Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Nyheim Hines

TheBlueAndWhite

10 minutes ago, Myles said:

That is still on Reich.  If he cannot control his players, that is a big fault.  

Where's Wentz? Has anyone seen Wentz?
  Bobby Knight would have benched him till he got his mind right!

But, he might still be here so, there is that.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It is kind of tough to look good as a play caller when you have Wentz or Brissett at QB. Like I mentioned before when Reich had Luck and Rivers he looked good. How did Vrable look against Cincy? They were the #1 seed and had a loaded team and lost to Cincy as 6 point favorites at home. You bash Reich but fail to see other coaches make the same mistakes at times. Give Reich a good QB and he will be fine as proven with Luck and Rivers. He went 7-7 with JB (games JB started and finished) who is basically a backup, we were 9-6 last year with Wentz until Wentz took a big dump.

I was referring to the person you said this:

Frank wanted Hines utilized but wentz declined to do it.

If Frank could not control his players, it is on him.  

54 minutes ago, Myles said:

It is controlled because Wentz is gone. You made my point. If Irsay thought it was a Frank problem, Wentz would still be here and Frank would be gone :thmup:

Although I don't think Frank is great but there is no coach in the world that could have had the record he had at 7-7 with JB, 9-8 with Wentz in games they both started and finished. He was basically 16-15. Belichick went 17-16 with Cam Newton and Mac Jones. Just food for thought when some don't think Frank is at least good. 

As of now I seriously doubt Belichick will ever win another SB because Mac Jones doesn't make a pimple on Brady's behind. 

Every coach that is in GOAT convo has had a great QB:

Belichick - Tom Brady

Lombardi - Bart Starr

Shula - Griese and Marino

Knoll - Bradshaw + a super D

Landry - Staubach

Walsh - Montana

Dungy even had Peyton lmao 

Frank - had Andrew Luck for 1 year homer running in place GIF

Kubiak had Peyton + a super D and nobody thinks he is better than Frank. It takes players to help the coach win, besides just great coaching. Wentz laid a turd in the last 2 games so quit blaming Frank for that bologna. 

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It is controlled because Wentz is gone. You made my point. If Irsay thought it was a Frank problem, Wentz would still be here and Frank would be gone :thmup:

In a 17 game season, Frank should have been able to control his QB.  Either he didn't want o or he couldn't do it.  If he wanted to run Taylor 2 times in a row, the head coach should be able to make that happen.   

16 minutes ago, Myles said:

In a 17 game season, Frank should have been able to control his QB.  Either he didn't want o or he couldn't do it.  If he wanted to run Taylor 2 times in a row, the head coach should be able to make that happen.   

So, around mid season or later, the coaches realize that it is not just circumstance, but that Carson is not going to adhere to strict play calling and will use the option in the moment that best suits his game. Are you suggesting that with a playoff run in tow, that the team bench him, and start Sam. 

1 hour ago, Four2itus said:

So, around mid season or later, the coaches realize that it is not just circumstance, but that Carson is not going to adhere to strict play calling and will use the option in the moment that best suits his game. Are you suggesting that with a playoff run in tow, that the team bench him, and start Sam. 

No, but Frank should be able to call the plays he wants to.   i put the blame on Reich.

1 minute ago, Myles said:

No, but Frank should be able to call the plays he wants to.   i put the blame on Reich.

I understand, but it would be my guess, that to win against fluid defenses, there had to have been choices available at the LOS. Perhaps Wentz manipulated those choices too many times, apologized, and they were forced with...sit him and crash the playoff chances, or ride with it and hope he finally falls in line for the playoffs. 

I blame Frank for his denial about Carson's coachability. I don't blame the staff for not pulling him mid season. 

On 4/2/2022 at 8:58 PM, TheBlueAndWhite said:

Something that has absolutely got to change, his usage last year was  borderline criminal, I'm not sure what Frank was thinking last year, but I hope he understands that continuing to sit nyheim on the bench for the majority of the ball games, has hurt this team, and will continue to, if it isn't corrected.

That said, how would you utilize him, having Taylor in the backfield as the bell cow, Thoughts? 

I think the obvious answer is to run the offense like Frank wants it to be run.

Rivers did that and Hines was plenty involved in 2020 and put up big numbers.

Wentz did too much free styling looking for the big plays down field instead of taking what the defense was giving him.  He was not properly running the offense or he did not truly understand the offense.  He always looked deep first, and when the deep play wasn't there, he held the ball too long and took a sack. OR he threw the ball away OR threw a pick.

Under Ryan, Hines will return to similar numbers that he produced under Rivers.

On 4/4/2022 at 12:55 PM, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Yeah Wentz wasn't a accurate passer and not very good.... And he's gone but he wasn't the reason the team got killed by the worst team in the league in a win and your in game.

What about all the games he lost before ? Ravens bucs titans rams . We wouldn't be in that situation if he could finish games you feel me ?

4 hours ago, Alex22 said:

What about all the games he lost before ? Ravens bucs titans rams . We wouldn't be in that situation if he could finish games you feel me ?

