Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Super Bowl LVI Gameday discussion thread

ColtsGermany

Good morning to everyone! As I'm probably the first to be awake here, I thought I would create the Gameday discussion thread. 

I'm fired up to see a great SB without TB12, Pats or Chiefs! 

I'm already preparing my snack stadium and can't wait till 00:30 tonight (that's when the game starts over here)!

Wish everyone a great day and enjoy the game! 

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Serious question: Why would anyone who is not a Rams fan root for the Rams? They built their team using players from other teams -- no different than how the Yankees used to build their teams, mortgaging the future. 

Stafford is a nice story but not enough for me to root for the Rams. 

Cincinnati Bengals Football GIF by Bengals

30 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Serious question: Why would anyone who is not a Rams fan root for the Rams? They built their team using players from other teams -- no different than how the Yankees used to build their teams, mortgaging the future. 

I really like Cooper Kupp, so him as an underdog would be someone to root for. He deserves a ring, IMO. Stafford went through an unfathomable amount of incompetence when being a part of the Lions organization. He deserves a ring too for his talent and toughness during those years. And of course for his play this year.

But.. I like Cincy more overall. Their culture is similar to the Colts too. Cincy all the way tonight!

Things in Rams' favor:

1. Wearing white jerseys (14 out of the last 17 SB winners have worn white).

2. No team with the most sacked QB in regular season has won the SB.

Things in Bengals' favor (some of them recent):

1. The last 3 years, Patrick Mahomes has won the SB or the team that beat Patrick Mahomes has won the SB

2. 2017, 2019, skipping 2 years, the team wearing home jerseys has won the SB. That favors the Bengals.

3. The last person to come back from an 18 pts. deficit in an AFCCG, Peyton Manning, also won the SB.

4. The last time an AFC North team met up an NFC West team (Ravens vs 49ers), the AFC North team won

It is going to be a fun game, no team I truly love or truly hate is in the SB, so I will actually enjoy this game for good football. 

Go Bengals! They are definitely the underdog though.

If they don't win, I hope it's in spite of Ramsey, not because of him. As long as Burrow smokes Ramsey a couple of times though, I will be happy. As you might suspect he is very unpopular in Jax.

2 minutes ago, jaxjag said:

Go Bengals! They are definitely the underdog though.

If they don't win, I hope it's in spite of Ramsey, not because of him. As long as Burrow smokes Ramsey a couple of times though, I will be happy. As you might suspect he is very unpopular in Jax.

Yeah, I am not a fan of Ramsey. I think he is unpopular in a lot of places.

This just feels like a real good, feel good game coming up!

I like players on both teams.  My grandkids are Bengals Fans so I am supporting them and yet  I am so impressed with Andrew Whitworth on the Rams.

I'm good with either outcome 

Hoping for a great game. 

25 minutes ago, Gramz said:

This just feels like a real good, feel good game coming up!

I like players on both teams.  My grandkids are Bengals Fans so I am supporting them and yet  I am so impressed with Andrew Whitworth on the Rams.

I'm good with either outcome 

Hoping for a great game. 

I love Whitworth. Great player. When he left the Bengals, I hoped he would have signed with the Vikings. 

6 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Cause maybe they show that they really want & trying to win it all and are going for it. Not to mention they have exciting players that are fun to watch. Using solely the draft to build a winner IS NOT more noble than also trading and signing FA's. 

How you build your team to go to a Super Bowl is irrelevant....the goal is to go to the Super Bowl.

And by the way, I don't really care who wins tonight but am slightly pulling for the Bengals because of Burroughs.

Archived