Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AR vs Young vs Stroud vs Levis

csmopar

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Going in draft order: all stats per nfl dot com

Young- 20/38, 52% completion, 2 INTs, 1 PTD, 145 yards, QBR:48.8(yahoo puts him at 34.9)

Stroud- 28/44, 64 % completion, 0 INTs, 0 TDs, 244 yards, QBR-78.0(yahoo puts him at 84.3)

AR- 24/37, 65% completion, 1 PTD, 1 RTD, 1 INT, 223 yards, QBR- 89.8(yahoo fantasy ranks him at 108.2)

And no Levis and tennesee lost anyway excited homer simpson GIF

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Young- 20/38, 52% completion, 2 INTs, 1 PTD, 145 yards, QBR:48.8(yahoo puts him at 34.9)

Stroud- 28/44, 64 % completion, 0 INTs, 0 TDs, 244 yards, QBR-78.0(yahoo puts him at 84.3)

AR- 24/37, 65% completion, 1 PTD, 1 RTD, 1 INT, 223 yards, QBR- 89.8(yahoo fantasy ranks him at 108.2)

AR was better than both. We chose the right guy. I will put money on the Colts next week at Houston. probably $50.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

And no Levis and tennesee lost anyway excited homer simpson GIF

He may get his chance soon. Tannehill played like he preferred to be holding a clipboard than being on the field. Either way will be making a lot of dough.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Great point and all of them lost. AR looked better than all of them IMO. Wish Colts would have had better playcalling on offense. Just a opinion..I think there was to much running and should have taken field goal at beginning of game. But rookie coach as well. I thought after Jackson 1st fumble Hull would have been the guy . Hull had his 1st carry for 12yds and brought back by penalty.😩

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Reich did nothing it looks like to help young succeed. Looks like Texans and colts did. Throwing too much for stroud and Richardson though.

I think Colts would have won with more passing and took the FG earlier. Plus I think they had that 1st down before going for it on 4th down..JMO Pittman on that TD catch, Holy Cow!! I don't know if it was just me.. But Pittman never looked that fast before IMO.. He turned on the afterburners was fast... lol

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, EasyE said:

I think Colts would have won with more passing and took the FG earlier. Plus I think they had that 1st down before going for it on 4th down..JMO Pittman on that TD catch, Holy Cow!! I don't know if it was just me.. But Pittman never looked that fast before IMO.. He turned on the afterburners was fast... lol

Steichen should of called a timeout to let his coaches  review it. Instead he rushed things.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Most rookie QB lack weapons. Because you have to get the QB first then build. But I think colts have pretty good weapons compared to Texans and panthers.

Yes, especially if Taylor gets on the field. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, EasyE said:

Great point and all of them lost. AR looked better than all of them IMO. Wish Colts would have had better playcalling on offense. Just a opinion..I think there was to much running and should have taken field goal at beginning of game. But rookie coach as well. I thought after Jackson 1st fumble Hull would have been the guy . Hull had his 1st carry for 12yds and brought back by penalty.😩

Hull got hurt early. That’s why he was out

17 minutes ago, BigQ said:

They all seem to have the something in common….lack of legit weapons. Pitman looked like a legit wr1 in the second half though. 

I said it in the game day, Pittman is good for one outstanding series a game, then he’ll go ghost. Which he did right after the TD

3 hours ago, EasyE said:

I'm in agreement on a lot of this, hull was hurt though why he stopped playing. Funk looked better than Jackson. I think if moss is back and hull are healthy, no Jackson seen on offense. I'd even consider promoting funk and dropping Jackson 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JediXMan said:

I don't care about Young or Stroud performances all I care about is AR getting better. 

In the grand scheme I don’t either. But it is interesting to compare and watch their growth as a class since it was said all off season that AR is super raw(he is) and that both young and stroud were “pro ready”. So I think it’s worth comparing as the season goes along 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Hull got hurt early. That’s why he was out

I said it in the game day, Pittman is good for one outstanding series a game, then he’ll go ghost. Which he did right after the TD

I think after today your going to see Steichen make sure Pittman is Richardsons security blanket. He didn’t really have any targets first half.second half there was some adjustments. Downs looked good too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I think after today your going to see Steichen make sure Pittman is Richardsons security blanket. He didn’t really have any targets first half.second half there was some adjustments. Downs looked good too.

I just don't see Pittman as a top tier wr. Don't get me wrong, I think Pitt is ok. But today Calvin Ridley looked much more dangerous. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

I just don't see Pittman as a top tier wr. Don't get me wrong, I think Pitt is ok. But today Calvin Ridley looked much more dangerous. 

He will catch almost anything. So he should be Richardsons go to WR. He had almost 100 yards. We will see how the passing game with Richardson develops as the year goes on. Pierce needs to step up. Otherwise he is not going to last. Pittman needs another guy beside him. 

Edited by Restinpeacesweetchloe

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

We will see if he grows. Reich never seemed to grow and learn.