I'm not a Wentz apologist. During a game last year, I think it was against the cards, I texted my brother "is he as bad as Brissett"? Lol 

But not every loss was his fault....I remember that the pass defense was totally embarrassed vs the Ravens in the second half. Against the bucs Reich with the lead called 25 straight pass plays ignoring our best player... early in the season the OL couldn't have blocked me and was ranked 31st in pass blocking....etc..

He's gone and that's good, but that also makes it easier for him to be the scapegoat for the rest of the team and coaching!

25 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I'm not a Wentz apologist. During a game last year, I think it was against the cards, I texted my brother "is he as bad as Brissett"? Lol 

But not every loss was his fault....I remember that the pass defense was totally embarrassed vs the Ravens in the second half. Against the bucs Reich with the lead called 25 straight pass plays ignoring our best player... early in the season the OL couldn't have blocked me and was ranked 31st in pass blocking....etc..

He's gone and that's good, but that also makes it easier for him to be the scapegoat for the rest of the team and coaching!

If your going to pick on Wentz, the AZ game is not really the game to do it. 

76 QBR, 113 PR. 2 TDs 0 INTs. 

He was #2 in QBR from like game 5-15.

Not sure on those #s, but should be close.

We're past that now. Hoping MR is gold. I'm a big fan of his. Just not sure about the age. 

19 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

You realise Carson checked out of the run plays alot to be the straight pass plays? 

That's part of the reason it wasn't working for the o line 

You could see Carson at the line say kill and rub his chest like a gorilla when he wanted to pass the ball 

On 4/4/2022 at 2:53 AM, Farns01 said:

I keep hearing people blame the coaching in the last game.  On the Hard Knocks final episode you see the coaching staff constantly telling the players do not overlook the Jags.  This will be their Superbowl if the beat us.  I put the blame on the players for not paying attention.

But I think Frank and the coaches focused too much on the negative that “could” happen & hyping the Jags up.  It’s like we talked up our own demise.  Sure you mention they could beat us but then pivot the focus onto why they won’t because of our preparations.  Instead it was all Jags… all they can beat us…  

Remember Frank’s 1st speech that episode he said quote “The Jags will beat us” then paused.  Then tried to redirect. But his very first line said it all.  Not the Jags “can” beat us but they “will”.   And the rest of the coaches followed suit with repeating that the Jags could/would beat us and that negative energy spread throughout the building and onto the field vs Jags.  Poor leadership from Frank & the coaches in my opinion. 

On 4/3/2022 at 10:43 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

4.4 QBR and we lost to the Raiders too when he had TY wide open.

I was there with Family and it broke my heart but after the loss to the JAGS I quickly saw how one dimensional we became!  Blame it on the QB, OL or WR's not getting separation but it was our passing game that both the Raiders and Jags did not respect.  Today, Ballard has yet to address the lack of a quality wr corps that I see being yet again our Achilles heal in 2022.   

The o line got their adz kicked the last 6.5 quarters v. jAGS and the D got torched the last 5.5.  Torched, embarrassed, pushed around.

Carson and Taylor had little chance.

it’s simplistic to blame Wentz but that’s the easiest thing to to both for fans and the Colts org.

BTW, don’t like Wentz and glad he’s gone.  But it’s like blaming Germany for world insanity in WWI or Steve Bartman for 03.

1 hour ago, Nickster said:

The o line got their adz kicked the last 6.5 quarters v. jAGS and the D got torched the last 5.5.  Torched, embarrassed, pushed around.

Carson and Taylor had little chance.

it’s simplistic to blame Wentz but that’s the easiest thing to to both for fans and the Colts org.

BTW, don’t like Wentz and glad he’s gone.  But it’s like blaming Germany for world insanity in WWI or Steve Bartman for 03.

4 of our 5 lineman were playing, but were playing beat up and some post covid. And they Were dismal. If healthy, we very possibly would still have Wentz. I LIKE our current situation much better. Yippy!

On 4/5/2022 at 10:22 AM, Myles said:

that was me.

I get what you’re saying but it’s on both of them.  Moreso wentz than Reich.  If all week I tell you to do something then you don’t do it then that’s majority your fault.  I blame Reich a little because he didn’t put his foot down and control wentz when it came to that but most of that falls on the qb for not executing if the coach is actually having him practice all week.

On 4/6/2022 at 9:30 PM, BornHoosier said:

I was there with Family and it broke my heart but after the loss to the JAGS I quickly saw how one dimensional we became!  Blame it on the QB, OL or WR's not getting separation but it was our passing game that both the Raiders and Jags did not respect.  Today, Ballard has yet to address the lack of a quality wr corps that I see being yet again our Achilles heal in 2022.   

I think we’ll be fine.  We should be able to grab a good one in the draft and FA isn’t done yet so there’s hope.  Also hoping PC actually has a healthy year for once.  A trio of Pitt, PC, and rookie wr and add in Hines as another threat and Matt should be able to pick apart defenses.  My only worry right now is we don’t have a down field threat outside of PC who were hoping is healthy for once in his NFL career.

Archived