Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Does anybody still miss Carson?

indyagent17

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Two_pound said:

I watched the end of that game, what I thought was pathetic, not a single commander receiver appeared to be open on any of the 3 downs. On 3rd down they all went to the goal line and stood around so Titans didn't have to stop contacting them since they were with in 5 yards of the line of scrimmage, very lame play design by the commanders, why conglomerate everyone 2 yards from the line of scrimmage and stand there? None of those 3 plays had a chance. 

he had 3 chances and couldn't get in. blame it on whoever you want. but he's 1-4 again. hes throwing game ending interceptions again... he's sacked 2nd most again... 

he has plenty of receiving threats far better than what he had with INDY. 

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He has only played them once, talk to me in 2 weeks.

the thread is "do we miss carson"

not

"is Ryan any better than Wentz?"

1 minute ago, AustinnKaine said:

he had 3 chances and couldn't get in. blame it on whoever you want. but he's 1-4 again. hes throwing game ending interceptions again... he's sacked 2nd most again... 

he has plenty of receiving threats far better than what he had with INDY. 

the thread is "do we miss carson"

not

"is Ryan any better than Wentz?"

I know but Ryan is better homer GIF

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I know but Ryan is better homer GIF

I agree. but it's llike people are trying to shed light on Ryan when we are mainly discussing Wentz. soon this thread will turn into we should've drafted a rookie 3 years ago. 

@Two_pound okay bro

At least when Wentz was QB the offense moved the ball and the games were exciting. 5 games in this year and there hasn't been one offensive series that generated any excitement. I would have rather kept Wentz , Ellinger as the backup and draft our QB of the future in next year's draft.

4 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

At least when Wentz was QB the offense moved the ball and the games were exciting. 5 games in this year and there hasn't been one offensive series that generated any excitement. I would have rather kept Wentz , Ellinger as the backup and draft our QB of the future in next year's draft.

Exactly this crapping on Wentz is crazy. We were the number one scoring team in the middle of the season. We can’t even score TD with Ryan and he is giving the ball away 3 or 4 times a game. That is a bad recipe when your also not scoring.

8 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Exactly this crapping on Wentz is crazy. We were the number one scoring team in the middle of the season. We can’t even score TD with Ryan and he is giving the ball away 3 or 4 times a game. That is a bad recipe when your also not scoring.

see how you had to add in "in the middle of the season"

10 minutes ago, Blueblood23 said:

Wentz did play a lot better than Ryan.  Most on this forum refuse to acknowledge it though. 

Yes and no.  Ryan is struggling a lot more with fumbles and getting comfortable in the offense but he also has a higher completion % and for the most part has avoided the mind numbing turnovers Wentz would have.  With that said Ryan had two really bad INTs Thursday.  I think a lot of Ryan’s problems can be fixed with better o-line play.  Wentz just would never learn from the huge mistakes he would make over and over.  

However, back to my first point regardless of how Ryan has played Wentz wasn’t the guy.  Ryan might ultimately prove not to be the answer either but that doesn’t mean Wentz was the answer either.  

26 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

see how you had to add in "in the middle of the season"

Kind of like Wentz had surgery in camp and sprained his ankles. That’s most likely why we had the slow start. Not to mention kelly and Nelson missing camp too.

12 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

Matt Ryan has led the Colts to a better record than Wentz's 1-4 Commanders.

Ryan will continue to improve.

I will believe it when I see it. Right now we are five games  in and there has been no improvement.

43 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Patience. 

16 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Yes and no.  Ryan is struggling a lot more with fumbles and getting comfortable in the offense but he also has a higher completion % and for the most part has avoided the mind numbing turnovers Wentz would have.  With that said Ryan had two really bad INTs Thursday.  I think a lot of Ryan’s problems can be fixed with better o-line play.  Wentz just would never learn from the huge mistakes he would make over and over.  

However, back to my first point regardless of how Ryan has played Wentz wasn’t the guy.  Ryan might ultimately prove not to be the answer either but that doesn’t mean Wentz was the answer either.  

His completion percentage and stuff doesn’t matter when your giving the ball away 4 times a game. Just because his turnovers come early doesn’t make it better then Carson’s occasional dumb plays. We wouldn’t be in a hole if Ryan wasn’t  making these plays.

I said it in the offseason you better be getting a clear upgrade or trading csrson was dumb. Right now Ryan is not a clear upgrade. They said Ryan would be less volitile. Not only is he more volitile we can’t score either. Scoring at least  wasn’t a issue with Carson.

