Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

"san Diego State Punter Brian Stahovich To Work Out For Colts"

B-B

http://buf.scout.com/a.z?s=24&p=9&c=2&cid=1174614&nid=6106840&fhn=1

"

San Diego State punter Brian Stahovich has a private workout with the Indianapolis Colts, according to a league source.

He has previously conducted private workouts for the Cleveland Browns and New York Jets' special teams coaches.

Stahovich is one of the top punters available in the NFL draft, an All-Mountain West Conference selection who averaged 43.4 yards last season.

Over a quarter of his attempts were 50 yards or greater.

He averaged 49.2 yards with three over 50 yards in a win over Fresno State.

"

I hope we're not giving up on the Boomstick!

My thinking is Adam will retire next year and McAfee will take over kicking duties and this kid will be the new punter, if we were to get him anyways

Maybe a little competition for Pat to elevate his game...or

They may think about moving Pat over and bringing in a new P...or

They may just be bringing a punter for unknown reasons.

Or, they're still trying to convince people that Luck isn't a lock.

We can have him play punter, safety, and QB. He would probably be better then almost all the DBs then we had last year, heck you would probably be a upgrade over the QBs we had last year.

actually Orlovski didnt play bad last year considering our O line was a mess, Painter was awful, Orlovski I suspect can start on some teams in the league and provided us with a serviceable backup who COULD HAVE came in and filled in for Manning, we wouldnt be in this position now to draft Luck in my opinion if he started the whole season though

No but it does show we have an interest but I believe that has to do with Vinatieries age more then actual talent the guy has

but two other teams also worked him out, and i think the colts have way more needs than to waste a pick on another punter just so we can hope this guy turns out. we know what were getting from vinatieri every sunday, he can still knock it down from fifty yards out. and we know what were getting from pat punting the ball. i have yet to see him kick a field goal. ive seen pat kick extra points in pre season but thats way different.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/brian-stahovich?id=2533022

Says he is just an average punter at the moment. Doesn't mean he can't improve!

http://walterfootball.com/draft2012PU.php

They have him as the 5th best punter available....check out the name of the first ranked punter! We should draft him! Bryan Anger from Cal

Our special teams is just going to be a contest to see who can grow their hair out the longest

3350400.jpeged4835867df14690aeafa5d09d79ee20--nfl_large_580_1000.jpg

That's the real reason why Vinny won't be here much longer

I really don't think we will draft a punter..perhaps an udfa pick up and then see who does the best in preseason. Personally I am all up for replacing everyone if we find someone better. The thought that we can't replace Pat...(an avg punter at best) is laughable. Pat has a big leg..but so does a TON of other talented kickers. If we get someone with better situational skills...someone that doesn't just try to kick the ball as far as he can and out kick his coverage then I am all for it. With the poor special teams coverage we had you can't act like that wasn't part of Pats fault either. If Pat kicks shorter/higher punts it gives us time to cover and forces more fair catches....if his directional punting was better it pins people into a corner...point is Pat can improve..if he is back that is great..hope the weights are helping but if he isn't I am sure it is because we are upgrading. We had Hunter Smith and we let him go...Pat is no different.

I really don't think we will draft a punter..perhaps an udfa pick up and then see who does the best in preseason. Personally I am all up for replacing everyone if we find someone better. The thought that we can't replace Pat...(an avg punter at best) is laughable. Pat has a big leg..but so does a TON of other talented kickers. If we get someone with better situational skills...someone that doesn't just try to kick the ball as far as he can and out kick his coverage then I am all for it. With the poor special teams coverage we had you can't act like that wasn't part of Pats fault either. If Pat kicks shorter/higher punts it gives us time to cover and forces more fair catches....if his directional punting was better it pins people into a corner...point is Pat can improve..if he is back that is great..hope the weights are helping but if he isn't I am sure it is because we are upgrading. We had Hunter Smith and we let him go...Pat is no different.

you are forgetting that Pat Mac is our best special teams tackler at the moment.