Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AR vs Young vs Stroud vs Levis

csmopar

3 hours ago, DougDew said:

Sure, its only 5 games, and he can be fine in the end. 

Including the tweet that talks about the O being too complicated relative to the Os other rookies are running now, his struggles are seen as being caused by something other than the possibility he never deserved to be the number 1 pick in the first place. 

:number1:

15 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

He was still a coach who had just gotten fired.

Baseline facts, for sure. 

More context includes the Dungy Bucs having more postseason success than the Reich Colts, despite having substandard QBing.

But Reich was obviously well respected around the league, and has been for a long time. There were more questions about candidates being open to the Colts than there were questions about any teams being interested in Reich. 

1 hour ago, Superman said:

Baseline facts, for sure. 

More context includes the Dungy Bucs having more postseason success than the Reich Colts, despite having substandard QBing.

But Reich was obviously well respected around the league, and has been for a long time. There were more questions about candidates being open to the Colts than there were questions about any teams being interested in Reich. 

Right, not disagreeing with the statement Dungy had done more.  Just pointing out what the original complaint was.  If the complaint is I don’t know why the Panthers would hire a coach who had done so little right after getting fired then just say that. (I know you didn’t say the original post).  That’s still debatable but to just say I don’t know why the Panthers hired a coach right after he got fired seems a little out of touch when the team you are a fan of best coach in franchise history was hired right after getting fired.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

wow. This should be good for panthers handing  it over to a young mind.

I think this is the best thing for the team. Hopefully this will see Reich flourish as a HC and a young guy in Brown make a name for himself.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Superman said:

Good for Reich. I'll be very interested in what happens next with the Panthers.

This eerily reminds me of Frank Reich making moves to save his behind little by little, first firing Marcus Brady last year and so on...

Yes, it will be interesting to watch but if Reich goes 2-14 or 1-15, not much can save him at the end of the season.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

I think this is the best thing for the team. Hopefully this will see Reich flourish as a HC and a young guy in Brown make a name for himself.

Meh...it might just be a Jeff Saturday type of spark in the beginning. They play the Texans and the Colts next. I am afraid this might produce a win vs the Colts. I hope I am wrong. :( 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, chad72 said:

This eerily reminds me of Frank Reich making moves to save his behind little by little, first firing Marcus Brady last year and so on...

Yes, it will be interesting to watch but if Reich goes 2-14 or 1-15, not much can save him at the end of the season.

Last year, he responded by firing his OC. This time, he's empowering his OC. And this is something he said he intended to do eventually in Carolina, so I don't necessarily see it as a panic move or an attempt to save himself. It could be, but to me it looks more like a common sense adjustment that they've been preparing for anyway.

Don't know where things end up with Reich and the Panthers, but I've wanted to see what he looks like without the play calling on his plate for a long time. And maybe Brown is bad at it, we don't know. But at least the game management stuff should be cleaned up. They've had major mistakes over the last few weeks, indefensible stuff. 

16 hours ago, Superman said:

Maybe the meetings will stop when they win a game...

If I'm not mistaken Frank was talking about how involved and present Tepper is even during the off-season. I don't think this is specifically connected to them losing. He just seems to be the 'involved' type. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, krunk said:

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/bryce-young-super-excited-about-thomas-brown-calling-offensive-plays

Should I assume he was not "super excited" about Franks play calling if he is this excited about Brown? lol

lol... perhaps? Or he's just trying to be a good dude for his young offensive coordinator. 

I hope Thomas ends up being successful for Bryce's sake. It really screws up a QB's development if they have to change schemes and playcallers every year. 

• Like 1

On 10/16/2023 at 10:40 AM, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

wow. This should be good for panthers handing  it over to a young mind.

Maybe, just maybe, Frank realizes that you can't be a good head coach and call plays at the same time. Or maybe he isn't very good at calling plays. Either way, better late than never.

47 minutes ago, CoachLite said:

Maybe, just maybe, Frank realizes that you can't be a good head coach and call plays at the same time. Or maybe he isn't very good at calling plays. Either way, better late than never.

