Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AFC Playoffs

sb41champs

39 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Can we lose to Jax and still get in?

We’ll know by tonite – for that to happen, Cleveland has to beat Pittsburgh, who in turn has to beat Baltimore next weekend while the Raiders would have to beat the Chargers, and we’d be the 7th seed while Las Vegas would be #6,

http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

Pittsburgh wins tonite, and we’d have to beat the Jaguars to get in, no ifs, ands or buts!

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Titans

Chiefs

Bengals

Bills

Patriots

Colts

Raiders

is how I see the AFC unfolding.

Perfect matchup for the Chiefs - blew out the Raiders twice, even if the Raiders make it close the 3rd time, the Chiefs will win.

Bengals take care of the Colts, unfortunately because when in doubt, they have enough go to options on offense and we don't, in the passing game.

Patriots won't miss this opportunity to take out the Bills and will be the only wild card team winning in a squeaker.

Titans vs Patriots and Chiefs vs Bengals will be the divisional round. Patriots pull off another upset while the Chiefs get revenge on the Bengals at home, and Mahomes will play Belichick and Mac Jones in the AFCCG. That is as far as my crystal ball gives me vision for. :) 

18 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Titans

Chiefs

Bengals

Bills

Patriots

Colts

Raiders

Perfect matchup for the Chiefs - blew out the Raiders twice, even if the Raiders make it close the 3rd time, the Chiefs will win.

Bengals take care of the Colts, unfortunately because when in doubt, they have enough go to options on offense and we don't, in the passing game.

Patriots won't miss this opportunity to take out the Bills and will be the only wild card team winning in a squeaker.

Titans vs Patriots and Chiefs vs Bengals will be the divisional round. Patriots pull off another upset while the Chiefs get revenge on the Bengals at home, and Mahomes will play Belichick and Mac Jones in the AFCCG. That is as far as my crystal ball gives me vision for. :) 

Colts are in no man’s land with the matchup between the Bengals or the Chiefs. I can see us giving the ball to those teams first and trying to counter a score with a 3 and out.

8 minutes ago, runthepost said:

Colts are in no man’s land with the matchup between the Bengals or the Chiefs. I can see us giving the ball to those teams first and trying to counter a score with a 3 and out.

Well, no matter which team, Chiefs or Bengals or Bills, all of them have enough firepower to get ahead on us in a hurry. At least we know the Bills don't play well in bad weather. We have to hope for bad weather to slow down all those offenses, IMO. We also have to root for the Dolphins against the Patriots, that is a given, I guess for me. :) 

36 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Titans

Chiefs

Bengals

Bills

Patriots

Colts

Raiders

Pretty good stuff..... You don't happen to drive a Delorean do you? Lol

9 minutes ago, #12. said:

The Bills are the best match-up of the three.  It's the most erratic offense of the three.  The Chiefs and Bengals can do all the West Coast, quick rhythm stuff we struggle against.  

Yep, Bills don't take as many check downs thanks to Josh Allen playing hero ball like Wentz. But their smaller DL our OL can take advantage of to stay ahead or on par. 

I am not so sure that if Rhodes is hurt and we have to play Rodgers in man coverage, that will be a good idea. This time, the Bills will be ready to fire and try to play ahead, IMO. Hope for bad weather because we don't seem to be able to win any shootout or come back from a double digit deficit, period, for a win so far this year.

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

Titans

Chiefs

Bengals

Bills

Patriots

Colts

Raiders

After yesterday, I don’t think there is any scenario in which both us & the Raiders claim Wild Cards, but we’re higher seeded.

4 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

After yesterday, I don’t think there is any scenario in which both us & the Raiders claim Wild Cards, but we’re higher seeded.

Correct there is a scenario where the Colts get the five (or any seed) and the Raiders are out but not both in the colts seeded higher.

