Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NCAA Football 2022

16 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Georgia beat Michigan last year pretty easily in the Final 4 but I would love to see that rematch. Michigan seems like they are on a mission now. What is funny is out of the 4 teams, TCU IMO has the best QB in Max but they aren't better than Georgia, Michigan, or USC team wise.

USC reminds me of OK teams. Good passing O, but can't go far outside the conference. 

IMO, OSU is better than USC. Heck, Bama is better too. 

On TCU.. Watched several games. They've played nobody outside of the B12. And have several close wins. Wouldn't be shocked if they lost to KSU on a neutral field. If they make the CFP, they'd get easily beaten by UGA or Michigan... Or OSU or Bama... 

Just now, EastStreet said:

USC reminds me of OK teams. Good passing O, but can't go far outside the conference. 

IMO, OSU is better than USC. Heck, Bama is better too. 

On TCU.. Watched several games. They've played nobody outside of the B12. And have several close wins. Wouldn't be shocked if they lost to KSU on a neutral field. If they make the CFP, they'd get easily beaten by UGA or Michigan... Or OSU or Bama... 

K.State will be a very tough test for TCU. I can see that being very close, K.State is good. I think TCU will pull it out though. Max Duggan seems to find a way.

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

K.State will be a very tough test for TCU. I can see that being very close, K.State is good. I think TCU will pull it out though. Max Duggan seems to find a way.

KSU is good, and normally solid.. And they always have an upset or two each year. But I just think the B12 is weak this year.

They'd (B12) be better if they let TX and OK move to the SEC now and start building the "new B12" now. Outside of the SEC and B10, the other 3 P5s are pretty weak this year. 

2 hours ago, NFLfan said:

@2006Coltsbestever I did not realize that former Colts LB Trev Alberts was the athletic director there. I have not followed college football closely. Anyway, I know that is your favorite college football team. Alberts Rhule's team :thmup:

Yeah everyone around here has always loved Notre Dame. I chose Nebraska in the early 80's. Just loved their style and wanted to be different. They are also mid-west. We dominated the 90's, the 1995 Cornhuskers is hands down the greatest team ever. People like to say athlete's are better now days and the passing game has improved. Florida had one of the best passing games ever under Spurrier and we destroyed them 62-24. The 1995 Nebraska O.Line on average was over 300 pound and our RB's were powerful and lightning. We would have beat Florida without Phillips because we had 2 other RB's that were just as good + we had Tommie who could throw an accurate ball 10 yards in.

21 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah everyone around here has always loved Notre Dame. I chose Nebraska in the early 80's. Just loved their style and wanted to be different. They are also mid-west. We dominated the 90's, the 1995 Cornhuskers is hands down the greatest team ever. People like to say athlete's are better now days and the passing game has improved. Florida had one of the best passing games ever under Spurrier and we destroyed them 62-24. The 1995 Nebraska O.Line on average was over 300 pound and our RB's were powerful and lightning. We would have beat Florida without Phillips because we had 2 other RB's that were just as good + we had Tommie who could throw an accurate ball 10 yards in.

I don't know if Nebraska will ever be back.   Only 1 winning season since 2014.  

1 hour ago, Myles said:

I don't know if Nebraska will ever be back.   Only 1 winning season since 2014.  

Yeah they have been bad recently. Michigan in today's game is playing the same style Nebraska did in the 90's, so right there proves you can just run the football, wear teams down with a dominant O.Line, and just have a QB that makes key plays. Back in the 90's, Nebraska killed Florida who had a high powered passing game in 1995. They also beat Miami in 1994 who was a high powered passing team. When Nebraska won it all in 1997 they made Peyton look average when they smoked Tennessee.

On 12/5/2022 at 7:15 AM, Myles said:

Georgia

Michigan

TCU

Ohio State

Michigan should be thrilled that TCU didn't drop to #4 after losing the Big 12 Championship game.

They wanted to have Michigan - Ohio State saved for the grand finale for ratings but Georgia will have something to say about it. Ohio State has the WRs to give Georgia trouble but it will be like Belichick jamming WRs physically, Kirby Smart's approach. Let us see if Marvin Harrison Jr. is up for it. :) 

I just saw that offensive linemen can move up to 3 yards on a pass play in college versus just 1 yard on a pass play at the NFL. 

That also explains why it is harder to stay engaged at the NFL level leading to more tipped balls and also why play action is even more effective in college than the NFL thus leading to WRs running open more often. 

• 4 weeks later...

