Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck is in Indy today

Ohio Colt

Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter

Busy day for QBs: Robert Griffin III is in Washington visiting with Redskins. Andrew Luck is in Indianapolis visiting with Colts.

Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter

Stanford QB Andrew Luck is scheduled to leave Indianapolis today to fly to Washington to meet with the Redskins.

Luck is smarter than RGIII here..

If a team asks to meet with you..meet with them....whether you think they'll pick you or not

We all understand the draft order..

But dont disrespect a franchise by refusing to even meet..

..and the NFL is a business..you need all the contacts you can get....

Just sign Luck already when he comes for this visit. Annoying how much they are draging this pick out. Get it over with and focus on pick #34.

Completely agree. Lets start focusing on what we're gonna do with the 2-7 round picks. And possible brew up some trades that will benefit us if there are still teams wanting Freeney.

Get Luck Signed!!!

Completely agree. Lets start focusing on what we're gonna do with the 2-7 round picks. And possible brew up some trades that will benefit us if there are still teams wanting Freeney.

Get Luck Signed!!!

I agree, he should be signed yesterday.

But even though he is not, it does not mean that they are not "focusing" on rounds 2-7. In fact, I am sure they are since #1 overall is a done deal.

I still cannot believe we have not signed him yet. Why not just get it over with, get him a playbook and get going. Everyone and their mother knows we are not taking anybody but Luck. It has been that way since we secured the first overall pick.

It's been that way since we were about 0-5 ;)

If he's the choice he is the choice and the team has moved on to rounds 2-7 they just haven't made the mistake of signing him this early.

If they haven't made up their mind 100% then the team is still working on rounds 1-7.

There is still no benefit in signing him this soon. Risks vs. Rewards.

I haven't formed my opinion yet. My initial choice is no longer on the table. I think the comparison to the top 3 QB's is much closer than many want to say.

Initial choice being PM. Going to be weird seeing him in A bronco uniform when they play the Pats.

I agree. I think RG3 and Luck are close. Who is the third? Tannenhill?

Initial choice being PM. Going to be weird seeing him in A bronco uniform when they play the Pats.

I agree. I think RG3 and Luck are close. Who is the third? Tannenhill?

Yeah, Tanneyhill isn't that far from the first two on film. If he ends up in Miami(same system and same coach), he might have the smoother transition to the NFL than the other two.

Scenario A was trading the pick and using them around 18.

Yeah, Tanneyhill isn't that far from the first two on film. If he ends up in Miami(same system and same coach), he might have the smoother transition to the NFL than the other two.

Could have maybe kept 18, traded the pick and drafted Tannehill. I think he is good as well.

Ha. Hey, if you had the choice who would you choose 1st?

From what some insiders say Shannahan would take RG3 if he had the #1 pick.

I think that is a lie. I remember the Chargers claiming they wanted Leaf the whole time. After the fact, Beathard (their GM) admitted they wanted Manning and tried to trade up to the #1 spot with the Colts to get him.

Luck is smarter than RGIII here..

If a team asks to meet with you..meet with them....whether you think they'll pick you or not

We all understand the draft order..

But dont disrespect a franchise by refusing to even meet..

..and the NFL is a business..you need all the contacts you can get....

To be fair, RG3 never said he wouldn't meet with the Colts. He said he wasn't going to work out for any team.

From what I read on PFT, the Colts have not asked him to meet with them.

Traded the Pick to Wash, keep PM and draft Blackmon to play alongside Wayne.

I actually would have traded the pick and taken either Kalil/Richardson. Changed the whole scheme of things. What better way to take care of Peyton moving forward but to give him an elite LT or elite stud RB. Then we still would have had the #34 pick in round 2 and possibly got Fleener/Jenkins/DT help. We didn't have to have another wr...Peyton turned Austin Collie, Pierre Garcon, and Blair White into household names and Reggie Wayne and Marvin Harrison possibly into HOF/Pro Bowlers.

I can't blame RG3 for shunning the Colts. They aren't trying to legitly decide if they want to sign the kid they want to exploit him and Irsay is trying to use him for a few more hits on his Twitter account. That said Snyder probably isn't much better than Irsay though. I understand some being upset he doesn't want to come for a visit but this is his life...he should be happy and has no obligation to show interest in playing for us. If he wants to go to the big market and spread his brand (like Tebow) than more power to him. I think both teams made the right move.

To be fair, RG3 never said he wouldn't meet with the Colts. He said he wasn't going to work out for any team.

From what I read on PFT, the Colts have not asked him to meet with them.

But I do think you have to take that as pointed towards the Colts. There are only two teams he really could work out for, the Colts and Redskins. The Redskins will draft him without a private workout. So the only team that affects is the Colts. I think they did it more of a blanket statement so it didn't look like he was avoiding the Colts. I don't mind, really. It would make me sick to my stomach if the Colts picked him.

I think that is a lie. I remember the Chargers claiming they wanted Leaf the whole time. After the fact, Beathard (their GM) admitted they wanted Manning and tried to trade up to the #1 spot with the Colts to get him.

I think if anything Shannahan has one slightly ranked higher than the other. Not a significant swing either way.

On film, he shows a mediocre at best arm, pats the ball, and has trouble identifying receivers right as they get open.....resulting in him making his throws too late.

So yeah.....he's pretty far off.

The idea that Tannehill is not that far off from Luck/Griffin is laughable. Before recently, he was projected to go late first or not even in the 1st. That's what happens when teams who are QB needy start going nuts over the next avaliable QB.

The idea that Tannehill is not that far off from Luck/Griffin is laughable. Before recently, he was projected to go late first or not even in the 1st. That's what happens when teams who are QB needy start going nuts over the next avaliable QB.

Yep.

Tannehill has been a quarterback for exactly 1.5 seasons. He's not in the same galaxy as Luck/Griffin.

Let this be the last time that is ever said, or in any way insinuated.

No doubt his stock is on the rise since Luck and RG3 will be already gone. I do believe he has a chance to be pretty good however. I think it would be best if he did not play right away.

No doubt his stock is on the rise since Luck and RG3 will be already gone. I do believe he has a chance to be pretty good however. I think it would be best if he did not play right away.

That might be the case, but if he ends up in Miami, I stand by my comment that he will have a smoother transition than the other 2. His former coach will be his OC, and running the same system.

I'd take Kirk Cousins over Tannehill.

That might be the case, but if he ends up in Miami, I stand by my comment that he will have a smoother transition than the other 2. His former coach will be his OC, and running the same system.

Who knows. You could very well be right especially with the same system in place.

System doesn't matter when he's a rookie. There's still gonna be an adjustment period like for all rookie QB's.