Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts have 4th pick (Official Discussion Thread)

danlhart87

22 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Luck was .500 outside of his division. Made me want to throw up with his inabiity to hit open guys right in front of him accurately, held onto the ball to look for deep throws and got his * pounded for it. Won too many games with his legs and got pounded for it.

He probably would have been good enough to win SB, if he had the brains to get the ball out of his hands. But, he didn't so he had to QUIT!

As i recall he missed the last part of his final season with a calf injury.

And his final show was bouncing up and down on the sidelines showing his calf was good enough to play. He was mocking the game, fans, Irsay, etc.

And he quit, he lost heart, he took the $$$ and ran. 

He should have played smarter!

Outside of the division Luck beat the Chiefs, Broncos and Bengals in the playoffs. He also beat teams like the Seahawks and 49ers in the regular season when those teams were great. This narrative he couldn't win games outside of the division is just being nitpicky just because he couldn't beat the greatest dynasty of all-time lmao .

What I don't understand about some in here, why is it when Tennessee wins the division, they are great, Tannehill is good, Vrabel walks on water but when we won it with Luck, it was the division was weak. Well the division was trash when Tennessee won it as well = facts. The Jags and Texans sucked in 2020 and 2021. 

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Go look at a pic of him in college compared to now Think About It GIF by Identity

Just to get this straight.  You think there was a conspiracy at the combine to have Hurts weigh more than he did?

The number of people inside the NFL and out (docs, weight certification people, etc.) would have been astounding.  My Grandpa always claimed that the lunar landings were fake.  He said he'd seen landscape like that down by Paducah.

@ShuteAt168can confirm that Louden Swain beat the weigh ins before squaring up with Brian Schute.  Cootz told him to "Think Light" and it worked. 

Maybe Hurts thought heavy?

13 minutes ago, Nickster said:

Just to get this straight.  You think there was a conspiracy at the combine to have Hurts weigh more than he did?

The number of people inside the NFL and out (docs, weight certification people, etc.) would have been astounding.  My Grandpa always claimed that the lunar landings were fake.  He said he'd seen landscape like that down by Paducah.

Yeah just like when the NBA said Charles Barkley was 6'6 coming out and he was really only 6'4, NFL and NBA never lie. Drew Brees is listed at 6'0, he isn't even close to 6'0, I know this because I have met him in person, he is more like 5'10 my uncle is a legit 5'10 and stood up next to him and they were the same HT lmao . Hakeem was actually only 6'10 but the NBA always said he was 7'0. Those leagues fudge numbers all the time. All you have to do is look at a pic from a player in college and then once they have been in the pro's for a year on how they gain muscle mass. Pretty simple. Believe what you want, I read the National Inquirer as well Homer Simpson Laughing GIF by FOX TV- not all players gain weight as I stated earlier because they want to get thinner due to wanting to be faster but most put on weight and the NFL and NBA exaggerate HT and WT's all the time.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah just like when the NBA said Charles Barkley was 6'6 coming out and he was really only 6'4, NFL and NBA never lie. Drew Brees is listed at 6'0, he isn't even close to 6'0, I know this because I have met him in person, he is more like 5'10 my uncle is a legit 5'10 and stood up next to him and they were the same HT lmao . Hakeem was actually only 6'10 but the NBA always said he was 7'0. Those leagues fudge numbers all the time. All you have to do is look at a pic from a player in college and then once they have been in the pro's for a year on how they gain muscle mass. Pretty simple. Believe what you want, I read the National Inquirer as well Homer Simpson Laughing GIF by FOX TV- not all players gain weight as I stated earlier because they want to get thinner due to wanting to be faster but most put on weight and the NFL and NBA exaggerate HT and WT's all the time.

It's amazing how a guy can stand there naked except for some skivvies and weight 20 lbs heavier on a digital scale in front of hundreds of people.  And the other thing is that he is apparently the only one who weighed heavy or everyone else weighed 20 lbs heavier than they actually are and no one in the league noticed.  

Wow.

It looks like Colts fans don't have to worry about the Colts trading their 4th pick as part of a deal for Derek Carr. Zac Keefer of The Athletic is reporting that the Colts are not interested in trading for Derek Carr this year. I am paraphrasing but the suggestion is that Jim Irsay does not want to spend draft capital to trade for a veteran QB again. The statement does suggest the Colts would be interested in Carr if he is released by the Raiders.

