Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

5 more on the covid list/ Wentz and others will play if their symptoms are improving

bleed blue4life

8 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

As for the playoffs a win over the Raiders puts the Colts in.  A win over the Jags only PROBABLY puts the Colts in but it’s not 100%.  So people need to stop saying just beat the raiders or jags and the Colts are in.  Yes, even with a loss to Raiders and a victory over the Jags the Colts are more than likely in but, it’s not 100% in that scenario.  The Colts would need help from the Ravens and Raiders the last couple of weeks of the season to get in.  

I agree.   Neither the Raiders nor the Jags will be a pushover for the Colts if they are missing key players.   It would really suck to lose the last 2 games and be out of the playoffs because of this.

Equally as important, to me, is that a loss because of this will affect our playoff seeding.   Chance of division title is still possible.

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, #12. said:

I prefer our chances with Phil.  Get him here today and keep him on the playoff roster.  

I'm sure Phil, being a Charger, would love to knock out the Raiders.

I am torn on this. With Wentz and Ehlinger, you can run the same rollouts and use their legs for key 1st downs, something you cannot do with Rivers. Plus, if Rivers is rusty with his football fitness and reads, and throws a pick or two, we will be second guessing that choice. Ehlinger and Rivers probably aren't that different on the arm strength aspect given Rivers' age, which is where Wentz is several notches better. 

For 1 game, it is not worth it to me. Get Ehlinger all the reps, show the confidence in him and roll with him. It is like getting Kerry Collins for Peyton in 2011 before turning it over to Curtis Painter later. We had more winnable games early on and Kerry Collins was on his couch while Painter had been with the system longer than Kerry. It did not provide us any different results. While Painter not getting a chance to win games gave us the 2-14 record and Andrew Luck, I would still rather not have signed Kerry Collins.

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

The CDC doesn’t have a mandate just for the NFL.  They have guidelines in general that so far the NFL has followed for the most part however, the NFL’s Covid policy is it’s own thing agreed too by the NFL and NFLPA.  Both of those sides have to agree to changes to it.  It sounds like those changes are coming anytime but they aren’t here yet so as of now the NFL policy for Wentz would knock him out to 10 to 14 days.  Now we wait and see what agreement they come up with and how that changes things.

The NFL didn't make up their policies within 24 hours of hearing the CDC's policies. Expecting them to change that quickly is probably unreasonable.

Just now, Superman said:

That's assuming he can clear protocol. Covid is still a disease that's putting people in the hospital. Mostly unvaccinated people. 

Exactly people are just assuming Wentz is asymptomatic, and he might very well be for all I know, but if he has symptoms changes to the policy won’t help much.  I will say the fact the Colts aren’t just ruling out yet is good news.

1 minute ago, Gramz said:

I made the finals in my fantasy league (thanks to JT).

I need him healthy for my big W this week.   Not to mention the Colts big W too!

Same! I went from .500 early in the season and then won 8 straight when he really broke out. Finished #1. I need him to kill it this week, because the guy I’m playing has had my number this year!

Just now, chad72 said:

I am torn on this. With Wentz and Ehlinger, you can run the same rollouts and use their legs for key 1st downs, something you cannot do with Rivers. Plus, if Rivers is rusty with his football fitness and reads, and throws a pick or two, we will be second guessing that choice. Ehlinger and Rivers probably aren't that different on the arm strength aspect given Rivers' age, which is where Wentz is several notches better. 

For 1 game, it is not worth it to me. Get Ehlinger all the reps, show the confidence in him and roll with him. It is like getting Kerry Collins for Peyton before turning it over to Curtis Painter later. We had more winnable games early on and Kerry Collins was on his couch while Painter had been with the system longer than Kerry. It did not provide us any different results. While Painter not getting a chance to win games gave us the 2-14 record and Andrew Luck, I would have still not have signed Kerry Collins.

Rivers should stay right where he is.

Just now, Superman said:

The NFL didn't make up their policies within 24 hours of hearing the CDC's policies. Expecting them to change that quickly is probably unreasonable.

