Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Randle and Sanu

These two guys are strange prospects, but I really like them both. There are WR prospects that have more physical gifts than either of them that are slotted to be picked later, but in both cases the film looks better than the combine numbers. I keep giving both of these guys 2nd and 3rd looks because they seem so comfortable on film. I think that they are both savvy WRs that play intelligently and run good routes, but neither projects as a #1 receiver for us. I'd like Sanu in the third if we don't pick Jeffery, Hill, Wright, or Fleener in the 2nd.

Everyone seems to like them. Why?

Sanu is not what we need. He is small and can't get separation (like Jeffery except Jeffery can jump)

And I just don't know much about randle but LSU isn't exactly a WR factory these past few years

Sanu is 6-2, 215....you consider that small? He can separate. His straight line speed is his knock. He has excellent burst out of his break. He is also the best blocking WR in the draft.

Here are a couple of vids.....running the wildcat, blocking, and receiving. I am in no way saying he is the best receiver in the draft, but the dude can ball.

The main knocks I have heard about Sanu is separation and route running. The guy has great hands though and could learn a lot playing behind Reggie Wayne for a year. I like Sanu much more than Randle or Hill.

I think Kendall Wright could be a decent pick. He does have speed as evident on film and at his pro day. He is not big but he can stretch the field and is dynamic. He is a different type of receiver to what we have had previously.

Personally, I think Randle is a bust waiting to happen. He is an athlete but he is not disciplined and really needs to be taught how to play the position. I feel that Hill offers more promise and is a superior athlete but some of his numbers are due to defenses stacking the box to stop the Tech running attack. He needs a lot of work as well.

The main knocks I have heard about Sanu is separation and route running. The guy has great hands though and could learn a lot playing behind Reggie Wayne for a year. I like Sanu much more than Randle or Hill.

I think Kendall Wright could be a decent pick. He does have speed as evident on film and at his pro day. He is not big but he can stretch the field and is dynamic. He is a different type of receiver to what we have had previously.

Personally, I think Randle is a bust waiting to happen. He is an athlete but he is not disciplined and really needs to be taught how to play the position. I feel that Hill offers more promise and is a superior athlete but some of his numbers are due to defenses stacking the box to stop the Tech running attack. He needs a lot of work as well.

Sanu is 6-2, 215....you consider that small? He can separate. His straight line speed is his knock. He has excellent burst out of his break. He is also the best blocking WR in the draft.

Here are a couple of vids.....running the wildcat, blocking, and receiving. I am in no way saying he is the best receiver in the draft, but the dude can ball.

The 1 handed up and away grab in endzone was awesome.Looks very comfortable like the drop the pads take the hit keep the legs driving.Could be the next best thing you never know.

He can separate at the college level. Don't see him being able to do it at the NFL level. Wright and Hill (if he falls) would be the only WR'ers I would take in the 2nd. Might look at Sanu in the 3rd if he's there.

Everyone seems to like them. Why?

Sanu is not what we need. He is small and can't get separation (like Jeffery except Jeffery can jump)

And I just don't know much about randle but LSU isn't exactly a WR factory these past few years

Clayton + Doucet aren't bad, but that Dwayne Bowe guy is useless.

If we do pick Sanu, it suggests that we may be willing to play a little out of the Wildcat formation. That would be interesting, but would it fit well with what the coaches feel Luck does best? So, do we take Luck out during those plays? Do we line Luck up as a receiver? (He has done that in the past, BTW.)

Wow. :mindblow:

The 1 handed up and away grab in endzone was awesome.Looks very comfortable like the drop the pads take the hit keep the legs driving.Could be the next best thing you never know.

its a highlight reel, its going to make him look good but what it doesnt show is his inability to get separation

i feel like he will be a poor mans welker and i really am not crazy for that i would rather have a poor man mega tron (jeffery/ hill)

That I doubt. He does seem very comfortable on the field, but I disagree with him being the best blocking WR in the draft.

The guy I want to see the Colts consider is Marvin Jones, and they wouldn't have to spend #34 to get him. Great hands, great route running, not blazing, but knows how to get separation with good footwork and technique. He's a little under the radar, and would be a solid value grab (possibly early day 3?).

because lots of people on this board want the colts to select a wr no matter what....foolish but true

We have an 33 yr old Wayne, and injury prone Collie and Avery...why is WR such a foolish choice? And what is NOT a foolish choice since we clearly don't have that many needs...

I hope it's BPA. If the best player happens to be a WR, I hope they get him.

We have an 33 yr old Wayne, and injury prone Collie and Avery...why is WR such a foolish choice? And what is NOT a foolish choice since we clearly don't have that many needs...

I hope it's BPA. If the best player happens to be a WR, I hope they get him.

i said "no matter what". like you, and thankfully grigson, i believe in bpa...but some people just slot in a wr in the second round regardless....

i said "no matter what". like you, and thankfully grigson, i believe in bpa...but some people just slot in a wr in the second round regardless....

no i'm not limited to WR. I don't think there is a TE, including Fleener that I would take at #34. That's a debate for another day...but I wouldn't mind going O-line either. Generally, you want to give your new QB a shiny new weapon to play with, so I'd like to stick with offense, but if the BPA is a Defensive guy...so be it.