Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Matt Ryan

Bert Johns

The problem with the offense is our line and Matt Ryan is a statue back there. Matt Ryan is a turn over machine. He has 9 fumbles and 5 picks thru 4 games. If he were a rookie they would have yanked him out by now 5 tds and 5 picks and 9 fumbles thru 4 game = horrible.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Bert Johns said:

The problem with the offense is our line and Matt Ryan is a statue back there. Matt Ryan is a turn over machine. He has 9 fumbles and 5 picks thru 4 games. If he were a rookie they would have yanked him out by now 5 tds and 5 picks and 9 fumbles thru 4 game = horrible.

That's my QB and I will roll with it, he will figure it out.

8 minutes ago, Bert Johns said:

Thanks, Capt Obvious.    

The thing is….   Ryan has a 14-year career to look at.   And he’s NEVER been a turnover machine before.   So something is different.   

We’re not pulling him.   Certainly not until we’re eliminated from playoff possibility.   So we’re all going to have to hope Ryan and the team figures things out.  

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Thanks, Capt Obvious.    

The thing is….   Ryan has a 14-year career to look at.   And he’s NEVER been a turnover machine before.   So something is different.   

We’re not pulling him.   Certainly not until we’re eliminated from playoff possibility.   So we’re all going to have to hope Ryan and the team figures things out.  

You not a turn over machine till you are , 

1 hour ago, Bert Johns said:

Matt just need to go down when I play is broken up and take a short sack instead of running backward and taking a lost of 18 

12 minutes ago, bleed blue4life said:

He ia terrible. holds the ball way too long and cannot move. turnover machine . 

Matt is over the hill and it’s obvious even when it’s blocked good he still turn it over , like if your forced to pull it down just take the sack instead of running with th ball with 1 hand and fumbling 

5 minutes ago, jbaron04 said:

Matt is over the hill and it’s obvious even when it’s blocked good he still turn it over , like if your forced to pull it down just take the sack instead of running with th ball with 1 hand and fumbling 

Maybe Frank and Ballard looked at 2015 film instead of last years film ?

32 minutes ago, dw49 said:

Maybe Frank and Ballard looked at 2015 film instead of last years film ?

Even if we got Matt Ryan from last 2 years we would have 3-4 wins cause he didn’t fumble like this . 2 fumbles and 2 picks both picks came when he had time 

38 minutes ago, dw49 said:

Looks like we're going to take it on the chin next year as he has a cap hit of 35 mill

And Ballard guaranteed it 

He played poorly for most of the game but gotta give Matty cred he got it done.  Win's a win doesn't matter how ugly.

Going forward though he has to play smarter and be the vet QB.  I'm getting tired of saying that, as tired as you guys probably are at hearing it. 

He has to know the field position and not take sacks that affect FGs.  Throwing the ball away, checking into runs, putting the ball at the feet of your hot if he's not open, there's options to avoid that 18 yard loss.  Being safe with the ball.  We need this guy to raise the bar and lead this offense.

11 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Raimann seemed to hold up in the 2nd half. 

He got some tuff holding calls. I thought 2 of them wasn’t even that bad you see that on every play. We just need to swap Pryor and Braden but they both can’t handle speed 

Just now, coltsfan_canada said:

After seeing tonight I will still take Matty ice over Wilson but in the offseason after Wentz separation I wanted to see Marcus Mariota or Jameis Winston but I still think Matty ice is the better option than them. 

We need to draft a QB and let Ryan play out his last year 

5 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Raimann seemed to hold up in the 2nd half. 

I don’t know if he was flagged for 3 or 4 holds….   But I thought the 2nd one was a bogus call.   Looked like the DE had his feet go out from under him and the ref assumed that Raimann held and forced him to the ground.   That’s what it looked like to me, I don’t know about anyone else?

Appreciate your observation about BR in the 2nd half.   Thanks for making it.   :thmup:

4 minutes ago, runthepost said:

He still threw 2 picks straight at defenders. Ryan was terrible, Wilson was burning thrash

The vast majority of our problems are O-line related.   Ryan is pressing because if he doesn’t make a play, the O quickly stalls out.   Ryan will play better when the O-line plays much better and the play calling gets better. 

Some of these short throws and crossing routes i observed are wide open if hed get the ball out of his hands quick enough so the receiver can get RAC yards. He passes those up and then forces whats left into a crowd to be picked off. Or since he missed the quick read he becomes a statue in the pocket and gets sacked. Or he fumbles.

4 hours ago, Bert Johns said:

Do you think Nick Foles isn’t a statue? 

31 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

The vast majority of our problems are O-line related.   Ryan is pressing because if he doesn’t make a play, the O quickly stalls out.   Ryan will play better when the O-line plays much better and the play calling gets better. 

No Taylor tonight, Matt played a good game overall. Some don't see it like that but he was being real conservative. Through 5 games at 2-2-1, I will take it. We will be 100% healthy when we play Jacks again and this was a huge win for the players moving forward as in now this gives us hope.

Archived