1 minute ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

His completion percentage and stuff doesn’t matter when your giving the ball away 4 times a game. Just because his turnovers come early doesn’t make it better then Carson’s occasional dumb plays. We wouldn’t be in a hole if Ryan wasn’t  making these plays.

I said it in the offseason you better be getting a clear upgrade or trading csrson was dumb. Right now Ryan is not a clear upgrade. They said Ryan would be less volitile. Not only is he more volitile we can’t score either. Scoring at least  wasn’t a issue with Carson.

Rather Ryan is better or not than Carson doesn’t mean Carson was the answer which was my point.  It’s highly possible neither is the answer.  

41 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Patience 

Homer has overalls on, I have never seen that one haha 

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Rather Ryan is better or not than Carson doesn’t mean Carson was the answer which was my point.  It’s highly possible neither is the answer.  

So why make the trade. That’s the point. Get Carson in for a second d season and try to see if it brings some chemistry. Players aren’t happy with all this QB juggling.  Unless we got a clear upgrade it wasn’t smart. I blame Irsay for it. 

Now do I hope this offense turns it around. Yes of course. But until I see it I am going to be pessimistic. We haven’t improved at all. 

2 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

So why make the trade. That’s the point. Get Carson in for a second d season and try to see if it brings some chemistry. Players aren’t happy with all this QB juggling.  Unless we got a clear upgrade it wasn’t smart. I blame Irsay for it. 

Now do I hope this offense turns it around. Yes of course. But until I see it I am going to be pessimistic. We haven’t improved at all. 

Because Carson wasn’t the answer.  If someone isn’t the answer you don’t just keep him because.  You move on from them and try to find the answer.  Carson not being the answer has nothing to do with Matt Ryan.  Ryan could be the worst QB in the NFL right now but the Colts would have still been right to move on from Carson Wentz because he wasn’t the answer.  It just means they got the replacement part wrong.  Those are two independent issues of each other.

4 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Because Carson wasn’t the answer.  If someone isn’t the answer you don’t just keep him because.  You move on from them and try to find the answer.  Carson not being the answer has nothing to do with Matt Ryan.  Ryan could be the worst QB in the NFL right now but the Colts would have still been right to move on from Carson Wentz because he wasn’t the answer.  It just means they got the replacement part wrong.  Those are two independent issues of each other.

You are correct but Matt is better anyway :thmup:

6 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Because I think with what happened in TC and his ankles to start season then add Covid late in the season there was a lot of stuff that happened. If he doesn’t hurt his ankles or miss camp we probably win one or two early games and clinch a playoff spot with 2 or 3 games left. I just think it was unfair because of the circumstances last season. 

7 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

After we win this weak division you will change your tune. Matt isn't getting swept by the Jags or Titans. 

It’s just funny to me how Wendy is a punching bag and people refuse to go after Ryan got playing ten times worse.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

After we win this weak division you will change your tune. Matt isn't getting swept by the Jags or Titans. 

I hope I am able to change my mind. This team is no fun to watch on offense. But until I see improvement I will continue to feel this way. 

Because I think with what happened in TC and his ankles to start season then add Covid late in the season there was a lot of stuff that happened. If he doesn’t hurt his ankles or miss camp we probably win one or two early games and clinch a playoff spot with 2 or 3 games left. I just think it was unfair because of the circumstances last season. 

The NFL isn’t about fair.

It’s just funny to me how Wendy is a punching bag and people refuse to go after Ryan got playing ten times worse.

I hope I am able to change my mind. This team is no fun to watch on offense. But until I see improvement I will continue to feel this way. 

The team was not fun to watch last year either

5 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

It's not about being fun, it is about winning.

6 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Ryan gets criticized every week here and rightfully so.  I will say a lot of Wentz issues were self inflicted where as I think most of Ryan’s issues will go away with better line play.  Still, rather that’s true or not Ryan is still making costly mistakes whatever the cause so he’s being criticized for it.  I mean every week people are calling for Sam or Foles to start over him so if you don’t think Ryan is taking heat you aren’t reading the forum.

As for being fun.  No it’s not but that’s not all Ryan’s fault and it would be just not fun to watch with Wentz back there too because the largest problem isn’t the QB it’s the line.  Fix that and things are going to get better.  Until that’s fixed yeah the offense is going to be painful to watch.

Archived