Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Doyel - Yowsa! Ouch!

Archer

5 hours ago, ShuteAt168 said:

It took me five seconds to find this quote: “We want high character guys that love football, that will hold each other accountable.” You can imagine he said “high football character” but he didn’t. “There’s tons of these examples. At one point after he had been here a while he even said something like Yeah, our locker room culture is good enough we could bring in some guys with troubled pasts. You can look for the direct quote if you want. I’m not even disagreeing with you that it’s a whatever signing but to say it doesn’t go against what CB has preached seems wrong to me. 

Maybe five more seconds and you would have found the context: https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2017/04/19/insider-how-chris-ballard-approaching-his-first-draft/100658924/

To me, it's clear from this quote that Ballard is not suggesting that they won't acquire players who might have had some off field issues. In fact, he's said the opposite. And in his time with the Colts, he's explained his thinking on character several times. As you mentioned, he's talked about the development of the locker room culture, as it relates to bringing in a guy with some issues, and as it relates to signing high cost free agents. I don't know how anyone could have listened to Chris Ballard talk all these years and come away with the impression that he would not acquire a player who has had problems off the field.

And more on topic, even if a person still concludes that Ballard is being hypocritical by signing a depth level veteran in late July, how is that relevant in a discussion about the quality of the roster?

• Like 1

It was an ok article.  A lot of fluff but there is some truth to over half of it. Personally don’t prefer these pessimistic type of articles and this was no exception.  I do think it caters to a large group of more casual Colts fans that have lost patience with the team. I expect more like this for a couple years until the Colts are competitive again. 

Honestly, I don't think Doyel is wrong. We aren't serious about winning this year. We are serious about developing Anthony Richardson (whether he starts or not), and if we win games, it's a bonus. I somewhat like the team (besides the secondary), but tbh, Taylor is far from a guarantee to play at this point, Richardson is no guarantee to be good yet (although there are positive signs), and the receiving core is a bit questionable still after Pittman and even Woods has development to go at TE. The O-Line was terrible last year and is largely the same, and that's just the offense. We have a weak secondary, and there's no guarantee Leonard will be 100% ever again. The only thing that's close to a guarantee to be dominant is the D-Line IMO.

This team could easily get last place in the division and possibly last in the entire AFC with a worse-case scenario. Doyel isn't being a contrarian. He's stating the majority opinion and is probably right here.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Superman said:

Maybe five more seconds and you would have found the context: https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2017/04/19/insider-how-chris-ballard-approaching-his-first-draft/100658924/

To me, it's clear from this quote that Ballard is not suggesting that they won't acquire players who might have had some off field issues. In fact, he's said the opposite. And in his time with the Colts, he's explained his thinking on character several times. As you mentioned, he's talked about the development of the locker room culture, as it relates to bringing in a guy with some issues, and as it relates to signing high cost free agents. I don't know how anyone could have listened to Chris Ballard talk all these years and come away with the impression that he would not acquire a player who has had problems off the field.

And more on topic, even if a person still concludes that Ballard is being hypocritical by signing a depth level veteran in late July, how is that relevant in a discussion about the quality of the roster?

He’s definitely hypocritical. We’ll have to disagree. The article is blocked for me now but I think his point was that the roster building is strange when you’re getting rid of DBs but then scraping the bottom of the barrel for a guy like this. So kind of a where the Colts are and how they got there. Anyways, good discussion. 

55 minutes ago, Jackie Daytona said:

Yeah, but using similar logic, The OL is filled with all world talent at a majority of spots, and is largely the same.

I agree, but Kelly hasn't been the same since his baby passed, Nelson has dealt with injuries, we still have a hole at RG until proven otherwise. Raimann may be the answer at LT, and Smith is solid, but that's a lot of question marks based on recent sample size. You are assuming they will be back at full form next year and everything goes right. I hope you're right but i don't see it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

, and the receiving core is a bit questionable still after Pittman and even Woods has development to go at TE. The O-Line was terrible last year and is largely the same, and that's just the offense. We have a weak secondary, and there's no guarantee Leonard will be 100% ever again.

