Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay

cdgacoltsfan

4 minutes ago, JColts72 said:

Jim becoming impulsive like his dad.

Jim is 63 years old.  He didn't just become impulsive.  Regardless,  his personality is nothing like his father.  Why you feel the need to insult him in that manner shows your character, or lack of.

Deep down, he’s a good man with a big heart, who loves his family and loves the Colts. This season has been different, but I truly feel he won’t be as meddlesome as some worry he will be for the future. We get a good, experienced head coach and patch up our administration and we should see Irsay go back to being more of a mentor again.

5 minutes ago, azcolt said:

Not a fan of either father or son but most people say he is more like his mom. But Indy should erect a statue of father. No one else was looking to expand to Indy at a time locations like Phoenix were available.

I am glad that Robert decided to move to Indy but Indy had a state of the art stadium already built. Indy also provided Mayflower to make the overnight move. Yes Robert did pick Indy but Indy made it an easy choice at the time. 

2 hours ago, JColts72 said:

Jim becoming impulsive like his dad.

Tell us you don’t know who Robert Irsay was or what he was like without telling us…

Jim is so far removed from what his father was as an owner that really the only thing connecting them is DNA and the last name. 

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

Tell us you don’t know who Robert Irsay was or what he was like without telling us…

Jim is so far removed from what his father was as an owner that really the only thing connecting them is DNA and the last name. 

I know how Robert was based on reports  as following this team since 1972! Obviously Jim more stable except for being so impulsive this season. No, I don't know either one personally. Do you?

4 minutes ago, JColts72 said:

I know how Robert was based on reports  as following this team since 1972! Obviously Jim more stable except for being so impulsive this season. No, I don't know either one personally. Do you?

Just on reports like yourself. 

that said, I don’t think Jim was being impulsive. In fact, to the contrary I think every move he made this season was his backup plan all along. Including the firing of Reich. I think Brady being fired by Reich threw a wrench in those plans, but he stuck with it anyway. It’s gonna be an interesting off season but under the ownership of Jim Irsay, since 1997, we’ve had what 4 seasons that were actually losing seasons?

13 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

What does donating $25K to a good cause have ANYTHING to do with anything? I swear to god, some people look for any instance to say whatever random crap they can think of. 

This has nothing to do with his donation. I have no idea why even connect it to that. Makes Zero sense. It's his getting rid of OC, HC; no surprise; making a horrible hiring with Saturday, pre ordaining his possible return and keeping Ballard.

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

Just on reports like yourself. 

that said, I don’t think Jim was being impulsive. In fact, to the contrary I think every move he made this season was his backup plan all along. Including the firing of Reich. I think Brady being fired by Reich threw a wrench in those plans, but he stuck with it anyway. It’s gonna be an interesting off season but under the ownership of Jim Irsay, since 1997, we’ve had what 4 seasons that were actually losing seasons?

That's actually great; helped to have Manning too.

On 1/5/2023 at 5:10 PM, JColts72 said:

This has nothing to do with his donation. I have no idea why even connect it to that. Makes Zero sense. It's his getting rid of OC, HC; no surprise; making a horrible hiring with Saturday, pre ordaining his possible return and keeping Ballard.

It was connected to that because that's what the thread is about.   Why make that comment in this thread?

7 hours ago, sb41champs said:

Jim Irsay can be frustrating - as Bill Polian pointed out on numerous occasions - BUT - he's very generous with charitable donations and I admire he and his family for that!!

The way I look at it, you can be a good and kind person, but it doesn’t absolve you of fault. Like Picasso. Great artist but terrible to women. Both things are true.

Archived