Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Week 16 Around-the-NFL Game Discussion Thread

NFLfan

Just got back from the Bills/Patriots game, was shocked at how bad the Pats D was. They didn't force a single punt on the Bills the entire game and their one stop was on 4th down at the 1 yard line! (And that was more of the Bills being dumb with playcalling than anything).

It's the second time the Bills have won a game at Foxboro that I've been at, the other one was a meaningless Week 17 W in 2014 (Bills were eliminated from the playoffs, Pats had #1 seed locked up and sat their starters at halftime).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, buffalo34 said:

Just got back from the Bills/Patriots game, was shocked at how bad the Pats D was. They didn't force a single punt on the Bills the entire game and their one stop was on 4th down at the 1 yard line! (And that was more of the Bills being dumb with playcalling than anything).

It's the second time the Bills have won a game at Foxboro that I've been at, the other one was a meaningless Week 17 W in 2014 (Bills were eliminated from the playoffs, Pats had #1 seed locked up and sat their starters at halftime).

Experiencing Patriots lose a game at Foxboro must be delightful! Congrats!

• Like 2

The Steelers-Chiefs game was boring (the Steelers haven't shown up yet), so I'm watching the Bears-Seahawks. The score is 17-7 Seahawks leading, but the Bears are trying to stay in the game. I like watching them play in the snow. The weather looks more like Chicago than Seattle. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, buffalo34 said:

Good chance Bills and Pats will play again in a few weeks.

36 minutes ago, buffalo34 said:

That's because the Bills were playing madden today going for it on all 4 downs hahaha same way i play on madden

10 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Thanks. I had not known Foles was there. Was he on IR? 

Foles had signed with the Jags. Did he play for them at all? 

Foles is the bears 3rd QB. Dalton is on covid reserve and I think fields is injured. Yes Foles signed a huge contract with jags after the SB win after the eagles signed Wentz to a contract extension. Then that didn’t work in jacksonville and he went to bears. He was horrible last season for bears. So they went and signed Dalton and drafted fields. So he ended up being 3rd string.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wentzszn said:

Foles is the bears 3rd QB. Dalton is on covid reserve and I think fields is injured. Yes Foles signed a huge contract with jags after the SB win after the eagles signed Wentz to a contract extension. Then that didn’t work in jacksonville and he went to bears. He was horrible last season for bears. So they went and signed Dalton and drafted fields. So he ended up being 3rd string.

The Bears have spent a lot of many QBs -- Trubisky, Glennon, Fields, Dalton, Foles, possibly more. I think Chase Daniels was also there. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, runthepost said:

I saw 42-7 and thought the game was over. Then I saw it was halftime lmao

The game feels like it's going so painfully slow, I'm wanting the game to end just for the local news to come on after where I get to see the sports people completely just tee off on the Patriots today (I'll also be listening to Boston sports talk radio tomorrow, so I'm sure they'll be off to the races about this game). Yes, these are the little things that provide me a reason to live.

8 hours ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

Experiencing Patriots lose a game at Foxboro must be delightful! Congrats!

It was great, some Bills fan who sat like 10 rows behind me at the end of the game took a random selfie with me lol. Also saw some Bills fan after the game walking around in shorts, it was 40 during the game (which is decent weather for this time of year), but I imagine he himself was from Buffalo where 40 degree weather in December is dangerous, life-threatening heat. haha

I will admit, I think this was a more impressive win than the Chiefs game earlier in the year, I still think that was a great win (Bills played very well in that game) but part of the win was also the Bills being fortunate and catching the Chiefs at their low point in the season, the Chiefs have been back to their normal selves since (would have almost zero confidence winning that game again if held today). The Bills came in today with their backs against the wall (a loss would have clinched the division for the Patriots) and with the awful taste of the Patriots loss a few weeks back still stuck in their mouths and played their tails off. I saw more aggressiveness from the Bills in this game than I'd see in an entire season, the Bills teams of old would have been settling for field goals and not touchdowns when getting down to the 2-yard line or needing 1 yard to move the chains and with a playing not to lose mentality, I saw none of that at the game.

If the Bills win out they win the division regardless of the Patriots do, they just need to take advantage of what is a favorable schedule to close out the season (home against the Falcons and Jets).

• Like 1

15 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Thanks. I had not known Foles was there. Was he on IR? 

Foles had signed with the Jags. Did he play for them at all? 

In 2019, "Saint Nick" Foles opted out of his contract with Philadelphia, and signed a $88 million contract with Jacksonville, but he got injured in Week 1, making way for rookie sensation Gardner Minshew (who oddly enough, is now in Philly).

When Foles returned, he lost 3 or 4 games in a row and the Jags benched him, allowing Minshew to finish that 6 win season as the starter. They then traded Foles to Chicago where he has started on occasion, but has mainly served as a backup QB.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lancer1 said:

In 2019, "Saint Nick" Foles opted out of his contract with Philadelphia, and signed a $88 million contract with Jacksonville, but he got injured in Week 1, making way for rookie sensation Gardner Minshew (who oddly enough, is now in Philly).

When Foles returned, he lost 3 or 4 games in a row and the Jags benched him, allowing Minshew to finish that 6 win season as the starter. They then traded Foles to Chicago where he has started on occasion, but has mainly served as a backup QB.

Chicago has made terrible moves at QB -- not because they are bad quarterbacks but because they have spent so cap space and draft capital on QBs. It is worse than the Vikings paying Kirk Cousins as much as they are and giving the Eagles a first rounder for Sam Bradford.

36 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Chicago has made terrible moves at QB -- not because they are bad quarterbacks but because they have spent so cap space and draft capital on QBs. It is worse than the Vikings paying Kirk Cousins as much as they are and giving the Eagles a first rounder for Sam Bradford.

It just shows how hard it is to find a good QB. Nagy is gone after this season so the next coach is going to be big for Fields development. He shows really good flashes at times.

Just now, Wentzszn said:

Just shows how good a coach Flores is. It turned around when TUA got back. That night where they wouldn’t let Jacoby back in the game. 

If we get the 5th seed I wouldn’t mind seeing the Dolphins get the 7th seed. They might even upset the second seed making the Colts path easier.

• Like 1