Yeah, this is taking the most pessimistic view of each of these position groups.  Pittman/Pierce/Downs has as much talent as any team in our division.  This same OL may have been bad last year on average, as we played with a RG and LT who failed, followed by replacements completing unplanned OJT.  By the end they were good.  Not just “passable”, but good.  And the secondary has a lot of young investments who can sep up, if we give them a chance…

7 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Honestly, I don't think Doyel is wrong. We aren't serious about winning this year. We are serious about developing Anthony Richardson (whether he starts or not), and if we win games, it's a bonus. I somewhat like the team (besides the secondary), but tbh, Taylor is far from a guarantee to play at this point, Richardson is no guarantee to be good yet (although there are positive signs), and the receiving core is a bit questionable still after Pittman and even Woods has development to go at TE. The O-Line was terrible last year and is largely the same, and that's just the offense. We have a weak secondary, and there's no guarantee Leonard will be 100% ever again. The only thing that's close to a guarantee to be dominant is the D-Line IMO.

This team could easily get last place in the division and possibly last in the entire AFC with a worse-case scenario. Doyel isn't being a contrarian. He's stating the majority opinion and is probably right here.

The bolded part is definitely true, but I’d word it as The Colts are more serious about developing AR than they are about winning.  

Sure, they want to win but they’re obviously not doing everything in their power (get experienced CBs, pay JT, etc.) to win now.  It’s more important that their future franchise QB develops.

What concerns me is - are they doing everything to help AR?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

The bolded part is definitely true, but I’d word it as The Colts are more serious about developing AR than they are about winning.  

Sure, they want to win but they’re obviously not doing everything in their power (get experienced CBs, pay JT, etc.) to win now.  It’s more important that their future franchise QB develops.

What concerns me is - are they doing everything to help AR?  

Yeah it is the way people word things that is very important, especially when in the media. I seriously doubt if you ask any Colts player (who is a professional at their craft), hey are you serious about winning this season? That player would probably look at you and think you are insane or laugh. I know I would. While it is very important to develop AR, I am pretty sure the team still wants to win as well. 

I also am one that doesn't think we are as devoid of talent as Doyel or some others think. Pittman isn't chopped liver, Nelson and Leonard both seem healthy and they are All-Pro players, Taylor if he plays is at worse a Top 3 RB in the league. AR is also an all-world athlete. I will stick with my 8-8-1 prediction. Some of the close games we lost last year, we will win some of those. We are also in a weak division. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Doyel is a negative contrarian rear end, after reading the article I had to do this homer simpson GIF

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah it is the way people word things that is very important, especially when in the media. I seriously doubt if you ask any Colts player (who is a professional at their craft), hey are you serious about winning this season? That player would probably look at you and think you are insane or laugh. I know I would. While it is very important to develop AR, I am pretty sure the team still wants to win as well. 

I also am one that doesn't think we are as devoid of talent as Doyel or some others think. Pittman isn't chopped liver, Nelson and Leonard both seem healthy and they are All-Pro players, Taylor if he plays is at worse a Top 3 RB in the league. AR is also an all-world athlete. I will stick with my 8-8-1 prediction. Some of the close games we lost last year, we will win some of those. We are also in a weak division. 

If the Oline is truly back, then I think the offense can be special - with or without JT.  If you listened to Reggie compare AR to AL on Bowen's show, and if what he says is in fact true, the Colts could be as good as that 2012 team.

What has to concern everyone is the D.  I think the CBs could be good given time.  But the rookies have missed so much, it's going to be a while before they start playing as a unit should.  The raw talent is definitely there.  The LBs should be very good if Leonard is back to form.  The interior D line is top notch. 

But will we have a pass rush from the outside guys?  Has Ebukam even practiced yet?  Are we counting on Kwitty too much?

To be clear though, I'm not anywhere near as negative as Doyle.  I'm super excited for this season.

• Like 1

I think Doyel is extreme in his view of this roster. But this is still a 4-win team that just drafted like 12 rookies. including a raw QB. They also lost their 3 best DBs from last year from a secondary that was about middle of the pack. And the defense is what kept this team in games last year.

They are clearly in rebuilding mode, which is why I think this team has as good of a chance at picking #1-2 next year as any team out there. Right now, Vegas has only two teams with worse odds to make the SB.

