Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jonathan Taylor comments on his contract/Request trade (Merge)

GoColts8818

48 minutes ago, JColts72 said:

Colts PR when not traded will say gave him opportunity to explore but what they want in return is really unrealistic too.

I disagree. You don’t EVER start with what you want. You start high. That gives you room to negotiate down. Odds are, the offers are way below what the minimum they’d take is. Which I’m guessing is a mid round 2nd or a high third. 

besides, if you had an asset that you don’t want to get rid of but everyone is after him, I’d want a premium price too

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I disagree. You don’t EVER start with what you want. You start high. That gives you room to negotiate down. Odds are, the offers are way below what the minimum they’d take is. Which I’m guessing is a mid round 2nd or a high third. 

besides, if you had an asset that you don’t want to get rid of but everyone is after him, I’d want a premium price too

Teams may not give the 1 due to his injury. I wouldn't.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JColts72 said:

Teams may not give the 1 due to his injury. I wouldn't.

Given his injury history (and histrionics), it may be that any team would want a one year "prove-it" deal from Taylor. I'm sure Taylor is becoming aware that he has bitten the hand that could feed him.

20 minutes ago, CoachLite said:

Given his injury history (and histrionics), it may be that any team would want a one year "prove-it" deal from Taylor. I'm sure Taylor is becoming aware that he has bitten the hand that could feed him.

His agent overvalued him.

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

I think odds are the Colts didn't/don't want to trade him at all, that is why they put that compensation out there. Now if someone will give it to you, then you have a decision to make.

This was strictly to let Taylor see, that there isn't much out there for him.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Jackie Daytona said:

I'd lean more towards, Taylor overvalued his Agent....

I agree. I think Taylor thought by getting that guy, he would be able to get whatever he wanted or close to it. I still like the idea I had as do many in here and even some of the media have the same idea. That is a nice 3 year deal for 39 Million, which is 13 a year. Give him at least 25 million guaranteed so he has plenty of security.

I am really not sure we have offered him anything. I am not sure he is even really injured either. The surgery he had on his ankle wasn't even major surgery. It usually takes 2 months for that type of surgery to heal, he had the surgery in January. Unless he did something in the offseason to reaggravate it, nobody really knows.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

This tweet is 100% correct. There seems to be a lot of JT isn’t faking a injury with no explanation and why would a team would trade for him if he is still injured.

THIS is the real question Colts media and reporters for some unknown reason don't want to touch. THIS should be the second biggest story in this whole ordeal after the Taylor asking for a trade bit... This should be the immediate second question every Colts reporter asks when presented with the opportunity to talk to anyone from the Colts or Taylor's camp. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

That’s a nice deal for Jacobs.  It drives next years franchise tag number up too.  I wonder if Taylor would accept a similar deal with a new team.

I think colts and Taylor both have to be willing to compromise. Up his pay this year and add a extra year making him a FA in 25. If for some reason he didn’t work with Steichen this year then you can try and trade him.

We will see if this Josh Jacobs thing changes anything. Colts should not budge. Taylor and his agent have handed this so bad colts do not need to make them happy.

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

I think that came from the fake report yesterday.

indeed if did.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

We will see if this Josh Jacobs thing changes anything. Colts should not budge. Taylor and his agent have handed this so bad colts do not need to make them happy.

I think that came from the fake report yesterday.

indeed if did.

Noted thanks

3 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

I say there is no way the Colts would give Taylor an offer like the one Jacobs got.

Exactly the Colts have made their position clear.  Prove you are healthy (and if recent reports are true they have a very good reason to want to see that) and that you are the same back we saw in 2021 and then they will pay you.  They aren’t going to do it before hand.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Giving Taylor a raise this year and adding a extra year to make him a FA in 25 seems reasonable to me.

Rumor is the Colts balked when Taylors agent said Taylor was looking for 10-12 million last week.

So why would they accept that now? ...Because Josh Jacobs got a new deal?

Just now, Dingus McGirt said:

Yes, there is.  He's "injured," remember?

and still under contract

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

I say there is no way the Colts would give Taylor an offer like the one Jacobs got.

Taylor and Jacobs are not on the same contract cycle.   They’re not in the same position.

Jacobs contract was up and had to be tagged.   Taylor still has one more year on his rookie deal before he’ll need to be tagged.   That’ll happen next year if this drags on.   

Jacob’s is not viewed as a better RB than Taylor.  He’s top-10, but not as good as JT. 

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

This tweet is 100% correct. There seems to be a lot of JT isn’t faking a injury with no explanation and why would a team would trade for him if he is still injured.

I really dont want the Colts to trade JT to Mia with a lowball offer. Look at how Mia fleeced the 49ers in the Trey Lance deal! They got 4 star players out of it! They dont deserve to get away with another steal. Dont do it Ballard!!!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

Rumor is the Colts balked when Taylors agent said Taylor was looking for 10-12 million last week.

So why would they accept that now? ...Because Josh Jacobs got a new deal?

and still under contract

I think Jacobs new deal immediately changed the financial parameters. He is the rushing champion and Taylor is the previous rushing champion.  His new contract helped raise the new tag number to over 14m next year.  Hard to see it not having an impact.  Not sure it affects the Colts position.  I think they want to see him play the year out.  But another team in a Super Bowl hunt might feel differently.

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Taylor and Jacobs are not on the same contract cycle.   They’re not in the same position.

Jacobs contract was up and had to be tagged.   Taylor still has one more year on his rookie deal before he’ll need to be tagged.   That’ll happen next year if this drags on.   

Jacob’s is not viewed as a better RB than Taylor.  He’s top-10, but not as good as JT. 

Which is why colts would be wide to add a year through 24 and give him a raise this year. That would be right about what Jacobs is getting now.