Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kwity Paye is in the concussion protocol

1959Colts

2 hours ago, 1959Colts said:

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/colts-lose-starting-cornerback-dallis-flowers-to-torn-achilles

...The Colts also announced that Kwity Paye, who has started all four games at defensive end, is in the concussion protocol. Paye played the entire game yesterday but began to feel concussion symptoms afterward.

Maybe these symptoms are something else than actually being concussed.

14 hours ago, Nickster said:

Wow.  Did you see that in an article?

are there concussion stats somewhere?

Pickett most likely either had a supremely mild concussion, or never had a concussion to begin with.  

We are witnessing a massive overcorrection by the league in regard to handling concussions due to the negative press and lawsuits.  It's not a bad thing, at all.  It's just a much more severe correction than we would have seen in any other circumstances 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jackie Daytona said:

Pickett most likely either had a supremely mild concussion, or never had a concussion to begin with.  

We are witnessing a massive overcorrection by the league in regard to handling concussions due to the negative press and lawsuits.  It's not a bad thing, at all.  It's just a much more severe correction than we would have seen in any other circumstances 

I think if a player is feeling good by Friday after getting a mild concussion from a game almost a week ago, it should be their decision if they want to play or not on Sunday's upcoming game. Doctors are not God. A person knows their own body better than anyone else. AR probably could have played at Baltimore, but the doctors kept him out. I say that because after AR's supposed concussion, he was spotted out walking around the next day in broad day light doing normal things. 

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think if a player is feeling good by Friday after getting a mild concussion from a game almost a week ago, it should be their decision if they want to play or not on Sunday's upcoming game. Doctors are not God. A person knows their own body better than anyone else. AR probably could have played at Baltimore, but the doctors kept him out. I say that because after AR's supposed concussion, he was spotted out walking around the next day in broad day light doing normal things. 

The skeptical me wonders if independent Drs might try to gain a financial advantage by not passing key players. ( for gambling purposes)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

The skeptical me wonders if independent Drs might try to gain a financial advantage by not passing key players. ( for gambling purposes)

I don't blame you at all for thinking that. That is another reason why I would leave it to the player if he thinks he can play or not. If the player is really feeling bad, he won't play because he is getting paid anyway. 

22 minutes ago, Jackie Daytona said:

CTE among NFL players is a huge problem for the league, the players, and their families. IMHO, this may not be an adequate solution, but it's not an overcorrection.

https://www.usnews.com/news/health-news/articles/2023-02-09/in-autopsy-study-over-90-of-former-nfl-players-showed-signs-of-brain-disease-cte