Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

You can't fix a problem if you don't what it is.

AustexColt

You can't fix it if you don't know what is the real problem. Frank has been telling us that at each media conference. Ballard is definitely clueless because he undid what was working. Last year we had the best running game with JT with Glowinski and Chris Reed. We need a LT. Ballard undoes Glowinski and Reed and today we have no RG and LT. 

We all know that Matt Ryan is having problems taking snaps and fumbling. The guy is a 37year old vet. Has anybody ever considered that the problem is Matt Ryan. The problem could be physical (his hand strength - muscle). Like I said you can't solve the problem if you don't what is the problem. We are hoping it does not take 17 weeks.

1 minute ago, AustexColt said:

You can't fix it if you don't know what is the real problem. Frank has been telling us that at each media conference. Ballard is definitely clueless because he undid what was working. Last year we had the best running game with JT with Glowinski and Chris Reed. We need a LT. Ballard undoes Glowinski and Reed and today we have no RG and LT. 

We all know that Matt Ryan is having problems taking snaps and fumbling. The guy is a 37year old vet. Has anybody ever considered that the problem is Matt Ryan. The problem could be physical (his hand strength - muscle). Like I said you can't solve the problem if you don't what is the problem. We are hoping it does not take 17 weeks.

Just because we don’t talk specifics publicly, doesn’t mean we don’t know what the problem is.    There’s a reason why these things are kept behind closed doors where they belong.  

Fans want a public explanation right now.   That’s not how this works.  You keep things internal.   You don’t throw anyone under the bus.   You work to get better. 

I don’t know why you’d think we don’t know what the problem is?   

1 minute ago, Maniac53 said:

Is that what you want for your Colts team??

What I want doesn’t matter.  Now if you ask is that what Irsay wants I’d say that does matter and Irsay has proven over and over he’s not one of those types of owners.  I am not going to suggest he will turn into one either.  I am just saying the idea that fans can force their owners into action by not going is a fantasy fans like to tell themselves to make themselves think they have some control when they don’t.  Lucky for Colts fans they have an owner that does care about winning above all else so they don’t have to worry about him just sitting there collecting his profits like some other sports franchises owners do.

3 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I think at least part of the problem is Jacksonville.. If we could somehow move them out of the division then we wouldn't have to lose to them in Jacksonville every year.

Problem solved! :funny:

Check once if the hurricane lifted that city to Bermuda side. 

Well, its not.. Colts are still Doomed. 

The problem is mostly Frank Reich.   He doesn't get his team up for games.  

He doesn't scheme to us the talent on the team how it should be used.

His play-calling is not good.   He needs to give it up so he can concentrate on what the team needs from him.   He's proven time and time again that he cannot handle doing the play-calling and paying attention to what he needs to pay attention to.  

11 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Just because we don’t talk specifics publicly, doesn’t mean we don’t know what the problem is.    There’s a reason why these things are kept behind closed doors where they belong.  

Fans want a public explanation right now.   That’s not how this works.  You keep things internal.   You don’t throw anyone under the bus.   You work to get better. 

Talking like you’re a part of the front office….

Lol I’m all for solutions, but I don’t think the answer is that Matt Ryan has lost hand strength. A couple of fumbles have been misplayed between him and the center and a couple he has just been straight blasted. It happens. Not excusing it, but it happens to every player when they get rocked like that.

12 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

What makes you believe you know??? You are a fan and fans unlike players pay to watch, guzzle liquor and form silly opinions versus working on the games 365days a year.

Frank seems to have 7-8 primary plays. His up the gut run blocking is failing badly, his blocking to the outside quick passes is miserable, Ryan is bumblin', fumblin', mumblin' us out of games.
Reminds me of how the Browns played for a couple decades. We gonna find a way to lose!

14 hours ago, AustexColt said:

What's wrong with know?

2 hours ago, King Colt said:

What makes you believe you know??? You are a fan and fans unlike players pay to watch, guzzle liquor and form silly opinions versus working on the games 365days a year.

Im also a retired member of the media.   Covered the Rams and Raiders here in Los Angeles.    

But even if I wasn’t, I have logic and common sense.   Well run franchises do not talk about their problems publicly and throw their own players or coaches under the bus.    When was the last time you heard a coach trash his own player or position coach in season while they try to fix a problem?   Doesn’t happen.   If the team needs to, they cut the player or fire the coach and say something standard like “we needed to go in a new direction”.   

Heck, Irsay trashed Wentz after the season and has been criticized both by media and fans for doing it.   You keep things behind closed doors where they belong.    Which is what I wrote. 

You and others are free to trash the team and drink all the liquor you want.   Just as I’m free to observe that it looks silly for a fan to think they know what the problem is, but the team doesn’t.    Cheers!    

From a roster construction standpoint, there are certainly issues that are fairly clear.

But I think it all comes down to one position...QB. This team has had a QB issues for most of the time since Luck retired. And with that, they haven't been able to create a real identity on offense. Have to get that settled first.

Archived