But what I don't get is the outrage from Doyel. Just seems forced or fake. What they are doing is necessary. I might disagree with Ballard being the one to do it, but it had to be done. 

6 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

If the Oline is truly back, then I think the offense can be special - with or without JT.  If you listened to Reggie compare AR to AL on Bowen's show, and if what he says is in fact true, the Colts could be as good as that 2012 team.

What has to concern everyone is the D.  I think the CBs could be good given time.  But the rookies have missed so much, it's going to be a while before they start playing as a unit should.  The raw talent is definitely there.  The LBs should be very good if Leonard is back to form.  The interior D line is top notch. 

But will we have a pass rush from the outside guys?  Has Ebukam even practiced yet?  Are we counting on Kwitty too much?

To be clear though, I'm not anywhere near as negative as Doyle.  I'm super excited for this season.

Wasn't Reggie the one comparing Matt Ryan to Peyton Manning just a year ago? I take a lot of what Reggie says with a grain of salt, as he is a current employee.

Luck threw 627 passes as a rookie. Even if AR plays the whole season, I wouldn't be surprised if he has 200 less PAs...even with the extra game. It will just be a very different offense, so I don't really see the comp.

Plus, the 2012 team had Reggie playing at a HOF level, well beyond anything we have seen from MPJ...and TY, who is better than MPJ or Pierce as well. Plus, Allen and Fleener were there.

That 2012 team just had a much better offense IMO, which allowed them battle back and win games that they probably should have lost. Their Pythagorean win total was 7.2 and their estimated win total (DVOA) was 6.2. But they managed to win 11 games.

I do think this year's defense will be better than 2012...that's for sure. If it's not, the Colts aren't winning many games.

9 hours ago, ShuteAt168 said:

He’s definitely hypocritical. We’ll have to disagree. The article is blocked for me now but I think his point was that the roster building is strange when you’re getting rid of DBs but then scraping the bottom of the barrel for a guy like this. So kind of a where the Colts are and how they got there. Anyways, good discussion. 

Yeah, good discussion. Just want to key in on the bolded, though, because it's the main reason I think the criticism is invalid. They were already committed to going young at DB, which is partly why Gilmore and Facyson are gone, and they didn't sign any vet DBs to fill those spots. Instead, they drafted three corners. The strategy is obvious.

No one is talking about Al-Quadin Muhammad as a meaningful camp addition. He signed a few days before Lammons, and no one cares because he's a camp body. Just one of about 50 guys competing for the final 10-15 roster spots. The only difference is Lammons had an off field issue. Neither signing says anything roster strategy. Which is why I don't think the Lammons commentary is even topical when you're talking about roster quality. It's only included in Doyel's article because it's another way for Doyel to be critical. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Archer said:

Yeah, this is taking the most pessimistic view of each of these position groups.  Pittman/Pierce/Downs has as much talent as any team in our division.  This same OL may have been bad last year on average, as we played with a RG and LT who failed, followed by replacements completing unplanned OJT.  By the end they were good.  Not just “passable”, but good.  And the secondary has a lot of young investments who can sep up, if we give them a chance…

Not just at WR, but I think JAC certainly has more overall receiving talent. Ridley was a top 5 WR before the mental issues and suspension. And Kirk was better than MPJ last season. Zay Jones is a pretty good WR3 as well. Plus, they have a pass catching weapon in Etienne and Engram at TE.

After that, it's probably a toss-up, though I would give TEN the nod as the best remaining duo with DHop and Burks. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

Not just at WR, but I think JAC certainly has more overall receiving talent. Ridley was a top 5 WR before the mental issues and suspension. And Kirk was better than MPJ last season. Zay Jones is a pretty good WR3 as well. Plus, they have a pass catching weapon in Etienne and Engram at TE.

After that, it's probably a toss-up, though I would give TEN the nod as the best remaining duo with DHop and Burks. 

