Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts' players recruiting FAs on Twitter

CurBeatElite

That's a tweet from Leonard about Allen Robinson.. earlier he tweeted to Chandler Jones that he knows a LB who'd like to have CJ beside him.. Kenny Moore also had something to say about Chandler and tweeted about DeShawn Watson..

Interesting. All I've seen from irsay so far is that we resigned MAC.. I wonder if he reads and is impacted at all by tweets from his probowlers??

5 minutes ago, CurBeatElite said:

That's a tweet from Leonard about Allen Robinson.. earlier he tweeted to Chandler Jones that he knows a LB who'd like to have CJ beside him.. Kenny Moore also had something to say about Chandler and tweeted about DeShawn Watson..

Interesting. All I've seen from irsay so far is that we resigned MAC.. I wonder if he reads and is impacted at all by tweets from his probowlers??

No one is paying attention to that. 

1 hour ago, Patagonia Chris said:

I’ve heard that the players are very unhappy with the teams moves so far. This regime is dead in the water. Next season won’t be pleasant.

Must be true as a very reliable source posted this in another thread. Mentioned Leonard and Nelson by name in another thread.Don't get more reliable the the stud muffin.:facepalm:

TaylorTheStudMuffin

Posted 6 hours ago

Players have been expressing how unhappy they are on Twitter too.

3 minutes ago, Patagonia Chris said:

My friend is Ballard’s Patagonia rep. Needless to say, they talk A LOT.

You're hilarious man. That makes a bunch of sense that Ballard tells his Patagonia rep about his disgruntled players, especially when they are disgruntled specifically by his free agent signings or lack thereof, which ESPN/ NFL network reporters who look 24/7 for stories to dig up dirt can't find .... NOT! 

12 minutes ago, CurBeatElite said:

You're hilarious man. That makes a bunch of sense that Ballard tells his Patagonia rep about his disgruntled players, especially when they are disgruntled specifically by his free agent signings or lack thereof, which ESPN/ NFL network reporters who look 24/7 for stories to dig up dirt can't find .... NOT! 

Not sure you know how sarcasm works? 

Also, source on what ESPN/NFL Network reporters do on a daily basis? It’s been widely reported they’re just mouth pieces for agents and team execs. This was a whole thing with Schefter a couple months ago but I doubt you pay attention. 

25 minutes ago, Patagonia Chris said:

Not sure you know how sarcasm works? 

Also, source on what ESPN/NFL Network reporters do on a daily basis? It’s been widely reported they’re just mouth pieces for agents and team execs. This was a whole thing with Schefter a couple months ago but I doubt you pay attention. 

Haven't seen you post much and nothing about your post screamed sarcasm, especially with you responding to a post about you making unfounded claims about disgruntled players. 

As far as nfl insiders..pro football focus pays 6 figures for minimally experienced nfl insiders to find and report nfl news (with an emphasis on finding news fast and reporting quickly).  https://www.salary.com/job/pff/football-insider-national-nfl-reporter-remote/aab7808e-49dc-4320-8259-44a71bcb5669

I feel like I'm responding to a troll, but literally nfl insiders are paid to find stories and break them on the internet.. my job in this discussion with you is done. Good day, sir.

7 minutes ago, CurBeatElite said:

Haven't seen you post much and nothing about your post screamed sarcasm, especially with you responding to a post about you making unfounded claims about disgruntled players. 

As far as nfl insiders..pro football focus pays 6 figures for minimally experienced nfl insiders to find and report nfl news (with an emphasis on finding news fast and reporting quickly).  https://www.salary.com/job/pff/football-insider-national-nfl-reporter-remote/aab7808e-49dc-4320-8259-44a71bcb5669

I feel like I'm responding to a troll, but literally nfl insiders are paid to find stories and break them on the internet.. my job in this discussion with you is done. Good day, sir.

Knowing people who work in the media, that salary projection is REALLY high. I know how journalism works. I was referencing the Adam Schefter story from October. Seeing as how he is the largest name at ESPN who covers the NFL, fair to say others probably engage in similar tactics, no?

https://thecomeback.com/nfl/media-world-reacts-adam-schefter-emails-bruce-allen.html

12 hours ago, CurBeatElite said:

Too bad Darius couldn't sneak into Ballard's office and send out offers.  He'd sign Robinson, Armstead, Chandler Jones, Gilmore, etc.  (Probably Watson too).

We'd have no cap, but I bet we'd be playing in February 23.

You have to give Leonard points for trying, but it’s hard to get top free agents to come, when you don’t have a QB of note. The best free agents generally take a page from the Labron James stack a team ,and buy a ring club. See the Bucs and Rams. 

Without a stud QB, it’s harder getting top guys unless they are only in it for a big payday. Most obviously ,want both. The ones that just want the big money go to the Jets, and ruin their careers. 

22 minutes ago, The Old Crow said:

You have to give Leonard points for trying, but it’s hard to get top free agents to come, when you don’t have a QB of note. The best free agents generally take a page from the Labron James stack a team ,and buy a ring club. See the Bucs and Rams. 

Without a stud QB, it’s harder getting top guys unless they are only in it for a big payday. Most obviously ,want both. The ones that just want the big money go to the Jets, and ruin their careers. 

Houston doesn't seem to be having a problem attracting guys.  Jags too (yes, they have a QB but being the worst team in the league two years in a row isn't exactly a selling point.)

Yes, guys want to win.  But careers are short and they want to get paid too.

25 minutes ago, The Old Crow said:

Not disagreeing.. and hard to attract a qb when our #1 te is Moe AlieCox and our top WR is a #2 or 3 on most other teams with little proven talent behind him. 

But, if you compare us to a team like Hou or Jax, we're literally a couple pieces away (albeit key pieces like qb, lt) from being elite.. even with a good qb both those teams have plenty of holes throughout the rest of their roster. 

10 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Houston doesn't seem to be having a problem attracting guys.  Jags too (yes, they have a QB but being the worst team in the league two years in a row isn't exactly a selling point.)

Those are probably the Jets kind of free agents. 

10 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Those are probably the Jets kind of free agents. 

Its evident some of the current players want new talent based on their behavior. How are they going to feel if/when Ballard doesn't do anything to bring players in?

A conversation will happen between these players at some point in the near future. How do you expect that to go particularly when they reference Ballard and if the team is improved? 

Archived