Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Does anybody still miss Carson?

indyagent17

58 minutes ago, Mitch Connors said:

Is our O line sucking an excuse for Matt Ryans INTs and fumbles too? Im trying to understand where the line is between a cause and an excuse. 

well even while on pace to be sacked a historic amount of times, Ryan has not been held under 100 yards. Wentz has. 

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

well even while on pace to be sacked a historic amount of times, Ryan has not been held under 100 yards. Wentz has. 

Matt Ryan was basically brought in to be just a little above a game manager. Make the big plays in the 4th Qtr though to help us win. What has been surprising is, our O.Line play and Taylor's play. Taylor was out last game and other than the Texans game, he hasn't been much help for Ryan at all. In a realistic good game, if Matt throws for 225 yards and 2 TD's/1INT, even 1 fumble but Taylor gains a 100 yards, we should win most games as long as our D can create a couple of turnovers as well. Taylor was a huge crutch for Wentz last year, in our Patriots win, Wentz had 57 yards passing, 1 TD, and an INT. Taylor had a huge game is why we won. That win was the best win of the season and Wentz threw for 57 yards. Mac Jones threw for 299 Yards.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He has also lost twice as many with 4 losses already. Colts are 2-2-1 and haven't played near as good as they can. Washington is 2-4, lets not brag about Wentz too much with his 99 yards and no TD performance. By the way I am just joking around with you because when I post anymore I don't want people to think I am getting on them :thmup:.

All that matters is, he did win but he got a lot of gifts. Some in here can say and did say we got gifts against KC, but it was KC who is arguably the best team in the league that we beat. Bears stink.

I was only pointing it out for the people who are keeping track.   I think so far this season, Wentz and Ryan are awash.  neither has really done better than the other.  I hope Ryan has a good game and the Colts beat the Jags on Sunday.  

1 minute ago, Myles said:

I was only pointing it out for the people who are keeping track.   I think so far this season, Wentz and Ryan are awash.  neither has really done better than the other.  I hope Ryan has a good game and the Colts beat the Jags on Sunday.  

The next 2 games will show me a lot if bringing in Matt Ryan was worth it. He was brought here to beat Tennessee because it starts with winning the division, and some of the better teams like KC which he did. We lost that 1st game against Tennessee but almost came back. Taylor has been shockingly average looking at his numbers and by the eye test. Only the Texans game is where he has had over 100. Taylor was putrid at Jacks and against Tennessee. Even in the KC win, he only had 71 yards. Had our D not played lights out and Matt Ryan doesn't pull a rabbit out of his hat, we lose to KC.

7 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

I seem to recall a certain QB named Peyton Manning having a whopping 35 yards one time.

His play was average in the 2015 playoffs (I thought he played well vs the Pats) and really bad in the SB but all Denver fans remember is they won the Lombardi. That is the most important thing. Tom Brady had an average playoffs and SB in 2001 but nobody cares, they won it all is why.

2 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Rivers went off after the game defending him. Because this he was asked about the report that he had no say in Wentz coming to WA.

This is what makes me think that he will be the starter for the entire season unless they are eliminated early.  Rivera knows he is his best chance at winning and his job could also be on the line.  He's behind him.  Big ugly win last night but it was a win none the less.  They could still get hot and make a playoff run.  So I don't see him getting benched anytime soon. 

2 hours ago, richard pallo said:

This is what makes me think that he will be the starter for the entire season unless they are eliminated early.  Rivera knows he is his best chance at winning and his job could also be on the line.  He's behind him.  Big ugly win last night but it was a win none the less.  They could still get hot and make a playoff run.  So I don't see him getting benched anytime soon. 

So we all need to be Skins fans this season.   Having a second round pick instead of a third is huge in my opinion.

Look at the commanders' schedule

They play almost all their remaining games against teams who are strong in pass rush and QB pressure. 

Just like how Wentz folded against Philly, Dallas and Chicago defenses, he'd be scared to play most games, and he's not going to do very well. 

At some point, he'd be forced to play fearlessly and would start turning over the ball often. The season could be cut short for him if he continues to play like this, and those ugly wins would be an exception rather than expectation. 

Only thing that has to be seen is how far Ron Rivera would go to support his current QB, and whether Wentz would be benched short of 70% play time. 

Washington GM could ask Wentz to be benched to save the second round draft pick. That'd be smart business decision, as by week 10 they'd be starting to salivate over the top 5 overall draft pick and start watching QB tapes. 

Archived