Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Does anybody still miss Carson?

indyagent17

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was awful. Terrible decision making.

We all know Ryan has to work on his fumbles but my lord is he far more clutch then Wentz. Every single time we’ve needed a big drive, Ryan’s basically drove us down the field. 

I am so happy we are not on that train anymore. 

15 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

I keep seeing Colts fans complain on twitter that Wentz let them down being 1st in the division. No the Colts did by not beating the Titans and Jags it’s kinda pathetic tbh.

i dont think people were seriously banking our divisional standing on Wentz winning with his new team... i think its just a joke to show that even off the team he isn't helping us, or his new team. tongue in cheek i think. 

12 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Carson also leveled a linebacker with a nice block.

he was also 0/8 on third down conversions through most of the game. lets include it all. 

also , another untimely pick as usual. everyone wants to parade around his stats. Well look his stats weren't that bad this game either vs TEN, but in Wentz fashion, he throws the pick at the absolute worst time to flip win probability. that's what makes him a bad QB.

52 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

I keep seeing Colts fans complain on twitter that Wentz let them down being 1st in the division. No the Colts did by not beating the Titans and Jags it’s kinda pathetic tbh.

imo the jags are the best team in our division. the titans are a close second, the colts are in the running for the number one pick or at least a top 5 pick. no disgrace losing to our division rivals who have better talent than we do

13 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

he was also 0/8 on third down conversions through most of the game. lets include it all. 

also , another untimely pick as usual. everyone wants to parade around his stats. Well look his stats weren't that bad this game either vs TEN, but in Wentz fashion, he throws the pick at the absolute worst time to flip win probability. that's what makes him a bad QB.

Since you are a stats person, how many drives of his have been killed by fumbles this year?

13 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Since you are a stats person, how many drives of his have been killed by fumbles this year?

im not a "stats" person. it's simple football. if you throw a pick with 10 seconds left, it switches the win prob by an immense amount. much more than it does in the first quarter. 

and im not sure if by fumbles you're talking about Ryan? not sure. I'm not talking about Ryan at all. Wentz is what he is. he's 1-4 once again. Threw another interception at the end of the game vs TEN (third time in his career vs one team).

not really a debate or discussion to have here. he's exactly what we thought he was. an excpetional arm with a not so exceptional brain. 

16 minutes ago, DEFENSE said:

imo the jags are the best team in our division. the titans are a close second, the colts are in the running for the number one pick or at least a top 5 pick. no disgrace losing to our division rivals who have better talent than we do

i think the jags are the most improved, but i still think TEN is better than jax. 

1 minute ago, AustinnKaine said:

im not a "stats" person. it's simple football. if you throw a pick with 10 seconds left, it switches the win prob by an immense amount. much more than it does in the first quarter. 

and im not sure if by fumbles you're talking about Ryan? not sure. I'm not talking about Ryan at all. Wentz is what he is. he's 1-4 once again. Threw another interception at the end of the game vs TEN (third time in his career vs one team).

not really a debate or discussion to have here. he's exactly what we thought he is. an excpetional arm with a not so exceptional brain. 

How many drive killing fumbles has had this year. Just wondering.

7 minutes ago, w87r said:

Edit: that is Ryan's number not Wentz.

Looking back I think Wentz was the question.

6ints 4 drives ended by fumble for Wentz

7ints 6 drives ended by fumble for Ryan

Will say 2 of Matt's ints came on great play by DL man

2 other ints came down 24-0 5:00 and some change left in game. 

1 minute ago, w87r said:

situation matters. Ryan is far more clutch. 

Wentz clearly has not learned at all from his time with INDY. Looks exactly the same to me. Glad we moved on. 

Just now, AustinnKaine said:

Wentz clearly has not learned at all from his time with INDY. Looks exactly the same to me. Glad we moved on. 

Context definitely matters. Just answering a question.

Glad Wentz is gone. Hope/wish he is good enough to hold job for 12 games and get us that 2nd round pick. Hope is diminishing quickly.

2 minutes ago, w87r said:

Context definitely matters. Just answering a question.

Glad Wentz is gone. Hope/wish he is good enough to hold job for 12 games and get us that 2nd round pick. Hope is diminishing quickly.

Brissett also had a similar game. He looks good 9/10ths of the game, and then throws interception in the red zone late vs LAC. They lose the game, even while playing good most of the way. And yes context certainly matters I agree with you, and it definitely reflects in win probability throughout a game. I don't want a QB thats great when it doesnt matter and at his worst when it matters the most. that's exactly what Wentz appears to be. People forget he didn't carry the eagles through the playoffs, high pressure games. Foles did. 

27 minutes ago, DEFENSE said:

Colts in running for a top 5 pick? Absolutely not. There are at least 10-15 teams worse than the Colts. 

1 minute ago, FanOutOfTown said:

Colts in running for a top 5 pick? Absolutely not. There are at least 10-15 teams worse than the Colts. 

seems like he is still living 5 mins after the jax game. hopefully we can beat them next sunday. 

12 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

People don't get it. Ryan could have 27 TD's and 15 INT's but his INT's doesn't cost us a game then who cares. Wentz was a huge reason why we lost the 2nd Tennessee game, Raiders and Jags game. I wanted him to win today and the dude throws a INT with a 1st and goal from the 2 to start. He can't carry Matt Ryan's jock strap. Maybe his towel lmao 

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

People don't get. Ryan could have 27 TD's and 15 INT's but his INT's doesn't cost us a game then who cares. Wentz was a huge reason why we lost the 2nd Tennessee game, Raiders and Jags game. I wanted him to win today and the dude throws a INT with a 1st and goal from the 2 to start. He can't Matt Ryan's jock strap. Maybe his towel lmao 

he lost us both TEN games. 

14 minutes ago, w87r said:

Thanks. Kind of what I thought. They are both horrible but Wentz can at least avoid a rush and move around.

always funny when people want to try and shed a light on Ryan when discussing Wentz like it matters what Ryan does. 

Wentz is who he is. gets a lot of yardage when it isn't crunch time, and does nothing when it matters the most. 

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I had to edit my post, my spelling sucks when I type fast.

no biggie. but i remember clearly both end of games. one of the worst feelings ive had as colts fan. seeing two winnable games with guys wide open and he throws it to TEN. just like he did today. 

I watched the end of that game, what I thought was pathetic, not a single commander receiver appeared to be open on any of the 3 downs. On 3rd down they all went to the goal line and stood around so Titans didn't have to stop contacting them since they were with in 5 yards of the line of scrimmage, very lame play design by the commanders, why conglomerate everyone 2 yards from the line of scrimmage and stand there? None of those 3 plays had a chance. 

1 minute ago, AustinnKaine said:

no biggie. but i remember clearly both end of games. one of the worst feelings ive had as colts fan. seeing two winnable games with guys wide open and he throws it to TEN. just like he did today. 

Did we beat the Titans with Astronaut Ryan at the helm?

2 minutes ago, Two_pound said:

I watched the end of that game, what I thought was pathetic, not a single commander receiver appeared to be open on any of the 3 downs. On 3rd down they all went to the goal line and stood around so Titans didn't have to stop contacting them since they were with in 5 yards of the line of scrimmage, very lame play design by the commanders, why conglomerate everyone 2 yards from the line of scrimmage and stand there? None of those 3 plays had a chance. 

Should have rolled Wentz out with option to run it in.

Archived