Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is this it for Tom Brady?


Recommended Posts

53 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah, in an odd way I will miss it but that is the fan in me. He along with Peyton and Montana are just dude's that dominate. They could be down by 21 and come back like it is nothing. 

Believe me, I won’t miss him when he retires. So sick of watching him get special treatment and rarely take a hit. He was crying today because he got a bloody lip. Probably was the most physical damage his body received all year.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, King Colt said:

He had a great year why quit?


I feel like that team will be drastically different. Probably No Gronk, Godwin, along with aging players on the DL.I wouldn’t be surprised if he retires already accomplished his goal giving that team a ring.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was actually turning a corner last year and started respecting Brady and was thinking that'll be sad when he retires. 

 

Then he talked more smack about the Colts AGAIN last year, and I went back to "Can't wait to see this punk quit" 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, King Colt said:

He had a great year why quit?


He probably doesn’t want to wait to go out like Peyton or Big Ben with a noodle arm or going out limping. He’s the GOAT, no doubt. Absolutely nothing to prove. I’d not be surprised if he or Peyton have a minority ownership of some team at some point.

 

I was reading that Staubach used his QB fame to get into real estate and is probably the most successful businessman amongst retired QBs. That’s probably the mindset for all these success driven QBs, eventually. They’d still want to be visible and successful. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Peyton Manning retired perfectly because most people remember him as a winner. He won a SB giving him #2 and rode off into the sunset. Perfect. 

 

Resume was complete with that 2nd SB win, that checked off multiple SB wins to go along with 5 League MVP's + he even won a SB MVP.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, shakedownstreet said:

Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire 

Season 3 Smiling GIF by The Simpsons

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, shakedownstreet said:

Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire Please Retire 

Well you did say please.  haha

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, gspdx said:

Seems like he wants to play forever and as of right now he certainly still has the talent.  Just depends on whether he wants to play.  I expect to see him back.

 

He will have to play the Rams again next year as a division winner, the entire NFC West and a ton of contenders. This year, he got away with the NFC East and AFC East. Next year, it will be the NFC West and AFC North, brutal physical teams. 

 

Look at this:

 

https://www.buccaneers.com/news/tampa-bay-2022-opponents-nfl-information-nfc-afc

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Gramz said:

He has nothing to prove.

 

Might be time for family now. :dunno:

 

 

He has a mind set where he hates losing and loves to compete. I am a person like that so I would get why he would play next year but even if I was in his shoes I would hang it up. 7 SB's and 3 MVP's + a pretty wife and kids, tons of money too. I would get in my recliner and watch and laugh at 44.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He has a mind set where he hates losing and loves to compete. I am a person like that so I would get why he would play next year but even if I was in his shoes I would hang it up. 7 SB's and 3 MVP's + a pretty wife and kids, tons of money too. I would get in my recliner and watch and laugh at 44.

I don’t think he's the "sit in recliner" type.

 

But I do think he's seeing the reality of  future :lombardi:'s slipping away so why keep on?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If he does retire, the Bucs may be a good trade partner to try and get some upgrades at receiver and edge rush on our end

 

They were built to win now as soon as TB12 got there and I would imagine they would be looking at rebuilding if he did retire.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think it is 50/50.  Brady has always said he wants to play until age 45.  The Bucs roster is really good and has cap room to make another legit run.  If Rodgers leaves GB which seems likely, he will have no contender in the NFC other than the Rams.  That being said, would not be surprised to see him retire too.  He played  a great game yesterday with that comeback that fell just short.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, FortheWin said:

I think it is 50/50.  Brady has always said he wants to play until age 45.  The Bucs roster is really good and has cap room to make another legit run.  If Rodgers leaves GB which seems likely, he will have no contender in the NFC other than the Rams.  That being said, would not be surprised to see him retire too.  He played  a great game yesterday with that comeback that fell just short.

 

The only caveats to that is if Russell Wilson goes to the Saints and Rodgers goes to another NFC team in the NFC East. Seahawks might want to rebuild too.

 

Expecting so many guys to play on 1 year deals, like Godwin, Gronk, Suh etc. will eventually be hard to sustain, IMO. Godwin is still looking for his 1st post rookie contract pay day. Once he won the SB with Tampa (winning with a 2nd team, winning as a wild card on the road, 1st one to win SB at home stadium), he checked all those off. All time passing yards and TDs, also off the check list. Pretty much nothing to prove for the GOAT except to figure out if he wants to go get hit more as a QB. :) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah, in an odd way I will miss it but that is the fan in me. He along with Peyton and Montana are just dude's that dominate. They could be down by 21 and come back like it is nothing. 