Michigan got absolutely screwed by the REFS, all the analysts today said that was a TD by Michigan on the 50 yard pass which would have made it 14-10. He didn't have control of it until he was in the endzone. Next play - fumble! Huge swing. Then at the end of the game with still 25 seconds left, that was a clear personal foul/launching which would have gave Michigan 1st down at midfield with time for at least 3 plays, maybe 4 plays. I think it is cool TCU won but Michigan got the short end of the stick by the REFS on that one. To Harbaugh's credit, he didn't say anything about the REFS in his post game presser but you could tell he was fuming. I keep trying to tell people that Max Duggan is the real deal.

I am ok with Georgia winning, Ohio St just flat out choked and that FG kicker pulled a bigtime Vanderjagt lmao . That might be the worse kick I have ever seen for a game winner.

5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Michigan got absolutely screwed by the REFS, all the analysts today said that was a TD by Michigan on the 50 yard pass which would have made it 14-10. He didn't have control of it until he was in the endzone. Next play - fumble! Huge swing. Then at the end of the game with still 25 seconds left, that was a clear personal foul/launching which would have gave Michigan 1st down at midfield with time for at least 3 plays, maybe 4 plays. I think it is cool TCU won but Michigan got the short end of the stick by the REFS on that one. To Harbaugh's credit, he didn't say anything about the REFS in his post game presser but you could tell he was fuming. I keep trying to tell people that Max Duggan is the real deal.

I am ok with Georgia winning, Ohio St just flat out choked and that FG kicker pulled a bigtime Vanderjagt lmao . That might be the worse kick I have ever seen for a game winner.

The same for Ohio State. 

3 hours ago, holeymoley99 said:

It's TCU's title to lose, Georgia really struggled vs Ohio State whom Michigan handled easily. Georgia would not have beat Michigan yesterday.  No reason why this line should be 14 except Georgia's name vs TCU's.

Well, none of it works that way, but yep, TCU is capable. 

3 hours ago, holeymoley99 said:

It's TCU's title to lose, Georgia really struggled vs Ohio State whom Michigan handled easily. Georgia would not have beat Michigan yesterday.  No reason why this line should be 14 except Georgia's name vs TCU's.

Michigan had several clown mistakes, so wouldn't assume TCU is the favorite. 

I'm cheering for TCU big time, but I'd say UGA wins by 14-20. 

On 1/1/2023 at 5:00 PM, holeymoley99 said:

I think Georgia is going to stomp TCU.   I'll be rooting for TCU of course, but Georgia has the better players.  

Michigan seemed like they were trying to lose.   The first drive, they go down to the 2 yard line and instead of kicking a FG, they go for it on 4th down.  They have one of the best offensive lines in college football but they do not try to run it up the gut.   Instead, they try some trickery that gets sniffed out and they lose yardage.   

5 hours ago, Myles said:

I think Georgia is going to stomp TCU.   I'll be rooting for TCU of course, but Georgia has the better players.  

Michigan seemed like they were trying to lose.   The first drive, they go down to the 2 yard line and instead of kicking a FG, they go for it on 4th down.  They have one of the best offensive lines in college football but they do not try to run it up the gut.   Instead, they try some trickery that gets sniffed out and they lose yardage.   

Many teams TCU has beaten have better players but arent getting the most out of the talent they have. Max has played great all year and this game will be his exclamation point on the season IMO. Quentin Johnston an elite WR with great size.

6 hours ago, landrus13 said:

I'm excited for the title game tomorrow. TCU is a great story but I'm not sure they can beat UGA tomorrow. I'd love to see TCU knock them off though.

Same hear.  I supposed if Georgia stomps them, I won't have to stay up for the whole game. 

16 hours ago, Myles said:

Same hear.  I supposed if Georgia stomps them, I won't have to stay up for the whole game. 

Ohio State offense had the goods to keep up with Georgia. Georgia, like Alabama a few years ago, flat out wins in the trenches. Can’t stop their run or get past their OL to rush the passer or run against them, so only way is to have a very good passing attack. Duggan is a product of the spread offense TCU runs and is a better Sam Ehlinger, that’s all.

Georgia vs Buckeyes was the true finals and Michigan would have fought them well too if J J McCarthy didn’t crap the bed with 2 horrendous pick sixes plus a fumble coughed up at the goal line.

Georgia still doesn't make a pimple on the 1995 Cornhuskers team rear. My 1995 team would destroy any of these fools today.

1995 Cornhuskers

Average O.Line was 310 pounds

Fastest defense in the nation per Player college rank

Average game per win = 38 points

Greatest option team ever per college analysts

12-0 W/L record.

Archived