7 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

Man, I guess I messed up on my AFC West team. Replace the Raiders with the Chargers then since the Raiders have not had a win streak more than 3 and they are at 3 right now. :) 

its weird how many people think the bengals are a good match up for us .    two elite 1000 yard wrs very good tight ends pro bowl 1000 yard running back  elite defensive line .  its the worst match up out of every team .  at least the chiefs or bills cant run the ball very well .  burrow is elite on pace for 5000 passing yards 40 touchdowns with a elite running back that offense can drop 40 plus and they have a nasty defensive line that will punish QBs who hold on to the ball .       i rather play any other team right now

9 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

its weird how many people think the bengals are a good match up for us .    two elite 1000 yard wrs very good tight ends pro bowl 1000 yard running back  elite defensive line .  its the worst match up out of every team .  at least the chiefs or bills cant run the ball very well .  burrow is elite on pace for 5000 passing yards 40 touchdowns with a elite running back that offense can drop 40 plus and they have a nasty defensive line that will punish QBs who hold on to the ball .       i rather play any other team right now

I was one of them. The Bengals are a young team learning to win. The true question would be how would the Bengals handle their own winning, which is the key to their success and failure, IMO. They beat the Ravens and Steelers in big fashion but fall flat vs Browns and Jets but get up to beat the Chiefs. They remind me of a Peyton Manning led 2003/2004 team with all the weapons. If the weather is bad and you have the DL/pass rush to bother their offensive line, you can stay competitive against them. Otherwise, they can run away from you.  It is like they play down or up to their competition, it seems like.

If they meet the Chiefs in Arrowhead, I am certain the Chiefs will be ready the next time around. It took every ounce of the Bengals to beat them at home. However, their performance vs the Chiefs was more telling than the ones vs the Ravens or Steelers. As far as the Colts, the Bills have the worst run friendly DL of the Chiefs, Bills, Bengals that we can run against and stay competitive. So I have come to the conclusion that they are our best matchup.

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I was one of them. The Bengals are a young team learning to win. The true question would be how would the Bengals handle their own winning, which is the key to their success and failure, IMO. They beat the Ravens and Steelers in big fashion but fall flat vs Browns and Jets but get up to beat the Chiefs. They remind me of a Peyton Manning led 2003/2004 team with all the weapons. If the weather is bad and you have the DL/pass rush to bother their offensive line, you can stay competitive against them. Otherwise, they can run away from you.  It is like they play down or up to their competition, it seems like.

If they meet the Chiefs in Arrowhead, I am certain the Chiefs will be ready the next time around. It took every ounce of the Bengals to beat them at home. However, their performance vs the Chiefs was more telling than the ones vs the Ravens or Steelers. As far as the Colts, the Bills have the worst run friendly DL of the Chiefs, Bills, Bengals that we can run against and stay competitive. So I have come to the conclusion that they are our best matchup.

the petyon manning led colts failures had a lot to do with the patriots elite defensive line dominating the game and their elite secondary shutting down harrison completely .   i dont think we have the defensive line or secondary to do that to the bengals .  i remember in 2018 people said the same thing about the chiefs that they would fold because mahomes is in his first playoff game and they were young then .    the best matchup has to be against a team that struggles to stop the run and cant run the ball .

5 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

the petyon manning led colts failures had a lot to do with the patriots elite defensive line dominating the game and their elite secondary shutting down harrison completely .   i dont think we have the defensive line or secondary to do that to the bengals .  i remember in 2018 people said the same thing about the chiefs that they would fold because mahomes is in his first playoff game and they were young then .    the best matchup has to be against a team that struggles to stop the run and cant run the ball .

Unless the Bengals lose to the Browns in their last game (doubtful), I think they stay at #3.

Raiders vs Chargers will determine whether we go to KC or go to Cincinnati.

7 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

How about this for complete insanity?

If we lose next weekend, the Raiders and Chargers could both get in the playoffs by tying. Which means on Sunday Night Football we’d see two teams kneel a combined 30 times for a 0-0 tie. 

That wouldn’t happen, because they could get in and eliminate their divisional foe with a win. The Chargers won their 1st matchup so in this improbable scenario, the Bolts would be the 6th seed and the Raiders the 7th but if Vegas wins, I don’t think they’re lower than 6th.

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

Unless the Bengals lose to the Browns in their last game, the Bills are stuck at #4 and the Bengals at #3 and we probably face them. So, we will all be Browns fans the last week. 

if wentz can some how fix his issues i think we can beat any one in nfl hands down .  if the wentz who played the bucs shows up with taylor and the defense its game over for the nfl .   the problem is that is a big if .

5 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

That wouldn’t happen, because they could get in and eliminate their divisional foe with a win. The Chargers won their 1st matchup so in this improbable scenario, the Bolts would be the 6th seed and the Raiders the 7th but if Vegas wins, I don’t think they’re lower than 6th.