Very hard for me, as I’m an eternal optimist (especially when it comes to the Colts), but I see MPJ/AP/JD as a dead heat with Jax.  Sure, their guys had more production with Lawrence throwing to them, but I’d take our guys this year.  And the rest in AFCS is behind us…

3 minutes ago, Archer said:

Very hard for me, as I’m an eternal optimist (especially when it comes to the Colts), but I see MPJ/AP/JD as a dead heat with Jax.  Sure, their guys had more production with Lawrence throwing to them, but I’d take our guys this year.  And the rest in AFCS is behind us…

It's Jacksonville, and I don't even think it's close. We'd need a big jump in production from Pittman and Pierce for them to be even close to Kirk and Ridley. And Downs is a rookie, while Zay Jones can give you a modest but reliable 70-80 catches for 800 yards.

I think we have some potential upside, but until it's realized, I have the Jags pass catchers (including backs and TEs) ahead of the Colts, easily.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Superman said:

It's Jacksonville, and I don't even think it's close. We'd need a big jump in production from Pittman and Pierce for them to be even close to Kirk and Ridley. And Downs is a rookie, while Zay Jones can give you a modest but reliable 70-80 catches for 800 yards.

I think we have some potential upside, but until it's realized, I have the Jags pass catchers (including backs and TEs) ahead of the Colts, easily.

You forgot Evan Engram too that would be Top 5 amongst the league TEs based on last year. Our TEs aren't in the same league, yet. With Pederson at the helm, Jaguars can keep up with the best, scoring wise this year with Ridley back.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

It seems like folks forget about pass catching backs and TEs. :)  The Jaguars probably will create more mismatches in the passing game. The true question is, when teams play pass, can they run well with their OL? That is typically the situation that a young high octane offense in the passing game (think Chiefs, Bills etc.) are tested with.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shasta519 said:

Wasn't Reggie the one comparing Matt Ryan to Peyton Manning just a year ago? I take a lot of what Reggie says with a grain of salt, as he is a current employee.

Luck threw 627 passes as a rookie. Even if AR plays the whole season, I wouldn't be surprised if he has 200 less PAs...even with the extra game. It will just be a very different offense, so I don't really see the comp.

Plus, the 2012 team had Reggie playing at a HOF level, well beyond anything we have seen from MPJ...and TY, who is better than MPJ or Pierce as well. Plus, Allen and Fleener were there.

That 2012 team just had a much better offense IMO, which allowed them battle back and win games that they probably should have lost. Their Pythagorean win total was 7.2 and their estimated win total (DVOA) was 6.2. But they managed to win 11 games.

I do think this year's defense will be better than 2012...that's for sure. If it's not, the Colts aren't winning many games.

I couldn't condense everything Reggie said, but he basically said what you're saying.  When he compared AR to AL he was saying they both had good and bad days in camp.  It surprised me to hear that Luck had some practices that were so bad he could see the steam coming out of Arians head.  But he said they both learned quickly from their errors. 

And he made the same point you did, that Luck had Reggie, a guy who was a veteran in the league - his goto guy.  It remains to be seen who that's going to be for AR.

As far as defense comparisons - didn't that 2012 year still have Mathis and Freeney?  We have Kwity, some tweeners and a guy who hasn't practiced on the D line.  And I'm pretty sure 2012 had some experience in the D backfield.  I think this years defense has a lot of potential and good athletes.  But I don't think it's going to be pretty from the jump.

On 8/7/2023 at 11:13 PM, GoColts8818 said:

Why offer before you have too and if you know he will return to form or not?

Why offer ANY player before you have to? Depends on what assumptions you make. A high ankle sprain isn't usually considered a career-altering injury like an ACL or ruptured Achilles, where you're wondering if the player will every be the same again. Taylor ran for 861 yards and 4.5 yards/carry in 2022 DESPITE the injury and missing 6 games. So I don't think there's a question of whether he can return to form. 

If the Colts' plan is to pay him $4M this year, $11M next year, and then $12M the following year on the franchise tag, then why not do right by him and at least offer that same amount as a guarantee on a new contract? 

16 minutes ago, masterlock said:

Why offer ANY player before you have to? Depends on what assumptions you make. A high ankle sprain isn't usually considered a career-altering injury like an ACL or ruptured Achilles, where you're wondering if the player will every be the same again. Taylor ran for 861 yards and 4.5 yards/carry in 2022 DESPITE the injury and missing 6 games. So I don't think there's a question of whether he can return to form. 