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/report_one_qb_needy_team_not_interested_in_derek_carr_trade/s1_127_38346361

Just now, philba101 said:

It looks like Colts fans don't have to worry about the Colts trading their 4th pick as part of a deal for Derek Carr. Zac Keefer of The Athletic is reporting that the Colts are not interested in trading for Derek Carr this year. I am paraphrasing but the suggestion is that Jim Irsay does not want to spend draft capital to trade for a veteran QB again. The statement does suggest the Colts would be interested in Carr if he is released by the Raiders.

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/report_one_qb_needy_team_not_interested_in_derek_carr_trade/s1_127_38346361

Yeah keefer had been saying for weeks he was told they would not be going the vet route. He always gives little tidbits on his podcast. That says right there they are drafting a QB with that first pick.

7 minutes ago, Nickster said:

It's amazing how a guy can stand there naked except for some skivvies and weight 20 lbs heavier on a digital scale in front of hundreds of people.  And the other thing is that he is apparently the only one who weighed heavy or everyone else weighed 20 lbs heavier than they actually are and no one in the league noticed.  

Wow.

It's funny how when you look at a pic of Hurts in his freshman year and now that he looks like the hulk now but he looked Spider-man 5 years ago. LeBron James weighed 230 pounds when he entered the pro's, he now weighs 260. You are losing this argument and badly. Once a player enter the pro's, 90% of them put om 10-20 of muscle. I has been like for 50 years.

6 minutes ago, philba101 said:

Giving up a top 5 pick for Carr would be a horrible move for any team.  I wouldn't mind trading for him but do the Raiders realy think he is worth a top 5 pick.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It's funny how when you look at a pic of Hurts in his freshman year and now that he looks like the hulk now but he looked Spider-man 5 years ago. LeBron James weighed 230 pounds when he entered the pro's, he now weighs 260. You are losing this argument and badly. Once a player enter the pro's, 90% of them put om 10-20 of muscle. I has been like for 50 years.

Freshman year Bestie.  

Maybe he weighed more his senior year?

7 minutes ago, philba101 said:

They should be interested if he is released.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

To be fair:

How do you know that?  I thought you didn't trust the numbers given?

4 minutes ago, Myles said:

To be fair:

How do you know that?  I thought you didn't trust the numbers given?

I don't trust numbers but you can tell by looking at the person, ok maybe it is 220 and now 250, who cares, my point is you can tell by just looking at someone. When I ran 7 miles a day and weighed 160 pounds everyone thought I was thin. That was 10 years ago. I came across someone a few months ago I haven't seen in years and they didn't even recognize me because I have put on 30 pounds over the years. Eye test says a lot. You are being nitpicky.

4 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

They should be interested if he is released.

I know the Colts were interested in him last year during the offseason. I am not convinced he is the answer for us at QB but he could be a serviceable placeholder if the Colts draft a rookie that they don't play immediately. Two obstacles here are that Carr will likely want to go to a team that views him as a long-term solution (if there are any), and a team that is willing to give him decent money which some QB-needy team will likely do.

13 minutes ago, Myles said:

Giving up a top 5 pick for Carr would be a horrible move for any team.  I wouldn't mind trading for him but do the Raiders realy think he is worth a top 5 pick.

I am guessing the Raiders are hoping that like almost every year there is always a few QB-needy teams that will talk themselves into a deal like that. Let's be honest, the Colts gave up a conditional 2nd round pick which turned into a 1st to get Carson Wentz. I in no way support them doing that for Carr or any other player for that matter but there may be a team who will.

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't trust numbers but you can tell by looking at the person, ok maybe it is 220 and now 250, who cares, my point is you can tell by just looking at someone. When I ran 7 miles a day and weighed 160 pounds everyone thought I was thin. That was 10 years ago. I came across someone a few months ago I haven't seen in years and they didn't even recognize me because I have put on 30 pounds over the years. Eye test says a lot. You are being nitpicky.

in all seriousness Bestie.   I am pretty certain he weighed what the scale said at the combine when he was at the combine.  Theoretically speaking, I suppose one could say "you don't know" but pragmatically the scale was likely correct when he stepped on it.   The combine is basically public or at least it's done in front of hundred and hundreds of people. 

What he weighs now could be more or less than he is listed. 

1 minute ago, Nickster said:

in all seriousness Bestie.   I am pretty certain he weighed what the scale said at the combine when he was at the combine.  Theoretically speaking, I suppose one could say "you don't know" but pragmatically the scale was likely correct when he stepped on it. 

What he weighs now could be more or less than he is listed. 

GIF by Wilson Golf

3 hours ago, Nickster said:

Heard of the banana peel thing.  

