Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jonathan Taylor comments on his contract/Request trade (Merge)

GoColts8818

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am going to say this with sarcasm, just having fun here:

Hey Miami, here is your key to the golden ticket. A HR hitting RB, top tier RB in the league if you want to win the East and a shot at a SB run. Give us Hunt and a 1st round pick in 2024 and he's yours. Come on Miami, you know you want him chuckling homer simpson GIF

I’ve got some ocean front property in Air A Zone A . . . From my front porch you can see the sea. . 
Lol

1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Holder has gone silent on the entire JT saga. The fact that he still is MIA over personal issues is strange. Is Zach Moss going to be ready for opening Day? Let’s sign Jordan Wilkins, great down field runner off of RPO’s. 

I feel like every post I've seen from you recently is just roasting Holder about the JT stuff. We get it.

No idea on Moss and Wilkins recently signed with the Browns.

20 hours ago, RollerColt said:

Still thinking JT is the one who’s lied about the injuries. 

I would guess his ankle would pass a physical, and if it were an important game he would be out there. But there is a good probability he is still having some discomfort and would prefer waiting until it was as good as it is likely to get. And wisely walk onto the field with as much Fully Guaranteed $$$ as the market will bear. A Very Wise plan.

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think if a trade happens, Ballard would want picks. What would we get is a mystery? I would want them in 2024, at least 2. A 2nd and 3rd would be nice or just a 1st. Any suggestions on what we could get for him? I am just throwing stuff out there. 

I think Miami is the real front runner out of all of the teams being mentioned.  I think we could get a conditional 2nd for him and a player from Miami.  That’s how bad I think they want him.  I think his agent is trying hard for Miami.  JT is in Miami for personal reasons.  Coincidence?  Maybe.  Maybe something is in the works.  He needs to pass that physical though.   I think Miami views him as their missing piece and I have a feeling they are going to pull off the blockbuster trade and get him.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I think Miami is the real front runner out of all of the teams being mentioned.  I think we could get a conditional 2nd for him and a player from Miami.  That’s how bad I think they want him.  I think his agent is trying hard for Miami.  JT is in Miami for personal reasons.  Coincidence?  Maybe.  Maybe something is in the works.  He needs to pass that physical though.   I think Miami views him as their missing piece and I have a feeling they are going to pull off the blockbuster trade and get him.

I hope they give up a good return to us for JT so we can be done and over with all this. Then go out and sign Hunt or another good young RB who gets cut. 

25 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

I hope they give up a good return to us for JT so we can be done and over with all this. Then go out and sign Hunt or another good young RB who gets cut. 

My first choice is to get a deal done that both parties can be happy with

JT is a great player

2nd Choice 

Miami's pick in round 2, next year - Conditional on JTs performance (3rd if he misses)

Robert Hunt - RG (Ranked 17th best Guard)

If JT is done with the Colts ...... AND Miami wants him...... make it happen Cap'n 

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

How do you know he’s in Miami 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Scott Pennock said:

If there is any shred of truth to this, who could we get back from the Dolphins as similar compensation?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/report-afc-contender-talking-to-colts-about-blockbuster-jonathan-taylor-trade-according-to-nfl-executive/ar-AA1ftdJC?ocid=entnewsntp&cvid=99ba6e0223e040f7a6af567fcb348f87&ei=9

Edge - Jaelan Phillips and draft pick(s)

OG - Robert Hunt and draft pick(s)

Those are about the only two young potential "stars" that I could think of outside of Waddle who I know they would not part with.....

There is no way that Miami is trading a young DE for a  rb. People are forgetting this. Taylor may want a trade but do u  think he is going to another team unless there is a contract  in  place for let's say 15 million a year? I don't think so. What team is going to trade for Taylor under these circumstances. He wants a new contract whether it be from the Colts or the next team. To me, he is almost untradeable  given his  current demands. Like I have said. If he continues to mope, I cut him loose or just send him home for the year. The Colts cannot bend because they didn't acce with  Moore last year, and they can not make a trend of redoing contracts unless it is warranted.  An example of redoing a contract is Chris Jones for KC. He is under contract but he  has totally out played his current contract and he has tons of leverage. He is as important to the D as  Mahommes is to the O. He is in the Bosa and Parsons class in terms of talent. He is a game wrecker.