If the Colts' plan is to pay him $4M this year, $11M next year, and then $12M the following year on the franchise tag, then why not do right by him and at least offer that same amount as a guarantee on a new contract? 

Your logic is reasonable. 

But if a high ankle sprain isn't serious, why can't Taylor practice yet? Do you think there's a satisfactory answer to that question?

13 minutes ago, Superman said:

But if a high ankle sprain isn't serious, why can't Taylor practice yet? Do you think there's a satisfactory answer to that question?

I still think it's fake. It's either fake or him and his agent are even more delusional than I thought. How does he expect ANY team to give him a new record-setting contract without him even passing a physical after he missed half of last season with that injury? And this is for a player at a position with notoriously short shelf life?!?

Lets say the Colts find a good enough offer for him to decide to trade him. How does that trade go through when he goes to their doctors and can't pass a physical for an injury that was supposed to be healed like... 6 months ago? 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, stitches said:

I still think it's fake. It's either fake or him and his agent are even more delusional than I thought. How does he expect ANY team to give him a new record-setting contract without him even passing a physical after he missed half of last season with that injury? And this is for a player at a position with notoriously short shelf life?!?

Lets say the Colts find a good enough offer for him to decide to trade him. How does that trade go through when he goes to their doctors and can't pass a physical for an injury that was supposed to be healed like... 6 months ago? 

Yeah, that was my next point. Which, for me, is why I wouldn't be offering a new contract right now in the spirit of 'doing right by Taylor.' If he's manipulating his injury situation as a ploy, I'm not rewarding that behavior. And if he can't give us a good physical, I'm not offering him a new contract.

From where I'm sitting, it seems like Taylor wanted the Colts to open negotiations early in the offseason, and when they didn't, he decided to change agents and play hardball. So, since early spring, the Colts haven't been able to determine whether his ankle is healthy or not. And now it's time for camp, he shows up and still doesn't pass a physical, and is mad because the RB market is getting battered and the Colts still haven't made an offer. So he demands a trade away from the team that would be most likely to give him what he wants, if he just proves he's healthy.

At this point, it would be malpractice for the Colts to capitulate and start negotiating. It would embolden brazen behavior from players in the future. It would also be irresponsible to offer a new contract to a player who claims to still be rehabbing a high ankle sprain several months after a routine operation.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, stitches said:

I think JT does not want to play for the Colts at all...and has thought that for a while... but wants to walk the line as to not lose too much money this year.  I think the contract is only part of it, but I just don't think he's enthused about the SS scheme or his role, for whatever reason.

He's gone to the extreme a bit too quickly.....says he wants $20M, wants a trade....for it to really be a negotiating position for  getting a long term deal with the Colts.  IMO, that smells like a position you take when you DON'T want a new contract with the current team...but you don't say that.

1 hour ago, jvan1973 said:

What are you basing any of this on?  When did he say he wants 20 million?

You remind me of my mother who has alzheimers.   She will have a dream and that becomes facts for her.   You come up with scenarios that only you have presented and present them as fact.  

To be fair, I’m pretty sure I saw a media post in the JT thread saying he wanted $20m as well. We’ve seen rumours of $16m and $20m IIRC. 

55 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

To be fair, I’m pretty sure I saw a media post in the JT thread saying he wanted $20m as well. We’ve seen rumours of $16m and $20m IIRC. 

Does anyone really know what JT wants? It seems to be conjecture. As one poster wrote, sometimes people throw information out there and when the same information is shared enough times, people believe it is a fact. It is not.

I don't believe most people saying that actually know what JT wants.

On 8/8/2023 at 8:40 AM, Jared Cisneros said:

I agree, but Kelly hasn't been the same since his baby passed, Nelson has dealt with injuries, we still have a hole at RG until proven otherwise. Raimann may be the answer at LT, and Smith is solid, but that's a lot of question marks based on recent sample size. You are assuming they will be back at full form next year and everything goes right. I hope you're right but i don't see it.

Illogical 

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

Does anyone really know what JT wants? It seems to be conjecture. As one poster wrote, sometimes people throw information out there and when the same information is shared enough times, people believe it is a fact. It is not.