My two cents... The quicker that Shane realizes as a rookie hc that he is void of multiple skillset players on offense like he had with the Chargers and Eagles the better off he will be moving forward when it comes to situational football. Some of his staple plays will not work on a regular with this unit. The o-line is spotty, the run game is almost non existent and the receivers are avg at best minus Pittman. AR is the closest thing to elite talent on offense but he is a rookie that is raw. JT"s absence is GLARING!!!! If Taylor is going to be moved and is no longer in the plans long term then the Colts need to sign Hunt ASAP!

The defense is good enough to keep the Colts  competitive in most games. I'm keeping a close eye on special teams because I think Bubba will be missed. They lost lane discipline on that long punt return that led to the Jags go ahead td.

Overall I was pleased with the effort and saw some fight in the team against a playoff team. I think they are headed in the right direction now that we have a talented qb1 to groom but he can't do it alone. The focus should be to put as much playmaking talent around him so he can truly blossom. Go Colts!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, bluephantom87 said:

My two cents... The quicker that Shane realizes as a rookie hc that he is void of multiple skillset players on offense like he had with the Chargers and Eagles the better off he will be moving forward when it comes to situational football. Some of his staple plays will not work on a regular with this unit. The o-line is spotty, the run game is almost non existent and the receivers are avg at best minus Pittman. AR is the closest thing to elite talent on offense but he is a rookie that is raw. JT"s absence is GLARING!!!! If Taylor is going to be moved and is no longer in the plans long term then the Colts need to sign Hunt ASAP!

The defense is good enough to keep the Colts  competitive in most games. I'm keeping a close eye on special teams because I think Bubba will be missed. They lost lane discipline on that long punt return that led to the Jags go ahead td.

Overall I was pleased with the effort and saw some fight in the team against a playoff team. I think they are headed in the right direction now that we have a talented qb1 to groom but he can't do it alone. The focus should be to put as much playmaking talent around him so he can truly blossom. Go Colts!

“The quicker that Shane realizes that he is void of skillset players like he had with the Eagles and Chargers…”

Huh?    What the….???

Why do you think he doesn’t know that?   Spoiler alert!!   He knew that the day the Colts hired him back in February.   It’s now September.   He’s been coaching the team for 7 months.   Steichen knows what he has and doesn’t have.   

Sorry, but that was head scratching….. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A snippet from Lucks first game as a Colt. Didn't go near as well as Richardson. Some similarities though.

"In his first NFL game, he(Luck) wasn't up to the task. Under pressure, he fired high to receivers, but the most damage was done on the three interceptions. All three could have been big gains, even touchdowns, but in each instance, Luck threw a ball short of where it needed to be."

"Luck was uneven in his first start, throwing for 309 largely meaningless yards and three picks to go with a fumble. All three interceptions by Luck were underthrown passes to otherwise open receivers. While there were individual moments of excellence, he was harassed and pressured most of the game."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/1328032-colts-vs-bears-andrew-luck-comes-up-short-in-debut.amp.html

Stat line for Luck was 23-45 309 yards. 1td and 3picks.

"Other than Reggie Wayne, the Colts receivers were an inexperienced and mediocre group, as Austin Collie was inactive for the game. Donnie Avery, Kris Adams and LaVon Brazill combined for 73 yards between them, and most of that came late in the game with the outcome no longer in doubt."

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, krunk said:

A snippet from Lucks first game as a Colt. Didn't go near as well as Richardson. Some similarities though.

"In his first NFL game, he(Luck) wasn't up to the task. Under pressure, he fired high to receivers, but the most damage was done on the three interceptions. All three could have been big gains, even touchdowns, but in each instance, Luck threw a ball short of where it needed to be."

"Luck was uneven in his first start, throwing for 309 largely meaningless yards and three picks to go with a fumble. All three interceptions by Luck were underthrown passes to otherwise open receivers. While there were individual moments of excellence, he was harassed and pressured most of the game."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/1328032-colts-vs-bears-andrew-luck-comes-up-short-in-debut.amp.html

Stat line for Luck was 23-45 309 yards. 1td and 3picks.

"Other than Reggie Wayne, the Colts receivers were an inexperienced and mediocre group, as Austin Collie was inactive for the game. Donnie Avery, Kris Adams and LaVon Brazill combined for 73 yards between them, and most of that came late in the game with the outcome no longer in doubt."

I remember that game like it was yesterday. Hard to believe that was 11 years ago. I’m hopeful now as as I was then for the Colts future. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BigQ said:

I remember that game like it was yesterday. Hard to believe that was 11 years ago. I’m hopeful now as as I was then for the Colts future. 

Doyle has an entire article out right now saying AR isn't ready. I'd say what he produced for a guy that isn't ready turned out a lot better than it did for Luck. Im encouraged about what's ahead if what we watched today is considered not ready.

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, krunk said:

Doyle has an entire article out right now saying AR isn't ready. I'd say what he produced for a guy that isn't ready turned out a lot better than it did for Luck. Im encouraged about what's ahead if what we watched today is considered not ready.

couldn't have said it better

• Like 2