Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tight Ends

IrsaysArmy

Very happy to see our tight ends make some plays today. If we can get production from our tight ends it takes some sting away from lacking some explosive wide receivers. I watched bits and pieces of the game. I know it’s early and might be a hot take but Woods has the chance to become a top tight end in this league in my humble opinion.

Which by the way, if Pierce can continue to improve and become a reliable target for us, our receiving corp wouldn’t be all that bad with him and Pittman. 

13 minutes ago, w87r said:

I feel good about our TE room.

Really like what Woods and Granson brings.

Alie-Cox - haven't heard his name much, which can be good and bad.

I'm still not sold on Granson, but he's made some plays, so we'll see.

With as much praise as Ogletree was getting in the offseason, ahead of Woods, I'm excited to see him back next season and hopefully have an even stronger TE room.

3 minutes ago, Shive said:

I'm still not sold on Granson, but he's made some plays, so we'll see.

With as much praise as Ogletree was getting in the offseason, ahead of Woods, I'm excited to see him back next season and hopefully have an even stronger TE room.

I know his SPT presence is good enough, hopefully he can settle in as number 3 TE.

Think he has been running #2 TE snaps but a 2 TD performance by Woods and stellar SPT performance by Granson should flip those roles.

Ogletree could make it interesting next year. I know it is early but if Mo Alie-Cox doesn't start making more of impact on the games, his contract might be expendable come next year.

3 hours ago, w87r said:

I know his SPT presence is good enough, hopefully he can settle in as number 3 TE.

Think he has been running #2 TE snaps but a 2 TD performance by Woods and stellar SPT performance by Granson should flip those roles.

Ogletree could make it interesting next year. I know it is early but if Mo Alie-Cox doesn't start making more of impact on the games, his contract might be expendable come next year.

MAC is the best blocker of the bunch, which is keeping him out as a target for passplays. 

6 hours ago, w87r said:

I always felt like MACs contract was setup so they could get out of it after this year. He is guaranteed 2.4m of his 5.3m salary next year so it could go either way. Basically a cheap hedge to see if he can be a solid 1TE. I think we will see all three of our TEs contribute through the year and someone will establish themselves as #1. 

11 hours ago, chad72 said:

Jacob Tamme is what Granson reminds me of. Jelani Woods has Antonio Gates potential, IMO. 

We can only hope! In his younger days Gates was absolutely uncoverable, with terrific hands that could catch any ball near him no matter how hard  it was thrown.

12 hours ago, EastStreet said:

I'd prefer MAC as QB sneak with inches to go. He gets YAC. 

Better than Hines up the middle, or a bad timing (early jump) JT. 

On the other hand, Jacoby Brissett is what 31 out of 32 on QB sneaks this year in 3 games?? He sure learnt the art of QB sneak from Tom Brady. Browns are getting their money's worth for the backup QB to make up for that ridiculous contract for Watson. :) 

I think the TE room is okay. I’m not sold on Granson. He’s dropped a couple and he doesn’t add anything dynamic to the offense. MAC is not a number 1 TE. It’s a shame we didn’t get to see much of the kid from Youngstown. I’d say we should keep adding bodies there. I think Woods can be really good. Not top 5 TE in the league good, but top 10.

11 hours ago, chad72 said:

On the other hand, Jacoby Brissett is what 31 out of 32 on QB sneaks this year in 3 games?? He sure learnt the art of QB sneak from Tom Brady. Browns are getting their money's worth for the backup QB to make up for that ridiculous contract for Watson. :) 

I'm sure MAC can manage a sneak. He's a good blocker, and has had good YAC receiving. I'd be OK with Nelson or Raimann on sneaks lol.... 

Archived