Get this dude.  Some people eat raw fish.  I seent it myself.  Raw fish.  Like uncooked fish like a raccoon or a grizzly bear.  Darndest thing I ever saw.

hate to admit this on a public forum but my wife and son do that.

unbelievable 

Don’t knock sushi. Looove it. haha

I am using a lot of NBA examples because you can see it more because they where jersey's that show off their bodies more. Karl Malone weighed 235 in college coming out in 1986, in 1988 with the Jazz he weighed 256 pound. He and Mark Eaton hit the weights every day back in the day. Malone knew 235 wasn't going to cut it battling those PF's and Centers, just like Young knows 195 isn't going to cut it :thmup:

3 hours ago, Nickster said:

Heard of the banana peel thing.  

Get this dude.  Some people eat raw fish.  I seent it myself.  Raw fish.  Like uncooked fish like a raccoon or a grizzly bear.  Darndest thing I ever saw.

hate to admit this on a public forum but my wife and son do that.

unbelievable 

I love Sushi with some hot sauce, there is a nice Japanese restaurant right by where I work at. Great stuff :banana:

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't trust numbers but you can tell by looking at the person, ok maybe it 220 and now 250, who cares, my point is you can tell by just looking at someone. When I ran 7 miles a day and weighed 160 pounds everyone thought I was thin. That was 10 years ago. I came across someone a few months ago I haven't seen years and they didn't even recognize me because I have put on 30 pounds over the years. Eye test says a lot. You are being nitpicky.

Last year I focused on slimming down and nothing more. Ended up dropping to about 175 I think? Wife and I went back to KY to visit family and friends that we had not seen in over a year, and everyone said how skinny I looked and almost "sickly". After that I worked on adding muscle, and now I'm sitting at 193 after just lifting. So if a novice like me working out casually can add 20lbs in a little over 7 months, these professional athletes with world class trainers can easily do it better and faster.

18 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

Last year I focused on slimming down and nothing more. Ended up dropping to about 175 I think? Wife and I went back to KY to visit family and friends that we had not seen in over a year, and everyone said how skinny I looked and almost "sickly". After that I worked on adding muscle, and now I'm sitting at 193 after just lifting. So if a novice like me working out casually can add 20lbs in a little over 7 months, these professional athletes with world class trainers can easily do it better and faster.

Yep that has been my whole point the whole time, Great post. People thought I was way too little at 160 but I ran 7 miles a day from around 2003-2012, even ran in the mini back in 2006 - I did it in 2 hours which is 13.3 miles. I even had people ask me if I had cancer I got so little. Now at 190 I feel like an overweight fatso (I am only 5'8)Homer Simpson Eating GIF- I am much stronger though.

if you need to gain weight in the NFL, there will be a 95% chance you will put on muscle weight. its so easy to gain weight in the NFL especially with everything you will have access to. weight should not be an issue for anyone if thats what your worried about being too small.

Just now, BlackTiger said:

Stroud hasnt even declared yet and has until Monday.

I hope you like Will Levis if he doesnt 

OSU is rolling out announcements one at a time. For context in 21 fields didn’t declare until the last day. I am sure strouds is coming. NIL money does change a lot. Apparently he has a 4 mil dollar deal if he comes back.

12 hours ago, #12. said:

Looks like mustard pizza is a thing.

https://www.rachaelrayshow.com/recipes/trenton-style-mustard-pizza

I live in New Jersey and ate the mustard pie . It’s not really mustard as sauce though . They put a very thin layer on the crust then put regular tomato sauce and cheese . You barely taste the mustard it’s a slight taste it gives the pizza a zing taste .  It’s really good 

2 hours ago, Nickster said:

OK fine Eight Four.  But some people. . . now brace yourself. . . eat ketchup on . . . a friggin Hot Dog.  My other son does that shamed to say. 

Wait, you don’t eat ketchup on your hot dogs?…

I suspect a hot dog in Denmark is vastly different from one in the US. haha

4 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

No, it's gross, but I hear it's a Chicago thing, and I'm an escaped Chicagoan. 

I'm thinking Nickster has ties.

Oh, and ketchup isn't allowed on any sausages. Not even German Curry Ketchup on Brats.

5 minutes ago, buccolts said:

Oh, and ketchup isn't allowed on any sausages. Not even German Curry Ketchup on Brats.

Correct Buccolt.  No ketchup. On any sausages.  Ever. 

4 minutes ago, buccolts said:

A hot dog with everything in Denmark is bread, sausage, raw chop onions, fried onions, remoulade and pickles. 

People sometimes get ketchup, mayo or mustard instead of remoulade (is that even a thing in the US?). Or a mix. 

9 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

Looked up the Danish Hot Dog.  Looks pretty good, but looks quite a bit different.

Did you change your name from ThroreninDenmark or is that a different dude in Denmark?

Archived