11 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

There is no way that Miami is trading a young DE for a  rb. People are forgetting this. Taylor may want a trade but do u  think he is going to another team unless there is a contract  in  place for let's say 15 million a year? I don't think so. What team is going to trade for Taylor under these circumstances. He wants a new contract whether it be from the Colts or the next team. To me, he is almost untradeable  given his  current demands. Like I have said. If he continues to mope, I cut him loose or just send him home for the year. The Colts cannot bend because they didn't acce with  Moore last year, and they can not make a trend of redoing contracts unless it is warranted.  An example of redoing a contract is Chris Jones for KC. He is under contract but he  has totally out played his current contract and he has tons of leverage. He is as important to the D as  Mahommes is to the O. He is in the Bosa and Parsons class in terms of talent. He is a game wrecker.

JT has no choice in the trade matter. Colts could send him wherever they want 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, csmopar said:

JT has no choice in the trade matter. Colts could send him wherever they want 

Missing the point. They can send him any where they want, but he wants a new contract. The new team would have to redo his contract. Taylor wants out of Indy cause he wants more money. Star rbs this year couldn't get squat from their present teams so how is Taylor so special that he would get traded and then a new contract that he would be happy with? Irsay said he isn't trading him. If the Colts trade him, he looks likes a clown. Irsays clown show was 2022 and I am sure he doesn't want to keep that story line going.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Missing the point. They can send him any where they want, but he wants a new contract. The new team would have to redo his contract. Taylor wants out of Indy cause he wants more money. Star rbs this year couldn't get squat from their present teams so how is Taylor so special that he would get traded and then a new contract that he would be happy with? Irsay said he isn't trading him. If the Colts trade him, he looks likes a clown. Irsays clown show was 2022 and I am sure he doesn't want to keep that story line going.

No, you’re missing my point.  they could trade him without the new team doing a new contract. Technically. 

In the end, I still think they put him on IR for the season. Let him heal

2 hours ago, csmopar said:

No, you’re missing my point.  they could trade him without the new team doing a new contract. Technically. 

In the end, I still think they put him on IR for the season. Let him heal

How do the Colts trade him to say the Bills? Do u think Taylor is going to go to the Bills under the same contract? U think he agrees to play for the Bills for 4 million and a free agent next year? I don't and that is why he is  of untradeable. Irsay said he is going no where and I believe him so it's all mute

11 hours ago, richard pallo said:

You have these sorts of  feelings every year.   :lol:

• Like 1

23 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

It’s hard to see the Colts asking for a first when they won’t even pay the guy they’re now trying to trade.   Now if the Colts didn’t ask for it, but Miami offered that might be a different story.   But I think it would be a long shot.

What GM would give up a first round pick for an injured player with a problematic agent?  Unless said player isn’t “really” injured any longer.

12 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Steichen just said Taylor will be back tomorrow but doesn’t know if he will practice.

Yes, but the real news is JT’s hoodie is being traded to Miami for a pair of cleats to replace the ones our rookie QB foolishly gave away last week.

1 hour ago, Dingus McGirt said:

What GM would give up a first round pick for an injured player with a problematic agent?  Unless said player isn’t “really” injured any longer.

Honestly, I don’t.   I was only responding to a hypothetical offered up by another poster.   

But, to me, the only way the Colts will get more than they ask for is if a team believes it’s a Super Bowl quality team WITH Taylor and offers to overpay in order to acquire him.   Otherwise, I don’t see any team overpaying for him.    

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Honestly, I don’t.   I was only responding to a hypothetical offered up by another poster.   

But, to me, the only way the Colts will get more than they ask for is if a team believes it’s a Super Bowl quality team WITH Taylor and offers to overpay in order to acquire him.   Otherwise, I don’t see any team overpaying for him.    

Agreed.  He would have to take, and pass, said team’s physical…

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Something the media has missed with Taylor is no one has asked why after all these months is Taylor not healthy. What was the setback ect? 

He had an ankle injury right? I think the problem was he didn’t have enough in his “stocking” to fix the ankle problem.  :cash:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Didn’t even think of this when I posted above Taylor will be traveling with the team. This was actually a good question by the media. Players who are rehabbing generally do not travel when the team goes on the road. So makes you go hmm.

Maybe it’s a one way trip and we’re trading him to Philly 🤣