Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ANTHONY RICHARDSON IS SIGNED - SEALED - DELIVERED!!

sb41champs

The young man is set for life already.  That was a great 13 game investment for him.

$21,000,000 invested at only 2% interest yields $420,000 of annual income.  Probably puts him in the top 5% of annual income in the USA.

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, DougDew said:

The young man is set for life already.  That was a great 13 game investment for him.

$21,000,000 invested at only 2% interest yields $420,000 of annual income.  Probably puts him in the top 5% of annual income in the USA.

About 14 million after taxes.  Then 3% to his agent.   I'm not sure if that 3% is before or after taxes.  Still a nice payday for only playing 1 year in college

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

About 14 million after taxes.  Then 3% to his agent.   I'm not sure if that 3% is before or after taxes.  Still a nice payday for only playing 1 year in college

That is also a case of "striking while the iron is hot" and why he started only 1 year in college. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

"That was a great 13 game investment for him".

I guess but he got what any 4th pick would have got in reality + he is a QB. That is a lot of money to the average person but for football players it is peanuts. That is how the world is, someone like Britney Spears net worth is 60 Mill or Beyonce is worth over 500 Mill just because they have 2 or 3 songs that stood out and can dance and look cute for example.

16 hours ago, csmopar said:

I missed that. That’s some sheer craziness

Why yes, it isn't news to some NFL Followers.

And they are drafted high because they are expected to be very good someday. And they will be playing for QB chump change for 4 years.

So NO, guaranteeing for this position is a very good deal for the franchise.

You are consistent if nothing else. Go Colts!

29 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Good point.  Lets say $10M @ 2% is $200,000 a year.  

14 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

"That was a great 13 game investment for him".

I guess but he got what any 4th pick would have got in reality + he is a QB. That is a lot of money to the average person but for football players it is peanuts. That is how the world is, someone like Britney Spears net worth is 60 Mill or Beyonce is worth over 500 Mill just because they have 2 or 3 songs that stood out and can dance and look cute for example.

But AR worked one season and started 13 games.  Spears/Beyonce have at least worked for decades, and they didn't get rich BEFORE they performed their first song.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, DougDew said:

But AR worked one season and started 13 games.  Spears/Beyonce have at least worked for decades, and they didn't get rich BEFORE they performed their first song.

My guess is AR has been playing football since he was probably 7 or 8 years old in different leagues up through HighSchool, etc... He worked hard to get the body he has and athleticism he has. You also have to be smart to play QB = studying play books. It is not like he worked 1 season. Also my Mom and Step-Dad combined salaries before they retired 7 years ago was right at 300,000 dollars a year. I just don't think what AR just got paid is that mind blowing. That is just my opinion. Mind blowing to me is when someone like Daniel Jones makes 40 Mill a year, 92 Mill was guaranteed, and sign on bonus was 36 Mill and he is an average QB.

And yes, what Spears and Beyonce have got paid is pretty ridiculous on any scale for not even being near the top of their profession. Neither could carry Whitney Houston's Bra Strap as far as singing voice.

2 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

Why yes, it isn't news to some NFL Followers.

And they are drafted high because they are expected to be very good someday. And they will be playing for QB chump change for 4 years.

So NO, guaranteeing for this position is a very good deal for the franchise.

You are consistent if nothing else. Go Colts!

I’m not sure what you mean by “you are consistent if nothing else”? Is that supposed to be some veiled attempt at an insult?

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

My guess is AR has been playing football since he was probably 7 or 8 years old in different leagues up through HighSchool, etc... He worked hard to get the body he has and athleticism he has. You also have to be smart to play QB = studying play books. It is not like he worked 1 season. Also my Mom and Step-Dad combined salaries before they retired 7 years ago was right at 300,000 dollars a year. I just don't think what AR just got paid is that mind blowing. That is just my opinion. Mind blowing to me is when someone like Daniel Jones makes 40 Mill a year, 92 Mill was guaranteed, and sign on bonus was 36 Mill and he is an average QB.

And yes, what Spears and Beyonce have got paid is pretty ridiculous on any scale for not even being near the top of their profession. Neither could carry Whitney Houston's Bra Strap as far as singing voice.

And Spears was probably singing and dancing as a kid since she was 4, but she didn't get paid until she actually had a hit.  Your comparison doesn't work.

The amount of the guaranteed money comes with pick 4.  What makes it wacky is a GM picking a player with that kind of experience at pick 4. 

Oh, well, we all know Ballard had to swing for the fences.  Gamble your way to success if you have to.

17 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

I just think he needs too much work and the success rate of those kinds of players is low

He was just drafted younger than pretty much everyone else so his college career looks bad.  Guys like Luck, Burrow, Allen all had a year in college with low completion % too.   no one talks about those seasons because they stayed and did well later

AR was drafted young and didnt get that chance.  there will be first round picks taken 2-3 years from now that are older.

On 7/25/2023 at 9:05 AM, DougDew said:

On 7/25/2023 at 10:02 AM, jvan1973 said:

If he plays commensurate to what is reasonably expected of a quarterback drafted where he was, his next 4-5 year contract will probably be north of $300 million.

3 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

If he plays commensurate to what is reasonably expected of a quarterback drafted where he was, his next 4-5 year contract will probably be north of $300 million.

I hope he plays well enough to get it 

9 hours ago, Lancer1 said:

There is no doubt that AR was drafted, and therefore paid, based upon expectations rather than based upon evidenced production, even more so than your typical draft pick.