Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jonathan Taylor comments on his contract/Request trade (Merge)

GoColts8818

13 minutes ago, w87r said:

Going to speculate and say.

He made the team out to look like liars again(Irsay saying he was ready for camp) and didn't show up to travel to Philly with them.

Kinda jives with the situation.

Yeah when I took a step back, it makes sense

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, azcolt said:

This gets dumber by the day. All Chips In just barely got through spouting his latest drivel about welcoming Taylor back. Meanwhile the GM obviously wasn’t listening to him…fortunately for the team.

If you hate Irsay so much, why be a colts fan? Why not join the rest of the sheep and route for the Chiefs 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Yeah when I took a step back, it makes sense

Either that or he traveled with them to Philly to be traded to the Eagles.

J/k ...... Kinda 

4 minutes ago, Creekside said:

He is? I didn't know that. Injured in camp?

Jet ski accident 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Indeee said:

None of the above is good for the Colts though.

Why not?

We get rid of headache.

Get good compensation.

Most think we're not going to be to good this year.

How is none of it good?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Any team willing to give up a first is going to be a SB contending team with a QB most likely. Bears have cap room and a extra first though.

Herbert is a monster. Won't be the bears or if it is, we should ask for Herbert in return

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Any team willing to give up a first is going to be a SB contending team with a QB most likely. Bears have cap room and a extra first though.

Trading a Bears 1st or Panthers 1st is a lot bigger of a risk(for Bears) than trading a Chiefs or Bills 1st.

I'm good with it though, don't get me wrong.

3 minutes ago, w87r said:

Why not?

We get rid of headache.

Get good compensation.

Most think we're not going to be to good this year.

How is none of it good?

A late round first is not what the Colts should be looking for IMO

1 minute ago, Indeee said:

That's great value for a RB.

If we can get some non-contender team who thinks it's in their best interest to sellout for a star RB, that'd ofc be preferable, but they have got to have a really dumb GM to go for it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, w87r said:

It makes sense for teams that are SB contenders to look into it. Especially since his cap hit is so low

Chiefs

Bills

**Dolphins (they seem to think they are)

Ravens

Eagles

Vikings (with Taylor could be nice)? (NFC can be had)

Cowboys 

** also with Dolphins, they are in an arms race with the Bills and Jets, so that makes acquiring Taylor that much more important.

This is why I think the Dolphins are the team that will take the plunge.  Taylor will put them in that arms race.  Colts are going to receive a number of offers I believe. They can work them to get a very nice return.  Hope we get a starting player.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, csmopar said:

If you hate Irsay so much, why be a colts fan? Why not join the rest of the sheep and route for the Chiefs 

I don’t know if you are old enough to remember the infamous Mayflower middle of the night move or how shabbily the Irsays treated Johnny U, but it was enough to cause him to no longer root for the Colts. Unlike the late, great Johnny U, I still love the Colts football players. Of course the Irsays didn’t treat me like smelly garbage.

1 hour ago, Nickster said:

I’m not sure about that simply because he’s ahem injured, is believed to be soft holding out, and is due to make a number this year he can’t as of yet accepted.

If there were assurances that he’s healthy and will play for his current deal, then the market value would be revealed.

I don’t think you can do NBA style sign and trades in the NFL.  @Superman do you know about that?  You are the contract guru around here.  Can you do a deal a 3 party sign and trade in this league?

Exactly. It’s why I’ve said all along his position here is weak as can be. He wants us to pay him without showing us he’s healthy and he can be close to the same player he was in 2021, and now he wants other teams to pay a price to have the privilege to pay him.

I expect Irsay to publicly outbid any contract offer made. 

JT has grossly misjudged the market and he had handled this process like a complete derp at every step. If he’d shown up, balled out, made a pro bowl, Irsay would have given him 13-15 million next spring. 

But he’s forcing the issue at the worst possible time for the issue. Now he’s going to find out how much the highest bidder is willing to pay and it’s still not going to meet his projections. 

Maybe this will humble him some. Finding out no one wants to give a fair trade deal for him or pay him the amount he has set his eye on will humble him and show him that he has not handled this well. 

But if not… then what?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Indeee said:

Any 1st is a pretty solid score, tbh.

I hear you though.

Miami 2nd and Robert Hunt(he is a free agent next year and they are already cap strapped)

All kinds of options, I do expect this to move fairly quickly though.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Indeee said:

Trade  JT to Denver for Sutton and a 3rd. That would work

You would rather have this than a late 1st.?

Edit: We don't even need a WR.

I get your player to help this year angle but not that.

2 minutes ago, w87r said:

You would rather have this than a late 1st.?

Only because we need a true number one receiver of which I believe Sutton is very close to being. Besides, Payton with the saints really never had two top notch receivers, so I think Sutton might be expendable and Javonte hasn't really been that durable. IDK, I'm just spit balling here..Ha!!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, azcolt said:

I don’t know if you are old enough to remember the infamous Mayflower middle of the night move or how shabbily the Irsays treated Johnny U, but it was enough to cause him to no longer root for the Colts. Unlike the late, great Johnny U, I still love the Colts football players. Of course the Irsays didn’t treat me like smelly garbage.

Yes I am. I’m also old enough to know there’s two sides to that story and really the Baltimore city council and the state of Maryland are to blame for that,  not Irsay 

• Like 4

It may be true that no team will be willing to give Taylor the money he wants, or what the Colts will want for him. However, the Colts shouldn’t just take chump change for him. Considering how results have panned out with Ballard transactions the last couple of years, the Colts will probably end up a bunch of very late round picks spread out over a couple of years. 

15 minutes ago, Indeee said:

Only because we need a true number one receiver of which I believe Sutton is very close to being. Besides, Payton with the saints really never had two top notch receivers, so I think Sutton might be expendable and Javonte hasn't really been that durable. IDK, I'm just spit balling here..Ha!!

Not sure how I feel about Sutton being a true #1. Feel the same about Pittman but we already have him.

Also it would be a cap increase of about $10m for us this year.

Sutton contract moving forward isn't bad though.

2025 - $13.5m

2026 - $14m

Those numbers sure beat $20m+, but again not sure I would count him as a true #1.

Just now, w87r said:

sorry for random tweets. Interesting to see who gets thrown out as options.

I’d just be cautious because as we’ve seen over and over just because some random person on twitter says so doesn’t mean it’s true yet some think everything tweeted is indeed fact.

• Like 1