Andy Reid, Sean Mcvay, Kyle Shanahan and Doug Pederson all call plays

1 hour ago, 1959Colts said:

Panther's higher-up's get Reich to give up calling plays, just in time for their matchup with Colts. 

...Many here wanted Reich to turn the playcalling over to someone else, when he was our HC 

And our higher ups didn’t do that.  I guess we’ll see if it really matters.  If brown sparks offensive production for CAR, it’s a bad look for Ballard. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

And our higher ups didn’t do that.  I guess we’ll see if it really matters.  If brown sparks offensive production for CAR, it’s a bad look for Ballard. 

What a surprise!    You wrote the words….  It’s a bad look for Ballard.    

As opposed to Ballard being supportive of his head coach, and in Carolina,  the owner likely ordered Reich to give up the play calling duties.   People here have been writing about Frank being setup to be the fall guy to cover for the decisions that the owner made….  From the trade they made to move up to first overall….  To taking Young….    But you manage to boil it down to a bad look for Ballard.   

In another thread I believe I mentioned something about some people here having an agenda….   Here’s the latest example.   

I didn’t think you’d make it this obvious.   

Sorry…….  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Andy Reid, Sean Mcvay, Kyle Shanahan and Doug Pederson all call plays

Im not 100 percent sure…

But I think you can also add the successful head coach at Green Bay….   And the successful HC at Cincinnati as well.   There may be more, but they quickly came to mind.   Perhaps Stefanski at Cleveland too? 

9 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Im not 100 percent sure…

But I think you can also add the successful head coach at Green Bay….   And the successful HC at Cincinnati as well.   There may be more, but they quickly came to mind.   Perhaps Stefanski at Cleveland too? 

Can confirm: Zac Taylor indeed calls the plays for Cincy. 

3 hours ago, PRnum1 said:

Should Ballard have traded up 2 spots for Stroud?

What do you all think?

Doesn’t matter. The Texans would have never dealt with us in a trade. They wanted their guys and got them. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

?

The theory posed was that the CAR FO took away Frank's playcalling.  If the offense improves, then it begs the question why didn't the Colts FO take away Frank's play calling when the O struggled....as many were calling for it.   Not that the FO listens to the fans, but if the fans see something that the FO later sees and its a fix, then the Frank critics have some merit and Ballard not seeing the problem is a bad look for him.

I know, its complex.

We'll see what happens at CAR.

13 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

What a surprise!    You wrote the words….  It’s a bad look for Ballard.    

As opposed to Ballard being supportive of his head coach, and in Carolina,  the owner likely ordered Reich to give up the play calling duties.   People here have been writing about Frank being setup to be the fall guy to cover for the decisions that the owner made….  From the trade they made to move up to first overall….  To taking Young….    But you manage to boil it down to a bad look for Ballard.   

In another thread I believe I mentioned something about some people here having an agenda….   Here’s the latest example.   

I didn’t think you’d make it this obvious.   

Sorry…….  

Good Lord.  I know you read stuff hoping to pounce with an eager trigger, but please clearly read what I write before you go off.

I said IF the play calling improves and the CAR offense improves THEN its a bad look for Ballard for not seeing what many here saw.  I have no idea why you introduce supporting a coach or who traded up.  My post is about the play calling switch fixing a real problem.  If it actually does.

We'll see what happens.  That means the future.   The bolded ignores that important part of my post.....talk about agenda.

16 hours ago, PRnum1 said:

Should Ballard have traded up 2 spots for Stroud?

What do you all think?

I felt Stroud was the best QB in the draft, but I didn't want us to move up two spots for him. If he lasted to #3, maybe that would have been different. He's looked great so far.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Superman said:

I felt Stroud was the best QB in the draft, but I didn't want us to move up two spots for him. If he lasted to #3, maybe that would have been different. He's looked great so far.

We are all dreaming if we felt Texans were going to give us that pick. Bears at #1 was our best shot. Maybe we just give up a future 1st and our current 2nd and might have gotten him. But everyone was saying there was no consensus clear cut franchise QB in this draft head and shoulders above the rest. So when Ballard didn't trade up, it was a reflection of that too. Just that we can't play hindsight 20/20 when the actions were consistent with QB evaluations, across teams. Panthers were just cornered into a spot because of picking later, IMO.