Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Super Bowl LVI Gameday discussion thread

ColtsGermany

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, chad72 said:

Things in Rams' favor:

1. Wearing white jerseys (14 out of the last 17 SB winners have worn white).

2. No team with the most sacked QB in regular season has won the SB.

Things in Bengals' favor (some of them recent):

1. The last 3 years, Patrick Mahomes has won the SB or the team that beat Patrick Mahomes has won the SB

2. 2017, 2019, skipping 2 years, the team wearing home jerseys has won the SB. That favors the Bengals.

3. The last person to come back from an 18 pts. deficit in an AFCCG, Peyton Manning, also won the SB.

4. The last time an AFC North team met up an NFC West team (Ravens vs 49ers), the AFC North team won

It is going to be a fun game, no team I truly love or truly hate is in the SB, so I will actually enjoy this game for good football. 

The white jerseys strike again. Clutch drive by Stafford. THIS is why they got him

Stsfford or Kupp for MVP???

4 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

If you're gonna take a deep shot, that's the time to do it - if it fails, you still have 3rd & real short.

I disagree. Get the first down first. JMO. They had no reason to throw deep. If they score too fast, they give the ball back to the Rams. Playcalling was terrible. 

4 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

If you're gonna take a deep shot, that's the time to do it - if it fails, you still have 3rd & real short.

Just now, NFLfan said:

I disagree. Get the first down first. JMO. They had no reason to throw deep. If they score, they give the ball back to the Rams. Playcalling was terrible. 

I agree with the deep shot but the play was blown. 

Just now, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Lol tonight looked like the beginning of the end for him

I feel the worst... For

Confused Los Angeles Rams GIF by Fanatics

They made the SB despite Goff. Plus Brees should have been in his second SB pitting him in 2018 vs Brady, and Sean Payton vs Belichick 

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

I disagree. Get the first down first. JMO. They had no reason to throw deep. If they score, they give the ball back to the Rams. Playcalling was terrible. 

I think it's situational.... 2-1 is a great down to go long... if it's early. Not when you're in the final drive with time running out. And not great when facing Donald and Ramsey (just in general). 

5 minutes ago, IinD said:

Bengals had it last and only needed a fg at basically midfield. They crapped the bed unfortunately.

Rams did it NY Yankees style..

Hey, I loved the Yankees when they played small ball with Knoblauch, Martinez, Bernie, Neil, Jeter, they played as a team under Torre. But later, it was just a bunch of high profile stars like ARod etc., not a true team.

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

I think it's situational.... 2-1 is a great down to go long... if it's early. Not when you're in the final drive with time running out. And not great when facing Donald and Ramsey (just in general). 

Oh yeah. I'm talking about this situation. Time was running out and if they don't make it, it is over.

It is too bad. Their kicker would have tied the game if they did not score a TD. 

Just now, chad72 said:

Hey, I loved the Yankees when they played small ball with Knoblauch, Martinez, Bernie, Jeter, they played as a team. But later, it was just a bunch of high profile stars like ARod etc., not a true team.

I hear you. Haven't heard those names in years. I'm a dual Yankee/Met fan even though it's sacrilegious.

I can't hate on them though, I wouldn't care if Indy continually bought championships. Lol

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Oh yeah. I'm talking about this situation. Time was running out and if they don't make it, it is over.

It is too bad. Their kicker would have tied the game if they did not score a TD. 

Personally I would have pounded the rock twice at 2-1, or perhaps a quick slant. On 4th though, I would have definitely moved JB out of the pocket. 

Archived