I believe so by Colts medical staff, which is how we were able to place him on the PUP list to begin with.

1 minute ago, Shive said:

I believe so by Colts medical staff, which is how we were able to place him on the PUP list to begin with.

Right, but that was quite a while back. One would think he should have had another follow-up, before the date of the mandatory 4 games

Just now, luv_pony_express said:

Seriously?

yes. It seems like a big farce to me

The Colts are playing hardball with Taylor and his agent. Paying Taylor 4 mil $ and leaving him on the PUP is peanuts. Sad, because I think if this had be handled in a less confrontational way, Taylor would have been extended at, or slightly above, market value. Now, the gloves have come off.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Let’s pretend he is still hurt. It was a dumb lone for his agent to think he could be traded or extended while still injured. He would of been better off getting healthy and proving he was healthy first. Then colts could of traded him or extended him.  

Thus endeth the lesson.

• Like 1

Now.... I want some answers on the "Injury" like Superman said.....among others.... THAT is the real story here.  Dude had a routine scope to clean up tissue....in JANUARY..... did he get a staff infection?

What in the world is still up with it, and if anything.... Does that explain the sudden change of heart by JT realizing, uh oh....something's not good I gotta get paid NOW!?! ??....

If not for this injury, I doubt we are having this soap opera AT ALL.  It makes sense, the team can't just come out and spout off about his medical info even if they wanted to, unless he is ok with it... And it explains JT staying around the team, traveling with the team (other than avoiding fines) and explains JT never substantiating the claims that he was "Done being a Colt no matter what"..... at e He didn't say anything cause he's got a bizarre complication....and he wouldn't let the team say anything about it either, because he wants his value kept up?  

I'm assuming JT could keep other teams from releasing his health info as well if he wanted....but they could just announce that he "failed a physical" without violating HIPPA.....

I dunno.....but some things just don't add up even remotely close.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Let’s pretend he is still hurt. It was a dumb lone for his agent to think he could be traded or extended while still injured. He would of been better off getting healthy and proving he was healthy first. Then colts could of traded him or extended him.  

Have.  

Also, Maybe his agent knows other teams were smart enough to see through any injury charade.... Have you ever considered that that might be the case, rather than the admittedly tempting to ponder thought that he's a complete *?

5 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

If JT was really injured he should not of requested a trade. Saying your injured and requesting a trade at the same time was so stupid.

I think you've firmly established your position on this in all of our minds.  I haven't seen anyone disagree with you.

Just now, #12. said:

Like so many things from recent years - Luck's injury and retirement, Chuck staying an extra year, Saturday as a head coach - none of this makes any sense.

I disagree. It sets the tone for the outcome of future histrionics by a player or an agent. If you want to play hardball, your opponent will play hardball, too.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Ballard presser tomorrow should be interesting.

Don't get your hopes up, he'll blather about how they like JT, how they want him to get healthy, etc....

I also bet you that no local media will try to find out what's up with his "injury". They won't push Ballard into a corner and they won't make him say anything other than the weak claim that he's still "healing"

10 minutes ago, Jackie Daytona said:

You better make sure and let them know what you would have preferred.

Assuming he is not injured, trade him. The guy stated that he doesn't want to play for the Colts. We shouldn't be holding anyone captive who doesn't want to be a part of our team. We sure did a good job of demanding a number one pick for him. Congratulations! That has left the Colts with what exactly? He is of no value to anyone sitting on the frickin PUP list. Furthermore, the problem/distraction still remains for the team. Can't wait for someone to try to convince me that this was all a part of Ballard's master plan to make this team a contender. You know it's coming.