Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Week 16 Around-the-NFL Game Discussion Thread

NFLfan

11 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I’m not so sure I want to play the Bills again. :) 

Sometimes when you post something I am not sure if you are saying what you mean… or the opposite… I know you are known to do both.  I just sat here for a legit 3 minutes wondering what your smiley face at the end meant lmao

Just now, Wentzszn said:

Bills are the better team. Jones is playing like a rookie today. Pats still have to go down to Miami where they always struggle.

Thank you!!! Bills are that type of team that has a better ceiling than the Patriots because of their QB, IF he gets on a roll. I do believe they were in a funk that the Patriots caught them in the weather. If the weather is good, Allen’s arm is slinging, that’s what I’m noticing.

Both our game vs the Bills and Patriots game were played in weather not suitable for the Bills. 

5 minutes ago, DEColtsLover36 said:

Sometimes when you post something I am not sure if you are saying what you mean… or the opposite… I know you are known to do both.  I just sat here for a legit 3 minutes wondering what your smiley face at the end meant lmao

This time I’m serious. A switch flipped after the Bills nearly beat the Bucs on the road at full strength, lost in OT. It’s like their belief is back, that’s what scares me if we play them. 

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

This time I’m serious. A switch flipped after the Bills nearly beat the Bucs on the road at full strength. It’s like their belief is back, that’s what scares me if we play them. 

This is true… you never know what version of them you are going to get and that’s pretty nerve wrecking. Thankfully it seems our belief has bumped up as well :rock: May the best team win!

• Like 1

We've played well against the Bills over the past year.  Last year's playoff game was winnable, had Frank called things a little differently.

I would still probably rather play the Bills than the Bengals, but the reality is as tightly compacted as the AFC is, no game will be easy. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, #12. said:

We've played well against the Bills over the past year.  Last year's playoff game was winnable, had Frank called things a little differently.

I would still probably rather play the Bills than the Bengals, but the reality is as tightly compacted as the AFC is, no game will be easy. 

Joe Burrow has played mediocre against good secondaries and if Mixon can’t get going, he has issues. Allen on the other hand has truly never relied on a running game that we do well shutting down typically.

• Like 1

Just now, chad72 said:

Joe Burrow has played mediocre against good secondaries and if Mixon can’t get going, he has issues. Allen on the other hand has truly never relied on a running game that we do well shutting down typically.

When Burrow hits his prime, I think he'll be an MVP candidate.  You would definitely rather get the Bengals now than in a year or two.  If the Bengals put it all together sooner, in the next month, I don't have a good feeling about it.  

11 minutes ago, #12. said:

When Burrow hits his prime, I think he'll be an MVP candidate.  You would definitely rather get the Bengals now than in a year or two.  If the Bengals put it all together sooner, in the next month, I don't have a good feeling about it.  

You may be right about Burrow future wise but if we play them in the playoffs this year I think we will beat them.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Jake Fromm   16 pass yard on 18 attempts...time for him to get the hook...

I was going to write that. He is 5 of 16 for 18 yards. To think that I wanted the Vikes to draft him. Lol. That would have been terrible. 

The other guy I wanted, David Mills, is looking pretty good.

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I was going to write that. He is 5 of 16 for 18 yards. To think that I wanted the Vikes to draft him. Lol. That would have been terrible. 

The other guy I wanted, David Mills, is looking pretty good.

At this point Giants would be better off with Flo from Progressive......just saying

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You may be right about Burrow future wise but if we play them in the playoffs this year I think we will beat them.

The other thing is Bengals D doesn’t have same talent as Bills D for turnovers, hence Bengals are a better matchup 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

At this point Giants would be better off with Flo from Progressive......just saying

My friend is a long time Giants season-ticket holder. He has attended 4 Super Bowls including the one in which they beat the formerly undefeated Patriots. This must be killing him. I won't bother asking him what he thinks of Fromm.