Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Only 3 QBs with 0 turnover-worthy throws this season

zibby43

17 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

Whaaaa ?

A turnover-worthy throw is a pass that deserves to be intercepted, regardless of whether it is.  It’s an advanced metric to grade QBs.

The INT against the Rams wasn’t turnover-worthy.  Donald blew up the play after the shovel pass was in the air. Doyle was knocked down and the INT happened.

I am assuming that was what you were getting at.  Hope that helps.  Although, in my defense, your reply didn’t leave me much to go on.

1 hour ago, zibby43 said:

A turnover-worthy throw is a pass that deserves to be intercepted, regardless of whether it is.  It’s an advanced metric to grade QBs.

The INT against the Rams wasn’t turnover-worthy.  Donald blew up the play after the shovel pass was in the air. Doyle was knocked down and the INT happened.

I am assuming that was what you were getting at.  Hope that helps.  Although, in my defense, your reply didn’t leave me much to go on.

Thx.  I assumed that.

my response was surprise.  Some good company to be in.

Still a whole season to go but I have seen nothing so far to suggest that Carson cannot be our QB of the future barring injuries. He seems to be playing less recklessly than years past. Credit to Frank and Marcus Brady for the nice turnaround so far. We sure are not losing because of who is behind center!

2 hours ago, GoHorse1992 said:

Still a whole season to go but I have seen nothing so far to suggest that Carson cannot be our QB of the future barring injuries. He seems to be playing less recklessly than years past. Credit to Frank and Marcus Brady for the nice turnaround so far. We sure are not losing because of who is behind center!

Just needs tds to go with that

8 hours ago, zibby43 said:

but but but

spot on!

42 minutes ago, IrsaysArmy said:

Interceptions are going to happen. I still would like to see him take more shots down the field. 

me too, but the OL has to hold better to let those plays develop. i'd like to see Strachan get back into that mix.

6 hours ago, GoHorse1992 said:

Whilst I completely agree with this take so far, let’s not forget that most people were saying the same thing about Jacob brissett after his first 4 starts. Then as the season progressed, we learned that we had seen thus far was all that we were velvet going to get from Jacoby. 

I do think Wentz has given us more than jacoby though, and will continue to do so, but let’s not just assume that QB1 is solved.

11 hours ago, zibby43 said:

Right knocked down, not tackled by his RThaha

4 hours ago, IrsaysArmy said:

Interceptions are going to happen. I still would like to see him take more shots down the field. 

As long as it isnt being stupidly reckless, ints. If he is chucking it on 4th down deep down field when he needs to, who cares if he is picked. If he is throwing to quadruple coverage then different story

53 minutes ago, tvturner said:

And yet Andrew was still better than Wentz ever was

Wentz's 2017 season was arguably as good or better than any of Luck's seasons. 

Pretty sure Wentz's QBR and TD/INT ratio was on par of better than Luck's best season.

Overall, I'd agree Luck is better overall at this point in time, but the "ever" portion is debatable. 

12 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Wentz's 2017 season was arguably as good or better than any of Luck's seasons. 

Pretty sure Wentz's QBR and TD/INT ratio was on par of better than Luck's best season.

Overall, I'd agree Luck is better overall at this point in time, but the "ever" portion is debatable. 

Not to mention the off season surgery and new team has slowed down process. Next year we will have a better idea

1 minute ago, Stephen said:

Not to mention the off season surgery and new team has slowed down process. Next year we will have a better idea

I think there is still time left this year. And he's playing pretty well, actually pretty darn good given all the stuff going on.

I just looked back at stats. Wentz's QBR and passer rating in 17 was better than Luck ever had. The TD to INT ratio was also better. It was a special year for Wentz that got derailed. 

Luck easily has the better body of work though. I think next year will be interesting to perhaps compare to Luck's 18. 

23 minutes ago, Stephen said:

I am just looking at this year as a build chemistry year. Then maybe next year go get another weapon for him. Hopefully there are no camp setbacks and they can start the season on the right foot and have all that chemistry from this season. If we happen to make the playoffs that will just be extra. We should of all seen this coming. We never should of expected this offense to look great with a new QB that missed all of camp and is new on top of it. It will get better as the season goes on. Then add the oline injuries. Oline hasn’t gelled either. I think I have seen enough from Wentz to say we have our QB and this team will be good when all the pieces are healthy.

This first month of the season was basically the TC they missed. He seems almost 100 now so things should be looking up.

4 hours ago, Chucklez said:

Whilst I completely agree with this take so far, let’s not forget that most people were saying the same thing about Jacob brissett after his first 4 starts. Then as the season progressed, we learned that we had seen thus far was all that we were velvet going to get from Jacoby. 

I do think Wentz has given us more than jacoby though, and will continue to do so, but let’s not just assume that QB1 is solved.

No definitely not assuming yet…just based off of what has been shown so far. Definitely need to see how the whole season plays out

16 hours ago, tvturner said:

And yet Andrew was still better than Wentz ever was

In a 2 year period,  luck led the league in turnovers even though he missed about 6 games. More turnovers than the Turnover Machine named Jay Cutler.

I'm not saying Wentz is better than luck was or vice versa. We'll see what Wentz does going forward, good or bad. Luck quit so we wont see him.

Archived