Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 Jags at Colts Post Game Thoughts

EastStreet

9 minutes ago, AwesomeAustin said:

Dayo and Paye both contributed more this game than I believe Turay, Lewis and Banagou did their rookie years.  Yeah that’s probably not true but both players contributed. Let’s hope this jump starts a strong finish to the season for those two!!   Back to .500 with some tough games coming.  Should be fun to watch either way

No I think you are spot on here about the rookies.  Kinda a coming out party for them.  Paye was living in the Jags backfield and impacted a few passes by getting close and finally got his first half sack.  Then Dayo had the game ending strip.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

The Colts rookies out played the Jags rookie.  Paye lived in the Jags back field and had several pressures and got his first half sack today.  Then Hurricane Dayo got the strip for the W.

Defense was much better today, playing the Jags helped with that.  Still more blitzes and tighter coverage and it yielded better results other than when they went soft a few times and the Jags had success.

Ive defended Frank’s coaching most of the season outside of his play calling.but today was not good.  They just never adjusted on offense.  The Jags just kept blitzing one more than the Colts could block and the Colts kept trying to pound it into the line and throw screens that weren’t there all day.  Finally on the last drive they started to throw it down the field a little bit and it worked when Wentz wasn’t wild.

Speaking of Wentz easily his worst game he’s played since the first Titans game.  He wasn’t reading the field well, the pressure clearly bothered him, he was wild on his throws at times, and he needs to stop this left hand throw stuff.  
The corners were lights out today.  Rock was basically a shut down corner today as the Jags didn’t test him.  Moore played his best game of the season.  Rodgers was very good on the other side too,  honestly once they got out of the zone play scared of the deep pass the corners are much better.  Trust them to be a little more aggressive.  
Special teams was really good.  One blocked punt, close on another, and put heat on a third punt.  Badgley has still yet to mess.  Thank goodness a kicker finally missed vs the Colts too.

In defense of Wentz he was running for his life quite a bit today. Tale of 2 halves for sure 

2 minutes ago, relkins said:

Can't beat a dead horse. Its not going to get better this year

After we beat Buffalo I can't wait to hear your response. Some in here seem to think we should've just blown the Jags out. I only had us winning by 7 (30-23 was my pick). All divisional games are tough and they always play us tough. They just beat Buffalo as well. 

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

Glad they won but this effort won’t even keep it close the next two weeks.  Every team has off games so maybe that’s all this was and at least they got it out of their system vs the Jags.

I see Brady stat padding against us but we might make the next one close, but lose.

Just now, Catloaf said:

I see Brady stat padding against us but we might make the next one close, but lose.

Brady who just lost to the Washington Football team today.  Not saying you will be wrong but if the secondary plays like it did today I feel better about that matchup than the Bills.

Irsay should give Peyton Manning a check for 10 million dollars in exchange for him just standing on the sidelines one Sunday and staring daggers at Wentz after he does dumb % under pressure. If he wants to do the same at reich when he starts doing stupid % that would be appreciated as well, but I’m guessing it wouldn’t have any effect, so just do it to Wentz. 

1 minute ago, AwesomeAustin said:

You are right, no speed at all. I know TY has been injured.  I sure hope he can get healthier so he can contribute.  Today was his 32nd birthday but he looks done. 

You are correct. I think they said in the game that was like his 7th catch of the season. Wow but it's not like many didn't see this coming BEFORE this season started based on his past injuries and production the last couple of seasons. That 10 million could’ve been spent elsewhere.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

After we beat Buffalo I can't wait to hear your response. Some in here seem to think we should've just blown the Jags out. I only had us winning by 7 (30-23 was my pick). All divisional games are tough and they always play us tough. They just beat Buffalo as well. 

