Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How many starters will play against Carolina


TaylorTheStudMuffin

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Wentzszn said:

Reich said Eason will most likely play a entire half. Do you think he will have some starters in there to start the game Sometimes they don’t even dress or play a snap in these first preseason games. How fair will it be to judge Eason without some starters in there?

The starters typically play the first drive so I assume most if not all will be on the field.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Our O Line is already down 3/5 of the projected starters, if you count Fisher.  I would hope they keep the best O line group in the entire time Eason plays.  If that's the entire first half, so be it.  Those guys need work too.

 

As for the rest, most of last years starters don't need to be in more than a quarter if that much.  We know what we have with them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

No point risking another foot surgery do not play the starters at all

No, vets need the reps too. Everybody gets rusty; live action gets 'em ready. Just don't leave them out there past the first quarter or so. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

Reich said Eason will most likely play a entire half. Do you think he will have some starters in there to start the game Sometimes they don’t even dress or play a snap in these first preseason games. How fair will it be to judge Eason without some starters in there?

Eason is not a starter and never has been. Put him in because as some posters say he is the guy for 2021. HA-HA-HA

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, cbear said:

Good question. Seeing what Eason has throws things out of wack a bit. He needs the work as Reich said, but without the ones, what do we really learn? I'd go with first Q. 

I guess it really won’t make much of a difference if he is playing against the panthers twos. But it’s so hard to gauge anything. Some of the starters I bet don’t even make the trip or play. But Carolina will be doing the same thing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

Reich said Eason will most likely play a entire half. Do you think he will have some starters in there to start the game Sometimes they don’t even dress or play a snap in these first preseason games. How fair will it be to judge Eason without some starters in there?

I think the odds are 1,000 percent that Frank will be fair to Eason.   He will note how many of our first team players are out for whatever reason.   He will note if Eason is supported by 2nd string and are facing Carolinas 1st string.

 

No one has more invested in the success of Jacob Eason than Frank Reich.   He will be as fair as humanly possible.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, King Colt said:

Eason is not a starter and never has been. Put him in because as some posters say he is the guy for 2021. HA-HA-HA

It’s not some posters saying.   It’s Frank Reich, the head coach of the Colts.   He has literally said it’s Eason’s team for now.   That means until he loses the job, which he may or may not do.   But we will let him try to prove himself.   Laugh all you want…..  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

It’s not some posters saying.   It’s Frank Reich, the head coach of the Colts.   He has literally said it’s Eason’s team for now.   That means until he loses the job, which he may or may not do.   But we will let him try to prove himself.   Laugh all you want…..  

Yeah, "..his team for now." That is really loaded with confidence. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Yeah, "..his team for now." That is really loaded with confidence. 

It’s as much as Eason can reasonably expect. Notice we haven’t gone out and traded for another QB right now,  you know, as some (well, one) poster is demanding.    
 

The clock is running…..    he’s got three ore-season games to show us what he can do, or not.    In three weeks we will know more. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...