Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts have 4th pick (Official Discussion Thread)

danlhart87

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

This is so massive for Colts now there isn't a reason to trade up to 1

It is, if they don't want the Texans to grab their QB and are not convinced about Levis and Richardson.

Plus, there is no guarantee we will be anywhere this close in the future to pull off a trade without losing a future No.1

Just now, chad72 said:

It is, if they don't want the Texans to grab their QB.

Colts have more leverage now and Ballard tends to make offers and not raise them. 

Stroud simply coming back pretty much confirms 1 of the 3 could be there and if you feel strongly enough trade up to 2 or 3 to get someone. 

5 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Might be the only way they don't give up a future No.1.

We chastised them for not taking a swing at it, so we have to roll with it and support them when they DO take a swing at it, IMO.

@Defjamz26 and I are on the same page with the bolded.

Well, it says a "bevy" of draft picks, and I didn't see anything that ruled out future picks. 

Depending upon who they want and how it plays out, they still might have to trade up, but now they have bargaining power.  The Bears could now reasonably believe the Colts would just stay at #4 or deal with Arizona instead.  With two QBs, you would have been at their mercy.

1 minute ago, masterlock said:

Well, it says a "bevy" of draft picks, and I didn't see anything that ruled out future picks. 

Future picks not involving a No.1 is typically implying future No.2 and/or No.3 but not a No.1 if "players" are involved.

1 minute ago, #12. said:

Depending upon who they want and how it plays out, they still might have to trade up, but now they have bargaining power.  The Bears could now reasonably believe the Colts would just stay at #4 or deal with Arizona instead.  With two QBs, you would have been at their mercy.

No matter what, if they get the QB THEY want, I will support them, trade or not. 

1 minute ago, #12. said:

ballard may not buy the hype on these 3 and have someone else in mind

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

It is, if they don't want the Texans to grab their QB and are not convinced about Levis and Richardson.

Plus, there is no guarantee we will be anywhere this close in the future to pull off a trade without losing a future No.1

if the colts want levis i dont think they have to trade up .    the only threat would be a team trading for 3 with cardinals  .   if the seahawks trade up for young and the texans take stroud   then the cardinals will miss out on the two elite defenders if they trade back to the raiders or past that .     the bears will scoop up one at 5 and the lions will also .     i think we are fine if we want levis but if we want young or stroud we have to trade up

To me its Young>Stroud>>>Levis.  Will wasnt even very good in college and that would scare me as a top 4 pick.  

The cons- Bryce is small, CJ could be mediocre and Will may never be any good period

Pros- Bryce is really talented already and could put a team in win now mode.  CJ has a pretty good floor and is unlikely to be down right bad.  Levis has the tools to be great

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

They probably still need to move up to one to prevent another team from taking QB at one but this gives them so many more options.

i dont think we do the other threat is the cardinals trading back but they would lose out of generational picks if they trade past 6 so unless the raiders or other teams are gonna give two or 3 first for levis who isnt even a generational QB   we are good

1 minute ago, BlackTiger said:

To me its Young>Stroud>>>Levis.  Will wasnt even very good in college and that would scare me as a top 4 pick.  

The cons- Bryce is small, CJ could be mediocre and Will may never be any good period

Pros- Bryce is really talented already and could put a team in win now mode.  CJ has a pretty good floor and is unlikely to be down right bad.  Levis has the tools to be great

since there is no generational QB and all have flaws why would you even trade up then ?   stay at 4 and take who falls to us i doubt someone trades multiple firsts with the cardinals to pass us for levis who has some flaws .  take who falls to us at 4 dont trade up and you keep your 2024 pick so if our new QB is horrible we have a top 3 pick next year with much better QB prospects

We are definitely trading up.  It's just the price won't be as steep as if he stayed.  You think Ballard is going to stay at four and hope the guy he wants falls?  Not me.  I don't think Ballard is a gambling man.  He's going to move up to get him.  I would not be surprised if the trade gets finalized pretty quickly now. 

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

if colts don’t want young they still need to move up. Because stroud and Levis could go before they pick. Arizona could trade down along with Chicago.

young will not go in the top 10 he is too small for the nfl, he is good in college but imo way too small

1 minute ago, coming on strong said:

i dont think we do the other threat is the cardinals trading back but they would lose out of generational picks if they trade past 6 so unless the raiders or other teams are gonna give two or 3 first for levis who isnt even a generational QB   we are good

Cardinals need to get Anderson or Carter if they want to catch up with the 49ers. I really think they’d be making a mistake to trade back. But money and capital talk…

Just now, Defjamz26 said:

I’ve heard rumors that the Raiders like Levis and Panthers want Stroud. Might be a reason to still trade up. A week ago I thought we were fine at 4. 

They probably do. The free agency period with all the QB moves will really determine what happens. If the Raiders go full stupidity they’ll get Brady. 

Just now, coming on strong said:

since there is no generational QB and all have flaws why would you even trade up then ?   stay at 4 and take who falls to us 

Can't see Ballard taking Young, so it depends on how it plays out.  You're only interested in two and both might be gone in the first two picks.  We have to get to the combine and see where it goes.

1 minute ago, coming on strong said:

since there is no generational QB and all have flaws why would you even trade up then ?   stay at 4 and take who falls to us i doubt someone trades multiple firsts with the cardinals to pass us for levis who has some flaws .  take who falls to us at 4 dont trade up and you keep your 2024 pick so if our new QB is horrible we have a top 3 pick next year with much better QB prospects

with the talent level we now have we will have the number one pick in 2024 unless ballard signs some skill position game changers

1 minute ago, Defjamz26 said:

I’ve heard rumors that the Raiders like Levis and Panthers want Stroud. Might be a reason to still trade up. A week ago I thought we were fine at 4. 

worst case we should only trade up one spot to 3  then we are a lock to get one of the three QBs moving up one spot is  much cheaper .   the jets gave up 2 second round picks in 2018 to move up three spots from 6 to 3 .     i dont think a team is gonna give up multiple first rounders to go up to get levis

4 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

I have not said much about trading up because I'm on the fence about it.  I could see going either way or making a trade to 3 instead of 1

There are not a lot of teams that could reasonably jump ahead of us but there are a couple that can if they really want to.  Id rather make a small trade to 3 than get left with Will at 4.

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

That’s why a trade up is necessary. Depends on how far bears wanted to fall down.

you do not give up a 2024 first though we will feel sick if we get a top 3 pick next year and have no firsts .   much better draft class for QBS next year  .  jets gave up two seconds to the colts to move up from 6 to 3 in 2018 .    we can trade two second round picks with the cardinals .  i just dont wanna move up to one now that stroud declared

Archived