Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Waiver wire pick ups discussion (MERGE) Title Updated pg 10.

GoColts8818

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

You really want your number 3 receiver doing kickoffs when there is no depth behind them?

There aren't many returns anymore, and the league wants even less, so maybe they're getting a jump and preemptively banning returns by Indy lmao

Hey, Strachan also to PS....so three guys on there now.

You really want your number 3 receiver doing kickoffs when there is no depth behind them?

That’s not what you asked.

I also expect a couple of guys on PS to be elevated or signed outright once they decide who the best couple of them are.

12 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Do colts even have a kick returner? 

if Flowers is starting I don't think they should use him there. and I don't think they should use Downs either. I don't think Downs is that great at kick and punt returns. we do need something else!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I like the analogy Jemez just said on the radio. Colts feel like a team full of expansion team players lol.

when you think about it, it’s true lol.  At this point, what is our identity?  We’re almost as vanilla as it gets outside of a raw freakish qb. We have so much potential if the players we think are going to pan out will pan out, but on paper…we’re just meh. Lol

Just now, OLD FAN MAN said:

we may be in a deal for a real receiver for jt

I hope so, people have figured out how to stop me on madden lol.  MPJ isn’t good enough to beat the other team best corner, McKenzie has speed but not really good route running, and Pierce can get open with his speed but any contested catch deep he drops it…if AR isn’t overthrowing him.  Which is very weird because the deep ball is/was ARs bread and butter.  Wonder why madden made his deep ball accuracy so low.

Just now, smittywerb said:

when you think about it, it’s true lol.  At this point, what is our identity?  We’re almost as vanilla as it gets outside of a raw freakish qb. We have so much potential if the players we think are going to pan out will pan out, but on paper…we’re just meh. Lol

I like our QB and our top 3 WR. I like our tight ends too. But the depth is horrific all over this team. I don’t know who half these players are.

• Like 1

I like our QB and our top 3 WR. I like our tight ends too. But the depth is horrific all over this team. I don’t know who half these players are.

regarding the WRs, the potential is there but we haven’t seen it pop yet.  I like them too, for what they can be.  But right now they’re unknowns.  And if pierces season is like his preseason, we’re doomed.

I like our tight ends also but again, see above.  The one we think can become something special is hurt, Granson looked good but IS he good?, and mo is pretty much an extra OL atp.  Once again, on paper, it’s just meh.

and agreed on the depth.  Maybe they’re using the waiver wire for depth but still it worries

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, smittywerb said:

I hope so, people have figured out how to stop me on madden lol.  MPJ isn’t good enough to beat the other team best corner, McKenzie has speed but not really good route running, and Pierce can get open with his speed but any contested catch deep he drops it…if AR isn’t overthrowing him.  Which is very weird because the deep ball is/was ARs bread and butter.  Wonder why madden made his deep ball accuracy so low.

what’s your psn or gt ??

• Like 1

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/colts-claim-three-off-waivers

Colts claim three off waivers

...Sills has familiarity with Colts head coach Shane Steichen, as Steichen was Sills’ offensive coordinator last year with the Eagles. Sills appeared in one game for Philadelphia last year after signing with the club as an undrafted free agent out of Oklahoma State.