Yup.  I still miss Favre and although i hated him, Marino.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, chad72 said:

 

The only caveats to that is if Russell Wilson goes to the Saints and Rodgers goes to another NFC team in the NFC East. Seahawks might want to rebuild too.

 

Expecting so many guys to play on 1 year deals, like Godwin, Gronk, Suh etc. will eventually be hard to sustain, IMO. Godwin is still looking for his 1st post rookie contract pay day. Once he won the SB with Tampa (winning with a 2nd team, winning as a wild card on the road, 1st one to win SB at home stadium), he checked all those off. All time passing yards and TDs, also off the check list. Pretty much nothing to prove for the GOAT except to figure out if he wants to go get hit more as a QB. :) 

The Saints are in terrible cap position. They can't afford Wilson.  The Packers are not in good cap shape either.  Also the entire NFC South is rebuilding.  

 

That all being said, I am not sure it is just about those things for Brady.  The Bucs have cap to sign Godwin and also pay a top CB too.  The rest of the team was locked up last year so they are in prime position to contend again. Licht is a great GM IMO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

It wouldn't surprise me to be wrong, but I think Brady plays one more year. If Tampa had advanced and somehow won another SB, I think it would've been different. With 5,300+ yards and 43 TDs, he literally had one of his best seasons statistically at age 44, so clearly he can still play. In my opinion he hasn't had anything to prove since the Atlanta Super Bowl, when he won his 5th ring after being down 28-3. But everyone wants to go out on top, and my guess is that he'll take one more shot at it. 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, GoPats said:

 

It wouldn't surprise me to be wrong, but I think Brady plays one more year. If Tampa had advanced and somehow won another SB, I think it would've been different. With 5,300+ yards and 43 TDs, he literally had one of his best seasons statistically at age 44, so clearly he can still play. In my opinion he hasn't had anything to prove since the Atlanta Super Bowl, when he won his 5th ring after being down 28-3. But everyone wants to go out on top, and my guess is that he'll take one more shot at it. 

 

 

That's what I'm thinking now as well. Physically he seems fine to play another year. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

That's what I'm thinking now as well. Physically he seems fine to play another year. 

 

Just to add, the longer he plays, the better it will be for his TB12 thing, which seems like it'll be his main distraction post-retirement. I honestly think that part of it matters to him since his workout/nutritional/health regimen in general is so much of a lifestyle thing.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, GoPats said:

 

Just to add, the longer he plays, the better it will be for his TB12 thing, which seems like it'll be his main distraction post-retirement. I honestly think that part of it matters to him since his workout/nutritional/health regimen in general is so much of a lifestyle thing.

 

Good point. Not to mention it actually works. I wish I had one ounce of his level of commitment towards a healthier lifestyle. Alas, I'm mentally weak when it comes to food and drink. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Good point. Not to mention it actually works. I wish I had one ounce of his level of commitment towards a healthier lifestyle. Alas, I'm mentally weak when it comes to food and drink. 

 

A few years ago someone got me into a pliability regimen. I'll be 50 this year and I can say it really helped to go from traditional workouts to more work with resistance bands, yoga, etc. 

 

You can keep the avocado ice cream though. I'll stick with Ben and Jerry's. :lol:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, GoPats said:

 

It wouldn't surprise me to be wrong, but I think Brady plays one more year. If Tampa had advanced and somehow won another SB, I think it would've been different. With 5,300+ yards and 43 TDs, he literally had one of his best seasons statistically at age 44, so clearly he can still play. In my opinion he hasn't had anything to prove since the Atlanta Super Bowl, when he won his 5th ring after being down 28-3. But everyone wants to go out on top, and my guess is that he'll take one more shot at it. 

 

 

His demeanor after the game yesterday was different, I thought.  :dunno: 

 

I dont know why, but I think he may be ready to call it a career.

 

I guess I won't be surprised either way.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Gramz said:

His demeanor after the game yesterday was different, I thought.  :dunno: 

 

I dont know why, but I think he may be ready to call it a career.

 

I guess I won't be surprised either way.

I agree.  I think he is retiring.  He most likely went into this season knowing it was his last which is probably why he played at such an incredible level.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, FortheWin said:

I agree.  I think he is retiring.  He most likely went into this season knowing it was his last which is probably why he played at such an incredible level.

 

Well, he played at a far higher level than Peyton or Big Ben did before they retired, easily. Big Ben held on a tad too long. Peyton squeezed what he could but his body wasn't co-operating anymore. Gary Kubiak said "Peyton waved off a pass before SB half time content to go into half time without challenging the scoreboard, I have not seen him do that many times...", and he limped into the sunset carried by his D. None of that stuff w.r.t Brady. Physically far more intact than those 2 above, and to an extent better than Brees too last year who could not make all the throws he wanted down the field. Best physical shape of all the recently retired QBs I know at the time of their retirement. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...