Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Training Camp Day 19 (8/24)

Restinpeacesweetchloe

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Thanks.  Reich has talked about 2 minute drills being critical. He needs to get some TD though.

In fairness to Jacob there were no timeouts and the clock was running when it wasn't supposed to.

It was only a field goal because the time ran out. 

2 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

We still have one player to cut today.  Maybe Hundley now that Carson is practicing again.

It very well could be unless they want him to play a portion of the game Friday. 

He's only gotten a handful of reps these last two days.

8 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

We still have one player to cut today.  Maybe Hundley now that Carson is practicing again.

I think we're down to 79 players right now. Below the 80 we need to be at. At least according to the Colts website. I think Ballard may have cut Pineiro early to give him a chance to get a job elsewhere.

2 minutes ago, dew5150 said:

I think we're down to 79 players right now. Below the 80 we need to be at. At least according to the Colts website. I think Ballard may have cut Pineiro early to give him a chance to get a job elsewhere.

A cut must have slipped through the cracks then.

20 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Not putting you down, but that sounds more like a fantasy world.  Sam isn't as fast as Hill, and D's will know they only have to pass defend a portion of the field.  I'll be surprised if they even set up Hill type packages for him.

I’ll never forget when Taysom Hill absolutely shook Pierre Desir against the Saints on Monday night a couple years ago. 

Just now, IrsaysArmy said:

I’ll never forget when Taysom Hill absolutely shook Pierre Desir against the Saints on Monday night a couple years ago. 

That never happened.  That game never happened.  That night never happened.  

(At least in my mind)

32 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

If it was me I would want to give reps to the QB’s that will make the team at this point.  Reich knows best though.

I agree.  Hundley isn't making the cut, let him go now.  

16 minutes ago, Walkingbear4343 said:

Sam tested with slightly better velocity than wentz.  But by all means keep throwing that out there. 

Not that it matters, but Wentz threw a 57 at the combine.  I never saw Sam’s numbers.  What I read was that he has good velocity when he can set his feet and fire away.  

But, to me, the eye test shows that Sam just doesn’t have an NFL arm.  The only two one passses he threw were 50/50 balls against backups.  They were probably picks in a real game. 

I love the guy just because of the heart and competitiveness he showed in college.  IMHO, I think his future is in coaching.  

17 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Not that it matters, but Wentz threw a 57 at the combine.  I never saw Sam’s numbers.  What I read was that he has good velocity when he can set his feet and fire away.  

But, to me, the eye test shows that Sam just doesn’t have an NFL arm.  The only two one passses he threw were 50/50 balls against backups.  They were probably picks in a real game. 

I love the guy just because of the heart and competitiveness he showed in college.  IMHO, I think his future is in coaching.  

One quarterback throws just about every throw has hard as he can the other throws with touch. Glad the coaching staff disagrees with you. Sam threw a 58 at his pro day.

43 minutes ago, dw49 said:

He has long arms , so lessons the height issue. 

So does Kenny Moore. From what I recall, they have similar wingspans. And as good as Moore is in the slot, he can't play the boundary. It's not just height, it's also strength.

I think Rodgers can definitely have a role on the defense, but I doubt it will be on the boundary. But who knows.

10 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Respectfully, I would have to disagree here. 

The throw that Sam made to Vaughns was over the shoulder of Vaughs, away from the defender. It was placed only where the receiver had a chance to make the catch. The same scenario on the throw to Black. you can see those throws in this video.

I also think that the pass from Eason was more of a 50/50 ball than any throw made by Ehlinger, however, this could be my own bias on how I see things. You can see that video here.

I have to say, all the talk of whether we keep Ehlinger or not or risk him on PS amuses me.

The Colts front office isn't blind.  Nor stupid.  They know Wentz's injury history.  They know that at any moment Wentz could stub his toe, or get the flu, or a splinter, or a mosquito bite, and be on the injury list for a month.  They need Eason to be available, and they need Ehlinger to back him up.  All three QB's are going to make the 53-man squad.  All three of them need to.

4 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

So does Kenny Moore. From what I recall, they have similar wingspans. And as good as Moore is in the slot, he can't play the boundary. It's not just height, it's also strength.

I think Rodgers can definitely have a role on the defense, but I doubt it will be on the boundary. But who knows.

Let's not forget that on consecutive plays versus the Bills in the playoff loss he picked Josh Allen, playing boundary corner......both plays were negated by penalties on other defensive teammates.....

He's been playing boundary corner his whole life as an undersized corner, he's used to it and if he can cover, who cares about his strength.

Kenny Moore played more FS/SS in college and roamed around the field a lot, as he does in his role as a Nickel Back for us - again, he was used to playing like that.

Archived