Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay tweet about QB (MERGE)

CurBeatElite

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I provided one but Seattle would have to take Wentz and Wilson would want to have to come here. There are plenty of trade packages that would work money wise. 

This is a 23 page thread. Can you show me your trade idea.

1 hour ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

I don’t want to get off track but did everyone see what Pacers  just did. The colts might have to come to the same realization in order to get their long term QB.

It is off topic and I don't follow the Pacers at all these days, but it looks like they are blowing up the team to start over?

12 minutes ago, gspdx said:

It is off topic and I don't follow the Pacers at all these days, but it looks like they are blowing up the team to start over?

When Luck retired things changed. I don’t think colts have to blow it all up. But may have to think about using a couple players as trade bait  to get more draft picks in a future draft. Don’t think it does any good this draft with QB being so bad.

ESPN projects Jimmy G traded to the Bucs, he will succeed Brady after all. I expect this to happen as well. 

https://heavy.com/sports/san-francisco-49ers/49ers-trade-jimmy-garoppolo-buccaneers-espn/

Of course, it is just a simulation but there is a good chance the Bucs want to roll with 2-3 year windows with the talent on their team currently and I think Jimmy G is a good fit for them. Jimmy G, when the team around him is talented, can make it to the Final Four. Whether he can win it all, that is a different question. The Bucs will be happy to be in the Final Four for the next few years after Brady, IMO.

But if the 49ers don't want him in the NFC, The Steelers make a lot of sense too since they won't have a shot at Malik Willis and would prefer to get a known commodity with their 2nd rounder in Jimmy G.

7 minutes ago, chad72 said:

ESPN projects Jimmy G traded to the Bucs, he will succeed Brady after all. I expect this to happen as well. 

https://heavy.com/sports/san-francisco-49ers/49ers-trade-jimmy-garoppolo-buccaneers-espn/

Of course, it is just a simulation but there is a good chance the Bucs want to roll with 2-3 year windows with the talent on their team currently and I think Jimmy G is a good fit for them. Jimmy G, when the team around him is talented, can make it to the Final Four. Whether he can win it all, that is a different question. The Bucs will be happy to be in the Final Four for the next few years after Brady, IMO.

But if the 49ers don't want him in the NFC, The Steelers make a lot of sense too since they won't have a shot at Malik Willis and would prefer to get a known commodity with their 2nd rounder in Jimmy G.

It actually makes very good sense while they sort out their next move at QB. I just not sure he will for well with the explosive weapons they have. But I think the only guy they have under contract is evans so the WR room might take a bit of a hit.

Steelers  can get Willis is they want to move up. He might even drop. Teams are nervous with him. But Jimmy makes sense in PItt too. I just don’t see Jimmy making sense with colts when Wentz is here. If we were coming off Jacoby like in 2019 it might make more sense. Mr guess we will here soon abort Jimmy. Probably in a couple weeks. Things will heat up once the SB is over.

On 2/7/2022 at 7:29 PM, BlackTiger said:

the pacers need to pick one of the centers, trade the other and build a modern nba team around shooters 

I disagree so heartedly but I don't even want to respond to this cause not a Pacer thread. But since I started this conversation I apologize. Cheers mate :shake:

20 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

LMAO. Kevin Bowen is reporting Wentz was with Irsay on his private jet in Knoxville.  Kevin says he is confused. Was it a stop to get to the SB. Wouldnt it be strange Irsay invited Wentz on his jet.

Starts at 1:08.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/kevin-query-podcast/id1213953865?i=1000550806061

Irsay and Wentz walk into a bar…lol 

5 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

You need to listen to the segment. It’s pretty funny. Maybe Irsay doesn’t hate him as much as people think. Kevin said he was sent pictures. Same person that sent him a message Bradley was getting hired.

It’s all crazy this time of year. I normally listen to the morning show but got busy at work. Regardless of who is QB for the colts they have my full support. I’ll just be happy when we know and all this stuff is history. 

Still see Carson as our QB next year. I hope we can have a better training camp in July, so perhaps we can actually start out the season with some wins for a change. Looking ahead, I really can't see how we'll be able to improve enough to be a contender with limited resources during the offseason. Kind of feels like Ballard dug himself into a hole. 

4 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

It’s just funny with everyone making a fuss at how mad Irsay was with him in the media that it actually isn’t as bad as what media was making it out to be. 

You yourself posted countless times about their relationship.    Saying you were tired of Irsay.   Maybe let things play out before freaking out

5 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

You yourself posted countless times about their relationship.    Saying you were tired of Irsay.   Maybe let things play out before freaking out

I was just saying with what media has been saying about how mad Irsay is it just makes me laugh. All of us over react to things immediately after something happens. I still think Irsay is too out spoken and saying stuff he shouldn’t. But that’s who he has always been.

3 hours ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

You need to listen to the segment. It’s pretty funny. Maybe Irsay doesn’t hate him as much as people think. Kevin said he was sent pictures. Same person that sent him a message Bradley was getting hired.

Only people who run with rampant speculation thinks Irsay hates Wentz.

I completely doubt he’s sold on him as the franchise guy. That doesn’t mean he doesn’t want him to be though. 

I don’t think Irsay hates Wentz I just think he feels the team needs better QB play with the playoffs on the line.  If Ballard and Reich tell him Wentz can do it he will be fine with it.  I’ve never for one second thought he went into that meeting with Ballard and Reich and said Wentz has to go.  I do think he told them he expects the QB play to be better and it’s up to Ballard and Reich to figure out if Wentz can do that or if they need to get someone else.  Clearly their futures will depend on getting that decision right.

14 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

I don’t think Irsay hates Wentz I just think he feels the team needs better QB play with the playoffs on the line.  If Ballard and Reich tell him Wentz can do it he will be fine with it.  I’ve never for one second thought he went into that meeting with Ballard and Reich and said Wentz has to go.  I do think he told them he expects the QB play to be better and it’s up to Ballard and Reich to figure out if Wentz can do that or if they need to get someone else.  Clearly their futures will depend on getting that decision right.

"I just think he feels the team needs better QB play with the playoffs on the line". You think? I know and anyone that says different is lying lmao .

5 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

Curious how that ties into Wentz being on Irsay’s jet…if at all.

Mort is pretty plugged so he must have heard something. If this is true, then I assume they are going to try to do whatever they can to offload his cap hit.

"So Carson... on what remote desert island do you want me to drop you off?" 

4 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

Which team would trade for him?

Tampa Bay... there are some very flattering quotes from Arians about Wentz.

Panthers? There are teams with worse QB situation than us... no idea if they'd be willing to trade for him though... but keep in mind that whoever is trading for him will will get him for 13M next year and not the 28M we would have to pay him. 

Archived