Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay and $20 million

bluephantom87

It has been reported that Jim is spending his own money to help airlift Lolita the orca (whose been at a Florida aquarium for over 50 yrs) to be released near her home waters close to the Puget sound to live out the remainder of her life. Well on the Carton show this morning they blasted and made fun of Irsay for wanting to spend $20 million to quote "move a FISH from one pond to another." Say what you want but Jim is one interesting dude. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Dark Superman said:

Not sure how long the whale's been held in captivity, but if it's been many years, it's probably better off staying in captivity. It won't last very long out in the wild.

It won’t be in the wild. It will be in a protected area with its pod. 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Jackie Daytona said:

Not a protected area.... They just track the pod. 

They are building a netted sanctuary for this whale.

29 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I am still trying to figure out how you get a whale from Miami go WA state lol.

A very large aircraft

52 minutes ago, Dark Superman said:

Not sure how long the whale's been held in captivity, but if it's been many years, it's probably better off staying in captivity. It won't last very long out in the wild.

She's been in captivity since the 70s. I believe she is the second-longest orca in captivity. But also has been in the smallest enclosure as well.

2 hours ago, bluephantom87 said:

It has been reported that Jim is spending his own money to help airlift Lolita the orca (whose been at a Florida aquarium for over 50 yrs) to be released near her home waters close to the Puget sound to live out the remainder of her life. Well on the Carton show this morning they blasted and made fun of Irsay for wanting to spend $20 million to quote "move a FISH from one pond to another." Say what you want but Jim is one interesting dude. 

The Rock Eye Roll GIF by WWE

when won’t they try and clown on Irsay…? 

• Like 1

Of all the things to blast Irsay for ... THIS is the one they choose. :facepalm: 

Although, to be fair it seems like people have Irsay as some sort of an easy target nowadays so they kind of attack him for anything and everything around the Colts. Anything they don't like about what the Colts are doing they put it on Irsay. I still have no idea how and why the current impasse is on Irsay. This is on the football decision-makers and on Taylor and his representation. Irsay had some weird statements , but they are all after % had hit the fan in the talks between Taylor and the Colts about the extension.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I am still trying to figure out how you get a whale from Miami go WA state lol.

Ever seen a C5?

11 minutes ago, Superman said:

Wait, is this being presented as a negative thing by someone?

Yes. Media is shredding him for it as are some on this thread…

43 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Yes. Media is shredding him for it as are some on this thread…

An animal needs to be moved, but the operation is cost prohibitive. Someone steps in to foot the bill, now the operation can proceed.

What's the problem here???

Please don't tell me people are saying Irsay is fine spending $20m to move an orca, but won't pay Jonathan Taylor. Please tell me people are smarter than that...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

49 minutes ago, Superman said:

An animal needs to be moved, but the operation is cost prohibitive. Someone steps in to foot the bill, now the operation can proceed.

Please don't tell me people are saying Irsay is fine spending $20m to move an orca, but won't pay Jonathan Taylor. Please tell me people are smarter than that...

That’s exactly the phrase they’re kicking around

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Doesn’t it have to be in water lol. 

Again, C5. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Superman said:

Don't under estimate the stupidity of some people.  As a friend of mine says, "stupid finds a way."

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shasta519 said:

She's been in captivity since the 70s. I believe she is the second-longest orca in captivity. But also has been in the smallest enclosure as well.

Poor thing! She deserves to live out the rest of her life in comfort conditions. The story behind Keiko the killer whale from Free Willy broke my heart when they released him into the wild after being held captive for like 25 years. His former pod was gone and he would be seen hundreds of yards away from other pods watching the other killer whales interact while he was all alone. People started to ignore him because they wanted him to adapt and be able to hunt on his own which was heartbreaking finding out they found him dead all alone in the middle of the ocean. Poor guy.

5 hours ago, Superman said:

Or Free Willy...

Only if their plan was to free him back into the wild. But knowing they're keeping her in captivity while upgrading his living conditions is the best thing they could do for her. Jim Irsay has his moments but the guy has a heart of gold.

15 minutes ago, Dark Superman said:

Poor thing! She deserves to live out the rest of her life in comfort conditions. The story behind Keiko the killer whale from Free Willy broke my heart when they released him into the wild after being held captive for like 25 years. His former pod was gone and he would be seen hundreds of yards away from other pods watching the other killer whales interact while he was all alone. People started to ignore him because they wanted him to adapt and be able to hunt on his own which was heartbreaking finding out they found him dead all alone in the middle of the ocean. Poor guy.

Never heard that story. Had to go look it up. Wow

1 hour ago, Dark Superman said:

Bruh...

You have ruined my day. You really are Dark Superman.