Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

in order to win

ruf

We will run plenty between the guards hopefully getting 3+ yards consistently. I Would Expect more plays than last week with Pinter a 6th o-lineman. Maybe a few plays with even a 7th one if MO loses Saturdays trust to get the job done.

There has to be a few different wrinkles from last weeks passing game plan.

I don't know how we get away from the multiple hot routes we used, but a few turned into double moves makes sense. We are going to need a surprise or two. Has Pittman ever thrown a pass?  Ryan caught one? :dunno: :jump:  lol

2 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

We will run plenty between the guards hopefully getting 3+ yards consistently. I Would Expect more plays than last week with Pinter a 6th o-lineman. Maybe a few plays with even a 7th one if MO loses Saturdays trust to get the job done.

There has to be a few different wrinkles from last weeks passing game plan.

I don't know how we get away from the multiple hot routes we used, but a few turned into double moves makes sense. We are going to need a surprise or two. Has Pittman ever thrown a pass?  Ryan caught one? :dunno: :jump:  lol

all sounds good except Ryan catching a pass lol

25 minutes ago, csmopar said:

If he’d managed to miss that shoe string tackle, he’d been gone to the house, could you imagine the response from a 50 plus yard QB run by Matt ryan

I wasn't watching live at the time. The notification popped up on my phone showing a 39 yard run by Matt Ryan, and I kept refreshing waiting for the correction. 

31 minutes ago, Superman said:

I wasn't watching live at the time. The notification popped up on my phone showing a 39 yard run by Matt Ryan, and I kept refreshing waiting for the correction. 

I was watching the same way and thought they made a mistake lol

The Colts should be able to run the ball effectively against the Eagles (As long as the offensive line can do their jobs) since Philly will be without Derek Barnett and Jordan Davis. Fletcher Cox is a shell of his former self and I feel like the Eagles best defensive play-makers are in their secondary. Jonathan Taylor should be able to find enough holes today in order to provide himself with another solid game two weeks in a row.

10 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I was watching as it happened but it entered my mind oh crap,  I hope he don't get hurt.  After he got up I thought to myself what great effort. 

Now we wait and see if it rubs off.  

I thought the old man was going to pull a Lamar and take it to the house. I spit my beer out when he took off because I thought he was gone lmao .

I'm not an X's and O's expert, but I don't see a whole lot of outside running from the Shotgun/RPO formation in the entire NFL.  Mainly jet sweeps where the runner is sort of a scat back type of player.  We expect PC/Hines to do it, right?

To get the typical stretch play or quick pitch, the QB lines up under center.  We never lined up under center with Wentz...he's an RPO QB.  

I hope Saturday/Parks lines Ryan up under center more....to mix things up....then we can see the typical outside run plays being called that allow more of a RB1, plow horse type of RB to run.  aka Derrick Henry and Arian Foster back in the day.  JT might do well with outside runs if we didn't line up so much in shotgun....like we almost had to with Wentz at QB.

But shotgun is needed for Ryan's pass protection, so there is that issue to deal with.

5 hours ago, DougDew said:

I'm not an X's and O's expert, but I don't see a whole lot of outside running from the Shotgun/RPO formation in the entire NFL.  Mainly jet sweeps where the runner is sort of a scat back type of player.  We expect PC/Hines to do it, right?

To get the typical stretch play or quick pitch, the QB lines up under center.  We never lined up under center with Wentz...he's an RPO QB.  

I hope Saturday/Parks lines Ryan up under center more....to mix things up....then we can see the typical outside run plays being called that allow more of a RB1, plow horse type of RB to run.  aka Derrick Henry and Arian Foster back in the day.  JT might do well with outside runs if we didn't line up so much in shotgun....like we almost had to with Wentz at QB.

But shotgun is needed for Ryan's pass protection, so there is that issue to deal with.

yea, i would like to see more under center runs but you can also mix that with play action 

16 hours ago, ruf said:

yea, i would like to see more under center runs but you can also mix that with play action 

play action down the field may work if Ryan can zip it before the safety can recover around 20-30 yards. Unless it’s a blown coverage or massive separation, which is difficult to maintain against good secondaries, Ryan’s arm strength limits us on certain fronts.

45 minutes ago, chad72 said:

play action down the field may work if Ryan can zip it before the safety can recover around 20-30 yards. Unless it’s a blown coverage or massive separation, which is difficult to maintain against good secondaries, Ryan’s arm strength limits us on certain fronts.

Agree. Ryan's arm strength or lack thereof is impacting defensive alignments. It is why the colts have more difficulty in the running the ball as the game goes on. Past 20 yards the Colts receivers need more separation than normal due to the lack of velocity on his throws.

Because of this he continues to check down time after time. and defenses begin to load the box on our run game. Between that and the fact he offers no real mobility is a problem. I would like to see certain packages for Ehlinger during the game, if for nothing else - to keep the defenses honest.

On 11/21/2022 at 8:24 AM, Dobbinblitz said:

Agree. Ryan's arm strength or lack thereof is impacting defensive alignments. It is why the colts have more difficulty in the running the ball as the game goes on. Past 20 yards the Colts receivers need more separation than normal due to the lack of velocity on his throws.

Because of this he continues to check down time after time. and defenses begin to load the box on our run game. Between that and the fact he offers no real mobility is a problem. I would like to see certain packages for Ehlinger during the game, if for nothing else - to keep the defenses honest.

i was thinking that also about having some packages for Ehlinger. I hope they put that in maybe also inside the red zone

Archived