This is what we have:

I get that it’s all “from sources” but so is everything until it actually happens. This is all we have to go by and no, that doesn’t make it facts, but it is a starting point for a discussion. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

And yet we've got about 5 threads and 600 posts talking about it.  That's okay, normal human social discussion is hardly ever about facts.  If readers enter a forum and expect it to be like an educational class you pay for, well, readers are going to be disappointed.

I would think that most readers would understand that any information Colts related is simply hearsay from second third or more sources.  I don't think anybody on this forum purports themselves to be a Colts Insider, so if a reader reads posts as if the writer is stating fact, that's on the reader.  Don't blame the writer. 

The most direct thing reported about JT that I have read is that he told Irsay he wanted to be traded.  Even that seems like hearsay. 

5 hours ago, Superman said:

That's a valid question. Only the Colts and Taylor know for sure. It's not hard to imagine that the ankle is close to healed, but neither Colts nor Taylor want to risk a setback. Or maybe as long as the contract issue is unresolved Taylor will continue to feel twinges of pain (wink wink). Maybe the continued rehab is a proxy for a holdout, or a convenient way of expressing his displeasure with the contract situation?

2 hours ago, Solid84 said:

This is what we have:

I get that it’s all “from sources” but so is everything until it actually happens. This is all we have to go by and no, that doesn’t make it facts, but it is a starting point for a discussion. 

If even that.  Anyone can get on twitter and say I heard a source say Taylor wants $30 million or whatever crazy number you want.  That’s why I mostly ignore things like this.  If it came from a legit person that would be different but I don’t trust wanna be NFL insiders on twitter.  

How many QBs were “locks” to come to Indy last year before Ryan per many of those “insiders”?  I remember one saying he had a source very high up in the Colts organization saying Baker Mayfield would be a Colt in 24 hours.  Then when Ballard talked it was pretty clear Baker was never a serious option for them.  

Most of these guys either off people who don’t really know anything and call them sources or just make it up.  Frankly they do a lot of damage to legit guys who have real sources and get it from two or three different sources before they report something.  

2 hours ago, Solid84 said:

This is what we have:

Anyone can call themselves a source. There was this Twitter account from a guy who lived somewhere in Israel. He called himself a source. He does not even live or talk to anyone here.

Can you trust a post by someone who uses language like Jason Thomas used. Why do you find it credible?

1 hour ago, masterlock said:

That's a valid question. Only the Colts and Taylor know for sure. It's not hard to imagine that the ankle is close to healed, but neither Colts nor Taylor want to risk a setback. Or maybe as long as the contract issue is unresolved Taylor will continue to feel twinges of pain (wink wink). Maybe the continued rehab is a proxy for a holdout, or a convenient way of expressing his displeasure with the contract situation?

I think that's exactly what it is, and I don't think the Colts should capitulate without Taylor proving he's healthy and can play at a high level.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

If even that.  Anyone can get on twitter and say I heard a source say Taylor wants $30 million or whatever crazy number you want.  That’s why I mostly ignore things like this.  If it came from a legit person that would be different but I don’t trust wanna be NFL insiders on twitter.  

How many QBs were “locks” to come to Indy last year before Ryan per many of those “insiders”?  I remember one saying he had a source very high up in the Colts organization saying Baker Mayfield would be a Colt in 24 hours.  Then when Ballard talked it was pretty clear Baker was never a serious option for them.  

Most of these guys either off people who don’t really know anything and call them sources or just make it up.  Frankly they do a lot of damage to legit guys who have real sources and get it from two or three different sources before they report something.  

4 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Anyone can call themselves a source. There was this Twitter account from a guy who lived somewhere in Israel. He called himself a source. He does not even live or talk to anyone here.

Can you trust a post by someone who uses language like Jason Thomas used. Why do you find it credible?

Like I said, it's a base for discussion. I'm not saying it's facts, but it's all we have. All we know for sure is Taylor doesn't want to play for $4.3m and Ballard and co. aren't ready to pay him until they've seen him with the new offense. Everything else is rumour based or pure speculation. If we can't discuss on those premises there're quite a few threads that's needs closing at this point.