Hopefully we win so we don’t have to find out what happens in this scenario. 

21 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

I’m still one of them – they have a lot of talent, albeit most of it is very young – they have a pseudo rookie in his 1st playoff game and if anyone is gonna take them out, that would likely be the time. Every other QB we could face (save Mac Jones) would be a veteran with at least 1 postseason victory under their belts.

The Bengals are a strong team. Their defense is overshadowed by the offense, but they’ve got some good backs and a menace of a defensive line. 

On offense, they have multiple receivers besides Chase who are fast and run good routes. And Joe Mixon would probably have the rushing title if it weren’t for our MVP Taylor. Their offensive line is the one weakness we’d need to attack if we face them. 

23 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

I’m still one of them – they have a lot of talent, albeit most of it is very young – they have a pseudo rookie in his 1st playoff game and if anyone is gonna take them out, that would likely be the time. Every other QB we could face (save Mac Jones) would be a veteran with at least 1 postseason victory under their belts.

i dont know i just dont buy the inexperience talking point as a whole .   mahomes tore us apart in his first playoff game if your good you dont just fall off come playoff time .  there is to many other factors involved even with peyton mannings struggles early on like the team struggling and not helping .

28 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

This is a good table on this weekend games if we win and what seeding we get. We only get the 7th seed if raiders beat the chargers. Otherwise we get the 6th seed. Pats would have to lose to dolphins to get the 5th seed.

Who would you rather play Cincy or Buffalo? I would rather play Cincy because Burrow has never played a playoff game and we just blew Buffalo out, so they would want revenge.

16 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Who would you rather play Cincy or Buffalo? I would rather play Cincy because Burrow has never played a playoff game and we just blew Buffalo out, so they would want revenge.

Bills tbh. Cincy not only has good WRs but a good run game. Bills are more one dimensional. Bills are just a good match up for us. 

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Tough call, Allen is a scary dude and that team has strong playoff experience.

Both games could be bad weather games which would favor the Colts tbh. I might be wrong but I don't think  Joe has played in a nasty weather game. That would definitely hamper that great passing game. 

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Law of averages, usually if a team blows another team out, they want revenge. When Georgia beats Alabama next week that will be my point.

2005 Colts vs Steelers, 2009 Pats vs Jets, 2018 Colts vs Texans, 2021 Saints vs Bucs, 2021 Chiefs vs Bucs it happens and don’t need to meet a team that you played already in the post season 

9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah probably Bengals because of their inexperience. But KC and Bengals would both be   would be tough. I think it’s going to be hard to get that 5th seed.  We need phins to beat pats. Dont know how realistic that is. Would be hard to beat bills twice.

15 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Yeah probably Bengals because of their inexperience. But KC and Bengals would both be   would be tough. I think it’s going to be hard to get that 5th seed.  We need phins to beat pats. Dont know how realistic that is. Would be hard to beat bills twice.

That is the thing with a young team. They can play lights out on a particular day or when things go south, they can wither. If we keep the game close vs the Bengals, the further the game goes, the pressure builds up on a young team to cause mistakes and the fact that it has been ages since they have won a playoff game. What we cannot give a young team is a double digit lead right off the bat. There is a good chance they come in thinking the Colts could be had, which we can (anyone can) when we don't play well.

Best case scenario is for Chargers to beat the Raiders and we get the 6 seed. Even tho the Bengals will be favored we can beat them if we play well.  KC should beat the Chargers allowing us to go to Nashville.  We can win that game as well.  This is our best shot at making the championship game.  Then pray for bad weather. 

We of course could easily lose either playoff game bc both the Bengals and Titans are very good teams and we will be in their house. So everyone should root for the Chargers and 1-5 seeds to win their games so we stay the 6th seed.   

4 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

I want Tennessee at some point, even if we have to beat someone else to get to Nashville - it's real tough to beat the same team 3 times in a season, and they've already beaten us twice.

They are getting a ton of hype, as Clubber Lang would say - they are AFC South paper Champs. We played a bad game last week, it was a let down but I think in a way it was a wake up call. I say that because our players looked nonchalant like they could just show up and win. Jags are in deep doo doo.

Archived