I don’t.  That’s why I was saying it’s unknown right now and until the changes are announced I am going off the current rules.  I am just referring to people Mort who keep saying change is coming very soon.  With that said, as I said yesterday, since they have to agree to a language change with the NFLPA that means lawyers to make sure the new language is in their sides best interest and that doesn’t just happen at the drop of a hat.  

4 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Here you go.

I mean... he could... but how often does that happen? How many times does an unvaccinated person go through COVID from testing positive(relatively early - because they test them regularly in the NFL) to giving 2 negative tests 2 consecutive days within 5 days. To me this is a pipe dream. Maybe the more reasonable expectation is that he might be clear by the game vs the Jags. 

4 minutes ago, Mitch Connors said:

Wentz is on the frontpage of Yahoo under the headline "Unvaccinated Colts QB hits Covid list at the worst time."

For anyone wondering if him being unvaccinated will be the headline nationally - it is.

Outstanding :nutz:

13 minutes ago, chad72 said:

For 1 game, it is not worth it to me. Get Ehlinger all the reps, show the confidence in him and roll with him. It is like getting Kerry Collins for Peyton in 2011 before turning it over to Curtis Painter later. We had more winnable games early on and Kerry Collins was on his couch while Painter had been with the system longer than Kerry. It did not provide us any different results. While Painter not getting a chance to win games gave us the 2-14 record and Andrew Luck, I would have still not have signed Kerry Collins.

I'm not worried much about getting Ehlinger reps or whatnot. I'm worried about winning one game and making the playoffs.  From what I saw of Ehlinger in preseason, winning this game would be unlikely with him starting.   A few mental mistakes and it's over.

A limited game plan with Phil at QB?  It's winnable.  Not guaranteed, but winnable.

Even if you hope to win with a heavy, heavy dose of Taylor, much of that battle is getting into the right run call.  I trust Phil more than Ehlinger to get you there.

2 minutes ago, #12. said:

I'm not worried much about getting Ehlinger reps or whatnot. I'm worried about winning one game and making the playoffs.  From what I saw of Ehlinger in preseason, winning this game would be unlikely with him starting.   A few mental mistakes and it's over.

A limited game plan with Phil at QB?  It's winnable.  Not guaranteed, but winnable.

Phillip is not coming here with  6 days before a game and beating an NFL team

3 minutes ago, Myles said:

I believe it will also take a vote by the NFL Players union.   Not sure how fast that can be done.

I would guess as long as it is done by end of businesses Thursday it could go into effect for this coming weekend?  Just my guess?  Would Friday be too late to be this done??

1 hour ago, JediXMan said:

Well Hard Kocks should be interesting next week lol.

Who's to say this whole covid situation wasn't caused by someone on the Hard Knocks crew. The NFL claims to be all about safety and the fans yet they chose to enact a 17 game schedule and have an in season Hard Knocks in the midst of a pandemic.

Just now, cdgacoltsfan said:

Who's to say this whole covid situation wasn't caused by someone on the Hard Knocks crew. The NFL claims to be all about safety and the fans yet they chose to enact a 17 game schedule and have an in season Hard Knocks in the midst of a pandemic.

Well. Surely the entire Hard Knocks crew is vaccinated. 

3 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Yeah, not like other teams in the league and other sports, and just, you know, the freaking world in general isn’t seeing a massive increase of cases right now…

Fozzie Bear Reaction GIF

1 minute ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

I would ASSume that the entire film and production crew are tested before going on-site. 

5 minutes ago, stitches said:

BTW, this week can still get worse. It's just Tuesday. Imagine how many more players can test positive by game day. 

Which is why they need to shut this week down. Omicron is too contagious, at this point nearly everyone is going to get it. Just found out today I am positive and so is my entire family extended included. It’s not going to spare anyone.

9 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

I would guess as long as it is done by end of businesses Thursday it could go into effect for this coming weekend?  Just my guess?  Would Friday be too late to be this done??

I won't pretend to know how all this works.   I don't even know when Wentz's 5 days would start.   Would Today count as day 1 making Saturday day 5?   So Wentz could potentially be OK to start on Sunday?

1 minute ago, RollerColt said:

Which is why they need to shut this week down. Omicron is too contagious, at this point nearly everyone is going to get it. Just found out today I am positive and so is my entire family extended included. It’s not going to spare anyone.

What kind of symptoms?

Archived