Honestly I'll be surprised if we beat the bills. In fact I'll be surprised if we even keep it close.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Actually,  I agree with u on this.  I think they r a good match up against the Bills. They have no running game. We should double Diggs. Our Oline better bring it. I believe the Bills play a lighter defensive front. Should b able to run the ball. I was a big Wentz fan, but I am not sure he is the answer. I am not seeing a lot of wow. I am not sure if it is the lack of talent at the wr position or Wentz

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Brady who just lost to the Washington Football team today.  Not saying you will be wrong but if the secondary plays like it did today I feel better about that matchup than the Bills.

U see us losing to Bellicheck or Brady? They will crush this D as they have in the past. Defensively, they will stack the box and we have no other play maker at wr position. 

2 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Actually,  I agree with u on this.  I think they r a good match up against the Bills. They have no running game. We should double Diggs. Our Oline better bring it. I believe the Bills play a lighter defensive front. Should b able to run the ball. I was a big Wentz fan, but I am not sure he is the answer. I am not seeing a lot of wow. I am not sure if it is the lack of talent at the wr position or Wentz

there wasnt one passing play where he had time to throw .  its the offensive line they are playing so bad this year .

1 minute ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Wentz was off today but our O.Line wasn't clicking. He had little time to throw. I give the Jags huge credit, their D.Line is very good. Allen is a monster.

12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Pittman is good, we won so who cares. Whether you win 3-2 or 33-32, a win is a win. We gave away 2 games so the football Gods paid us back today.

I don’t think they paid us back I think Dayo made a play at the end of the game to win it for the Colts.  Saying the the Football Gods paid the Colts back implies the Colts got lucky.  I don’t think that’s the case.  They made the two or three plays the Jags didn’t that was the difference in the game.  Would this effort been enough against better teams?  Probably not but they weren’t playing a better team today they were playing the Jags and the Colts were the better team today between those two teams who made the plays.  It’s not like the Jags gave the game away the Colts took it from them.  That’s a difference in my book.  

I’ll admit they have to play much better than today down the stretch to get where they want to be but, as I am pretty sure you will agree with me on given your past posts, the NFL is a week to week league and just because the Colts didn’t play well today on offense doesn’t mean they won’t be right back to scoring 30+ next week.  

4 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I'll give you today wasn't Carson's best day but good lord the guy didn't have anytime to do squat as he had defenders in his face most of the day.  Oline play and lack of offensive play calling that adjusted to what the defense was doing didn't help him.  The entire offense didn't have a great day.

3 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

there wasnt one passing play where he had time to throw .  its the offensive line they are playing so bad this year .

Exactly.

1 minute ago, Wentzszn said:

I think the Bucs were without a lot of weapons today. Gronk may or may not be back when we play them. 

We can beat anyone in reality. Every team is beatable this year and that is the beauty of it. Titans are 8-2 but they have 1st round exit written all over them in the playoffs if Henry remains out. Julio is a flop too. To their credit they have beat some good teams but I just see them fizzling in the playoffs. I hope we get a 3rd shot at them being a playoff game.

12 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

I don't like how predictable we became at the end. 

Other than that, not much to complain about. Jags have a good emerging defense. They are gonna be dangerous again soon. 

That's my gripe with Frank he gets WAY to predictable at times ESPECIALLY with a lead.

The Jags also play an AGGRESSIVE style of defense and they will be a problem very soon in the south. Our defense played decent today but I never feel comfortable with them even against bad teams. One plus is that they get turnovers which is what sealed the game today.

3 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I'll give you today wasn't Carson's best day but good lord the guy didn't have anytime to do squat as he had defenders in his face most of the day.  Oline play and lack of offensive play calling that adjusted to what the defense was doing didn't help him.  The entire offense didn't have a great day.

Exactly.

Not exactly.  They started out rough but got their guys back and have been MUCH better the last six games or so.  To the point Wentz sacks are way down over that six game stretch and Taylor is now tied for the league leading in rushing yards.  You don’t do that with a bad line.  The Jags were stacking the box and sending one more guy than the Colts could block all day today and the Colts never did anything to adjust.  They just kept trying to run Taylor right into the blitz and throw screens until the last drive when they finally started to throw the ball down the field some and what do you know they drove the ball.  That’s one coaching not the line.

Archived