Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 Week#4, Rams @ Colts, Sunday, October 1st, 1:00PM EDT

NFLfan

Rams @ Colts  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

2. 2. How many sacks will the Colts have?

3. 3. How many receiving yards will Puka Nacua have for the Rams?

• Less than 50
    • 50 to 100
    • More than 100
    • Who's Puka Nacua??

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/01/2023 at 05:10 PM

Seriously this was a well fought game and I’m not mad we lost. The secondary needs to be address. Everyone and their mother can pass on us. Been an issue since week 1 and it’s the safeties. 

Just now, IndySouthsider said:

Both games all the ad had to do was stop a drive at the end.  

The Redskin drive last year with a backup QB?

Fatigue. The offense couldn’t score and it caused them to be on the field longer. 

Missed field goal and going for it hurt this game amongst a whole bunch of other plays that all matter.  A healthy Taylor changes things up, the team never folded and came back from a large hole.  Like the attitude and yes we still need some game changers on O and D.

Just now, Aces101 said:

AR showed everyone what he can be

The defensive secondary showed everyone what they really are

The secondary is what it is in this scheme. U don't get pressure, and  u get torched.  It is just a scheme I detest, and I have been saying it for years now. U could tell Stafford was hurt, and that is the only reason why the D looked good in the 2nd half. He appeared to get it together on that drive and same old.  I bet Steichen dumps Bradley and this scheme after the season. I truly think that is why they interviewed so many D coaches this year. Peirce has been a huge disappointment and this team cannot develop any wrs to become legit threats. That's the most disappointing aspect of this team. I really thought Peirce was going to be the guy. Huge disappointment. Seems like the game is to big for him

• Like 1

Just now, a06cc said:

Seriously this was a well fought game and I’m not mad we lost. The secondary needs to be address. Everyone and their mother can pass on us. Been an issue since week 1 and it’s the safeties. 

I’m mad.  * actually.  Another very winnable game but our coaching sucks.

1 minute ago, Happy2BeHere said:

We are still a handful of good playmakers away from being a lethal team..but we are trending in the right direction. 

Yuuup. At this rate, we need JT to make this offense truly explosive. Or trade him for a mid round pick & a starting corner/safety. 

It sucks we lost as our entire division is now 2-2. All 3 division teams won. But, I didn’t even expect us to be in contention prior to the season. We should be pretty darn good next year with one good off-season & continued development at QB, LT, CB, etc

1 minute ago, a06cc said:

Fatigue. The offense couldn’t score and it caused them to be on the field longer. 

Gus is the worst coordinator in the NFL currently. He was definitely a downgrade from Eberflus. Rex Ryan walks in the door tomorrow. He woke make the defense better.

• Like 1

Just now, IndySouthsider said:

Gus is the worst coordinator in the NFL currently. He was definitely a downgrade from Eberflus. Rex Ryan walks in the door tomorrow. He woke make the defense better.

It’s the FS and SS. We need an upgrade there 

2 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

The secondary is what it is in this scheme. U don't get pressure, and  u get torched.  It is just a scheme I detest, and I have been saying it for years now. U could tell Stafford was hurt, and that is the only reason why the D looked good in the 2nd half. He appeared to get it together on that drive and same old.  I bet Steichen dumps Bradley and this scheme after the season. I truly think that is why they interviewed so many D coaches this year. Peirce has been a huge disappointment and this team cannot develop any wrs to become legit threats. That's the most disappointing aspect of this team. I really thought Peirce was going to be the guy. Huge disappointment. Seems like the game is to big for him

Thank you. This scheme has been losing Football games for many years now

Just now, a06cc said:

It’s the FS and SS. We need an upgrade there 

Defensive coordinator  needs an upgrade as well

I really don't see how anyone can be bashing the team after this loss when most were saying it was over at halftime. We were down 23-0 and AR played like a Boss in the 4th Qtr. We lost to a good team in OT. Stafford is a very good QB with a SB ring, he has been around. We could've quit when it was 23-0 but we had an unbelievable comeback. Our defense was just gassed, and unfortunately they won the coin toss. The way we lost was heart breaking but overall the team looked good in the 2nd half. AR actually redeemed himself in the 4th and ended up playing a good game. It is what it is, that is football. 

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, bestQBever said:

To be fair, all of us KNEW the secondary was gonna be one of the issues this year. Shouldn't be surprised to see that be a reality

Yes, but it still sucks to see. More than anything, Ballard essentially threw this year by starting UDFA 1 yr players, along with drafting rookies, to replace Gilmore and Rodgers. Maybe those rookies develop, but that's gonna take a minute.

1 minute ago, IndySouthsider said:

It was so late when we hired Shane he was pretty well stuck with Gus.  I will be surprised if he returns next year.

Just now, chickenMan said:

In good news, AR looked awesome second half. Overcame a slow start and nearly won us the game. If we can get some more weapons and sharpen the back end of the D, this could be a very good team very quickly

Absolutely. We entered this season with low expectations in terms of wins, with the focus on our young players learning on the job and growing. They've been a pleasant surprise so far and I think as much as we can quickly jump on the hype train, we need to remember that we have a lot of young guys playing meaningful snaps.

Considering we had a depleted OL against one of the best pass rushing DTs ever, they held up decently well.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Aces101 said:

AR showed everyone what he can be

The defensive secondary showed everyone what they really are

Just now, Moosejawcolt said:

We got torched because of how bad Blackmon and Thomas are in coverage. I can’t blame Gus for that when he’s also dealing with rookies on the outside. 

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

Well we traded up for Nick Cross last year.  Still on the bench.

He can’t cover as well. That’s on the scouts

• Like 1

One of the biggest defense problems today was that we didn't stop the run up the middle.  That setup Rams Offense and allowed them to play 2 dimensional.  Very uncharacteristic for us so far this year.  Also our Defensive play maker isn't making a difference and probably hurting more than helping at this point.  Hope it changes because if not you have to consider cutting him at year end and you have to retain 44.